mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-25-2014, 01:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
MilSim

PGP 2k help

So money issues arose and had to sell my custom Walz brass. Sold it locally to C4 Explosives (great guy) and he hooked me up with a PGP since he didn't want me to go brassless. Needed a bit of TLC so I tore it apart and gave it a thorough cleaning. Pump handle wasn't as smooth as I'd like so I did some light dremel polishing and it slides real nice now.

My issue right now though is that the valve is quick sticky. I want to fully disassemble it but so far I can only get the 12 gram seat off. Don't know how to go about taking the rest of the valve apart without marring the valve or the threads. Any help would be awesome.
Paintball changed for me twice in my life, when a close friend introduced me to pump play and cockers and when I went from woodsball with Tippmanns to tournament ball with my Bob Long Rapper and AKA Viking on the UW-Stout Team. I'm a better player thanks to both occurrences.

MCB Feedback

F1 and F2 Illustrators FS

Cocker, Automag and Misc. Parts FS

WTB Misc. Parts
WholemealDrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Ruleofsines or someone made videos but I can't find them now.

The valve is a cartridge and 3 pieces. Some pics in this thread here.
Sheridan Valve Assembly and Other Tech Links

Before you do anything else, I'd suggest marking the pieces of the valve so you know how to line it up when you re-assemble. Just makes it easier.

If you got the 12g seal replaced then it sounds like you got the nose off already. So here's my wonderful trick.... - Wrap tape over those threads on the 12g nose so you don't mess them up
- Take a small file and make 2 flats on that "middle piece". It's a very small edge so I usually tape next to it to keep the file there or just guide the file edge with a thumb nail to get it going. What you're trying to do is make 2 flat edges so you can get a wrench on. You don't want or need to file a lot....
- Use an adjustable wrench on your 2 flats and an allen in the valve hole for leverage. Viola.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
New In Box Broken

I did make videos, but they disappeared when I canceled my Google+ account, I have to get them back up another way.

I used tape to protect the valve body then went at it with pliers, I was fortunate my pieces were not seized together. The lip you have to work with is very narrow. A small strap wrench would probably be ideal for this.

Misc Sales Thread
RuleOfSines is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
MilSim

I'll have to give it a try with some tape or a strap wrench. Thanks guys
Paintball changed for me twice in my life, when a close friend introduced me to pump play and cockers and when I went from woodsball with Tippmanns to tournament ball with my Bob Long Rapper and AKA Viking on the UW-Stout Team. I'm a better player thanks to both occurrences.

MCB Feedback

WTB Misc. Parts
Old 04-28-2014, 12:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Gazoo Send a message via MSN to Gazoo Send a message via Yahoo to Gazoo

I saved an old bike tube that I can wrap around the valve to disassemble.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
MilSim

Just a heads up to others, if you are going to use the tape and wrench method use LOTS of tape. Ended up buggering some of the threads where the cartridge seat threads on.

MCB Feedback

WTB Misc. Parts
Old 04-28-2014, 09:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

I'm confused, what did you actually do? Neither method mentioned (strap wrench or flats on the middle piece) goes near the threads. Did you just put tape over the threads and use vice grips or something?

Quote:
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
Old 04-28-2014, 10:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
MilSim

Did the file flats idea but apparently I didn't make a flat enough area so I slipped off the tip of it and hit the threads. That or mine was so seized that I used too much pressure and slipped off the tip and hit the threads. It is ok though, 12g seat still screwed on just fine, just a little tight in a few spots.

New problem: fully disassembled and cleaned everything but it still won't pierce 12 grams even though the valve guide moves smoothly now.

MCB Feedback

WTB Misc. Parts
Old 04-28-2014, 10:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Ah, that sucks. Glad it's still functional.

You sure it's cocking all the way? You getting 2 clicks when cocking it? The RVA has to be a full turn out on those or they won't cock all the way. Same issue if the RVA is in too far.

Quote:
ooops
Old 04-28-2014, 10:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
MilSim

Pretty sure I am but I'll double check

MCB Feedback

WTB Misc. Parts

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan