mcarterbrown.com  

Old 06-07-2014, 11:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Where to buy 10-32 banjo bolts for Sheridan hard line?

So I striped the head of one of my banjo bolts holding the hard line down and now it leaks. Does anyone have a source for them? I see Bacci has 8 of them in new condition but at $15 a pop its a little more than I want to pay. I'd like to get two and for $30 plus shipping I'll just find a junk SB or LB and swipe the bolts and have some spare parts left over. I was thinking of getting the 10-32 90 degree slip fit elbows and go with macro line if I have to, but would rather keep the look the gun has now.

Any help out there? I already checked. Mcmastercarr and Fastenal but no luck.
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 12:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

ASP Online Store: Clippard 10-32 Banjo Screw (2 pk.)

Would these work?
Old 06-08-2014, 02:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
I don't think so, but maybe someone else knows for sure?
Old 06-08-2014, 10:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Aces and eights

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Send a PM to WALZ, chplnstone, mad customs, etc. The brass mages probably either know where to get them or have extras. WALZ in particular does the side-tapped air hose to an ASA block forward of the trigger guard; if he's done that with a few PMI IIs then he might have the old hardware laying around.
Feedback

RIP
heinous
2006-2014
"No, I'M sorry"
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
I have two brass barrels!

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
So I striped the head of one of my banjo bolts holding the hard line down and now it leaks. Does anyone have a source for them? I see Bacci has 8 of them in new condition but at $15 a pop its a little more than I want to pay. I'd like to get two and for $30 plus shipping I'll just find a junk SB or LB and swipe the bolts and have some spare parts left over. I was thinking of getting the 10-32 90 degree slip fit elbows and go with macro line if I have to, but would rather keep the look the gun has now.

Any help out there? I already checked. Mcmastercarr and Fastenal but no luck.
Manning, I am 99% sure that 10-32 90 degree slip fit to macro will not hold the pressure of the air coming from the BBA. Those are made for Low Pressure applications and usually the collar of the fitting or sometimes the body as well is made of plastic. I tried that once a long time ago already. On my LB I had, I ended up tapping the holes from 10-32 to 1/8 NPT and using regular fittings. Worked like a charm, but then, if your marker is original, you might not want to go that far.
Dawg047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
Send a PM to WALZ, chplnstone, mad customs, etc. The brass mages probably either know where to get them or have extras. WALZ in particular does the side-tapped air hose to an ASA block forward of the trigger guard; if he's done that with a few PMI IIs then he might have the old hardware laying around.
Good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg047 View Post
Manning, I am 99% sure that 10-32 90 degree slip fit to macro will not hold the pressure of the air coming from the BBA. Those are made for Low Pressure applications and usually the collar of the fitting or sometimes the body as well is made of plastic. I tried that once a long time ago already. On my LB I had, I ended up tapping the holes from 10-32 to 1/8 NPT and using regular fittings. Worked like a charm, but then, if your marker is original, you might not want to go that far.
http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/w...7/IMG_1428.jpg
Thanks for the info. I didn't know that and really have fooled around with macro before. Thanks for saving me some cash!

I'm digging that setup. Hmmm... Do you think you could thread in an ASA like PPS makes where your gauge is and run a side car 12g bucket changer? Possible idea for a future project...
Old 06-08-2014, 11:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
I have two brass barrels!

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
Good idea.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that and really have fooled around with macro before. Thanks for saving me some cash!

I'm digging that setup. Hmmm... Do you think you could thread in an ASA like PPS makes where your gauge is and run a side car 12g bucket changer? Possible idea for a future project...
Yes sir. That is actually a future project I have in mind after I get done with PD54. I am thinking of taking a LB and making a custom 12 gram changer out of brass and attaching it in that same fashion. So many setups you can run by just tapping that out to 1/8 NPT. Just be careful and make sure you get good solid threads tapped in if you decide to do that. The lower tube isn't as thick as I would like but it had enough to get good solid threads in. Also, I thought about even tapping and adding a fitting and then adding a little solder around the edges to add some strength. Butmine was fine without it.

Last edited by Dawg047; 06-08-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Dawg047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 12:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Cool. I saw an old thread where Earon Carter made a custom brass dropout mounted similarly and have had a project in mind. Thanks for sharing the info!
Old 06-09-2014, 05:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Those pmi banjo screws are always a pain and I have stripped the heads of too many of them as well. So after reading this I decided to pull out one of the 10x32 90 banjos similar to what Haveblue has on airsoldier to check compatibility:
Clippard 10x32 Banjo Screw Stud 12292
The screws are the same length as the drilled 10x32 stock banjo screw fittings but the ring is thicker so they won't fit through the hardline.

Left is the stock Clippard Banjo screw, center is the filed down clippard banjo screw and left is the stock screw off the Piranha below.

So I took one of the stainless banjo screws and filed the rings (above and below the mid air hole) down.

After that the clippard screw will pass through the hardline hole fine and screw into the body. I haven't aired up the piranha but I'll have to do that later today.

[img]

Seems like it should work and it's flat head and head so no more fear of stripping.
Hope that helps.

And since Manning mentioned the drop out Sheridan. Unfortunately the bore is gigantic.

Last edited by bacci paintball; 06-09-2014 at 05:32 PM. Reason: corrections
bacci paintball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Aw shiz Manning, forgot to PM you back on the seal size. I'll poke around tonight and see if I have any spare banjo screws.
DIY Paintball Stuff!

Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan