mcarterbrown.com  

Old 06-07-2014, 12:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Arggg...the wait...the fate!

It always starts with looking at pics of other people's stuff right. You get inspired, ideas start floating around inside your head about what you're going to do different...how you want it to look. You start putting feelers out there...I need this or that...one of these or those. Then you start pulling the trigger, buying those items you want to put together...making that thing you've imagined come to life. Impatiently you search or wait for pms to be answered all the while you spend a few hundred dollars and then all of a sudden you realize...OMG...I have to wait for all of these things, these bits, these pieces and parts to trickle in from all over North America! Why oh why is this so hard to do?

On the day you've secured that last item (yeah right ) that was so hard to find...a BOS delrin pump handle...you see it! The inspiration that made you want to start this in the first place shows up in the BST's. A K-framed PGP going by the name of "Fang"!

I know I will have fun putting "my" K-framed PGP together, truly making it "mine" but wow it's hard to not just want to buy that one that's already made that made me go...oh yes, that's it!
B1gRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
So my wait is over for the most part. I've got everything in that I have paid for so far. Of course there are more things I want to get...spring feed, PPS feed plug, PGP 2K bolt, sight rail and something different for grips. I had it out for a game at the end of June minus the speed changer and was very happy with it. This is going to be a on going project...I'm happy to play with it as is while I gradually build the other parts.

Here's some pics...

Old 07-23-2014, 09:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Pumps in the Woods

Brass N Wood Fan
Dude, I love the color of the frame.

I also have a k-framed pgp that I want to "make mine", I am probably going to send it somewhere to get powder coated a contrasting color to my Walz KP2. Then gets some work on fancying up the stick feed and a few other ideas I've got floating around.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"Make (your attacker) advance through a wall of bullets. I may get killed with my own gun, but he’s gonna have to beat me to death with it, ‘cause it’s going to be empty." Clint Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns1000 View Post
You have a president a monkey, without brains.
He can't understand that Russia, the strongest and cleverest country in the world.

volunteer paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I would have bought yours that you had up for sale if I hadn't already put the funds out on this. I'm undecided on the finish...polish the brass, nickle plate it or powder coat? I'll have to live with it a bit I think.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Pumps in the Woods

Brass N Wood Fan
I am honestly glad I decided to keep it. I have an idea based on mythology, have a Castor and Pollux type of imagery going on with it and my KP2.

I am going to have it powder coated a light gray or white, so it will have a visual constrast against its slate colored brother.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"Make (your attacker) advance through a wall of bullets. I may get killed with my own gun, but he’s gonna have to beat me to death with it, ‘cause it’s going to be empty." Clint Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns1000 View Post
You have a president a monkey, without brains.
He can't understand that Russia, the strongest and cleverest country in the world.

volunteer paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

waiting...waiting for people to reply to my pm's or send me the stuff i've already paid for. been there, done that...

as for ideas...there is an old pmi 1 for sale locally to me, and then i see a thread about pneumatic assist pump...must resist $200 brass gun project!
Cyco-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 02:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to BigOldSkool

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Yeah.. those KT Clone handles are going to be a rare commodity. I have made a bunch of them but due to costs of material raising it just isn't economically sane to make them any more. It is around 65$ a foot now and I don't stock that size.

RIP - Ed "BigDaddy" Roth and "Indian" Larry
Wild Geese - Coney Isand White Fish - ECA
BOS's Feedback!
What Serial Number Is Your Cocker? WTB
ECAP - "Making players dreams other players nightmares"
COUSINS PAINTBALL
BigOldSkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I know, I was shocked to see this show only a couple of weeks after I pm'd you about one. Convincing the seller to part it really saved my bacon. BTW, it's a very comfy pump handle...I'm sure that's not the first time you have heard that.
Old 08-07-2014, 04:13 PM   #9 (permalink)

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Another update on my ongoing KPGP. I cut a quick strip slot for it as well as a spring feed. Used my trusty old rotary tool and am pretty happy with how they came out. A must have now is the PPS feed plug.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan