mcarterbrown.com  

Old 11-28-2006, 01:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

P-68 Pressure

What is the normal presure that you guys are using on your P-68s. I have a P-68AT with a PPS performance tune and I have sealed the bolt. I was trying to use a female stab on it and I have to turn it all the way up to 800psi with my compressed air tank just to get it above 250fps. I do not want to run the RVA in any farther than I have. The darn thing is hard enough to cock already. I don't see any in the pic thread with stabs on them. So I asume they need max presure to run. Will I need to run liquid CO2 if it is even a little cool out side. Is their anything I can do to get it to run on 600 or 700psi. I have the hose from stab running up to the rear ASA with an adapter. Would it run a lower presure if I ran the hose from the reg straight to the vavle chamber. I would like to run the thing on regulated CO2 if posible. I know their is only so much you can do with the valves they have (it does have a hounds tooth valve but still has a short hammer travel)

Last edited by pbp5079; 11-28-2006 at 01:57 AM.
pbp5079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Exterminate!

Send a message via AIM to WilD

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Most people run their Sheridans on unregulated CO2, I don't recall ever seeing one with a reg. I've never tried to lower the operating pressure on one and I doubt you can go very low as the interior volume is probably not adequate and they are sprung for full pressure. You might be able to go a little bit lower on the pressure if you change spring tensions, but that might be hard to do as there isn't any such thing as a Nelson spring kit for a Sheridan. If you are having trouble making velocity on full pressure CO2 gas, your hammer spring may be tired or have been previously trimmed. I recommend freshening that first, you shouldn't need to run liquid.
WilD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 08:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Thanks For the Information.
Thats what I thought. I still like the female stab. I will use it on something else.
pbp5079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 08:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
PJ
Retired from paintball

Send a message via AIM to PJ

I had a female stabilizer on my Piranha SB that I used primarily to adjust velocity and to help keep the CO2 somewhat, well, stabilized. I had it running pretty much full pressure, but I didn't have a gauge on it.

AIM: PJDarknight
CPPA #1145 / PPIG #496 / LPPC #103 / POG #1047 / Team Rogue Cell #7
PJ's Gallery on MCB
Feedback on MCB
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan