mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Sheridan (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/sheridan/)
-   -   Questions on KP's (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/sheridan/6719-questions-kps.html)

Bones 11-20-2006 09:45 PM

Questions on KP's

Hello, I am interested in getting another pump marker. I have seen quite a few guys from Farmland (my local pump club) toting around KP2s.

I am interested in picking one of these (or its variations) up.

My knowlage and my questions are:

The KP2 runs off of one 12 gram with a 15 round feed tube correct?
The KP3 runs off of constant air (could it be converted for 12 grams?)
I don't know much about the K2.

I am looking for something that runs off of 12 grams (I maybe could go constant air, but I don't like it as much) and pump or lever action, or cocking like the BB guns where you pull the lever down under the trigger. I have seen these and they all look great.

If you have any info to answer or add to this that would be great.

I am looking at Stock Class Forums, here, and a few other random spots just to see how much they go for, but my understanding is that they are quite rare to come up for sale, and when they do they go fast.

Any help is much appricated.
Thank you for your time,
Bryan

The other marker I have been looking at is the Pug as my PGP went down in the cold and I used that for the 10-ball game, I swear it shot magic paintballs.

c6quad 11-20-2006 09:57 PM

Quote:

The KP2 runs off of one 12 gram with a 15 round feed tube correct?
you are correct.

Quote:

The KP3 runs off of constant air (could it be converted for 12 grams?)
correct again. they could be converted to run 12 grams, but you'll have to put a peirce pin in the valve though if you want to run 12's in the same fashion as a kp2.

Quote:

I don't know much about the K2.
it's the same as a kp2 except the k2 is bolt action.

Bones 11-20-2006 10:15 PM

Ahhh, I see. So in my case a KP2 or a K2 would both be great. Thank you for your quick help.

c6quad 11-20-2006 10:15 PM

another thing i forgot to mention is the front of the stock on the k2 is longer than a kp2 or 3's stock.

i wouldn't really call them rare because there were a lot of them made. the condition that you find them in can be the rare part of kp's in general. when they do surface they usually sell fast and for good money too.

c6quad 11-20-2006 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones (Post 58359)
Ahhh, I see. So in my case a KP2 or a K2 would both be great. Thank you for your quick help.

yes. that would be your best bet. find one and send it to PPS for a tune and you'll be golden.

your more than welcome, and welcome to MCB.:D

howling phantom 11-24-2006 06:46 PM

Now, now s6quad, alot of the kp-3 were shipped with the piercing pin valves, even though they were made for CA. I just sold my Kp-3, that had stock internals(cept for some seals), and it had the pin.

I ran it with 12 grams. Dont be suprised if what ever you get, kp-3 or kp-2, doesnt get much more than 20-25 shos per 12g. To get it higher, it needs to be taken to PPS or such, as stated.