mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-24-2008, 10:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Brass N Wood Fan
Sheridan Equalizer

I recently bought a Sheridan equalizer and i am wondeing if anyone has a manual or info on or about them. I am also looking for barrels, upgrades, and parts.
gotzskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Gun Hoarder

Send a message via AIM to pwpaintball

They take VM barrels, for more info and manual Vintagerex.com is your friend.

PS Welcome to MCB where your questions are answered.
My Sale

My Feedback
pwpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Brass N Wood Fan
Thanks, that was a big help.
gotzskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 05:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

There are 2 different grips that go on an Equalizer. The standard factory grip has a flat bottom. The upgraded grip has a triangular section with a hole through it that comes off of the bottom. This grip will take a bottom line kit. I've never personally seen a bottom line kit (and I'm not a big fan of random hoses coming off my gun) but I know they're out there.

The feed neck can be removed and replaced. I know they used to sell Spyder type feed neck (though I'm not sure why), but I don't know what else is out there. You can also remove the brass nipple and get an elbow that fits directly into the black feed neck. This elbow will lower your hopper by about an inch. I usually then cut the feed neck of the hopper by about an inch to get an even lower profile.

PW is right, look for VM accessories rather than Equalizer accessories. My first upgrade to my Equalizer was a 14" barrel with muzzle break. You might try these two sites for some parts and upgrades www.vm68.com: Where to buy VM parts Vm Empire Store
Old 10-31-2009, 10:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

They are just about the slowest semi ever made due to the HORRID reg recharge rate. And the squeaking noise they make makes Azzy laugh.

There is one part that often goes bad and will just about kill your Equalizer as replacements are non-existent: The seal between the body and the trigger valve thing. It's rectangular, orange, flat on one side, curved on the other. It's totally unique to the marker and impossible to find. If it goes, your Equalizer is dead unless you can cannibalize another Equalizer.
I do custom 3D printing and design work. PM me for inquiries.

Mission Masters
My Feedback
Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

When I got my Equalizer it was the fastest gun around (not as fast as a cocker or automag but better than any of the tippmann or Spyder guns my friends had). Now its comparable to any mechanical semi. After the invention of electro-pneumatic guns none of the classics can compare.

You're right about the seal. I just found out that if you harass the people at Crosman they will find parts for guns (in this case the PGP) that they have claimed for years they don't have. It might still be possible to get some of the weird seals. If not, I imagine someone skilled with rubber could make more with an x-acto knife and a belt hole punch.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Equalizer View Post
When I got my Equalizer it was the fastest gun around (not as fast as a cocker or automag but better than any of the tippmann or Spyder guns my friends had). Now its comparable to any mechanical semi. After the invention of electro-pneumatic guns none of the classics can compare.
You must have the magical Equalizer then. Every single one I've heard of has such a terrible reg recharge that anything over 2 bps gets serious shootdown.
I do custom 3D printing and design work. PM me for inquiries.

Mission Masters
My Feedback
Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:43 PM   #8 (permalink)

Well more than one person did call it magic, I just didn't know that it had to do with issues with other Equalizers.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

The other hard thing to find is the trigger valve itself. It is a high pressure 3 way that actually has the full operating pressure go through it. (~300-350 psi) You can't swap it for a 'cocker 3 way.

The infamous seal is also tapered, so it's that much harder to make from stock rubber bits.

I got lucky and found both at a little, old paintball shop that used to be up here. It's too bad that there isn't a different valve option for that trigger. They are similar to Automags in that the main guts are fairly self contained, with only the trigger valve on the "outside". It's just screams for a bullpup conversion (with is actually easier that it sounds, just make a new trigger rail, and get a longer oprod)

The though Punisher (IIRC) threw at me a few years ago was to gut the internal reg, seal it up, and put one on the outside. But truth be told, if you play with it in a manner similar to a pump with an autotrigger, rof isn't a problem.

Catchya on the Flip Side.....

Emerald Wolf -- loves his, and just got used to it leaking a bit all the time...
Emerald Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:45 AM   #10 (permalink)

Isn't the Tippmann ball detend made of the same type of rubber?

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan