mcarterbrown.com

Old 05-14-2009, 04:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Brass N Wood Fan
Aiming with a KP

Well I just got my first KP kinda... its a p12 conversion by Mad Customs. I love everything about it except I can't aim it with a mask on. The stock is too high I guess to let me even get close to the gun. Is this is just a problem with mine cause its a conversion or is this a problem will all KP's? How have you guys dealt with or fixed this problem?

Oh and here are pics (stolen from the FS thread):
Pictures by mjlynnjr - Photobucket
Old 05-14-2009, 04:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Funwitagun69

Its more of a you gota get used to it thing, you could cut it like an L stock though, seen it done before.

Also, flex7's are nice to aim with
Old 05-14-2009, 04:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Icognito Remiss Firebrand

Send a message via AIM to Eress Pnter

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
it's sorta like fishing, you just cast the ball at them.
flex7s or morphs make it much easier though

Eress Pnter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

Brass N Wood Fan
Well I have vforce pro-vantage or what ever its called and I can kinda line up a lob shot or guesstimate decently but its no guarantee. I have the ability and tools for an L stock but I reeeeeeally don't want to do that. Oh well more excuse to sit out back and shoot this thing.

On a side note anybody got a tank bracket from a KP3 they don't want?
Old 05-14-2009, 04:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

a few things to try:events will give you some more clearence on your cheeksides,shoulder it lower,dont try for cheekweld and keep your head up little more aim with the barrel end
Gogged_Gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
All in

Brass N Wood Fan
HA! Let's get to the point. This bothered me same way a few weeks ago.

The point is when it comes to stock-class, each and every single shot counts, and must be a decisive one.
If you can't aim for this shot... why bother? Buy a mechanical gun or whatever and fire as hell. The firsts shots will aim for you and the following will hit!

But if you truly love stock-class playing, then you can either follow the previous advices, or - although it's pretty ugly and some people won't like that - install ae sight rail and any aiming device which will allow you to aim accurately.

I've been searching for some for the past few weeks and ended up in the WTB section a few days ago, where I've finally found two. But as a man living in the lower 48 you should find more easily. If not, you can send it to Palmer, they do install sight rails for 25 bucks I guess.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Sight rail would work, but I'd suggest getting a different mask.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

his gun is not stock class,its a RF

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSs_FR View Post
HA! Let's get to the point. This bothered me same way a few weeks ago.

The point is when it comes to stock-class, each and every single shot counts, and must be a decisive one.
If you can't aim for this shot... why bother? Buy a mechanical gun or whatever and fire as hell. The firsts shots will aim for you and the following will hit!

But if you truly love stock-class playing, then you can either follow the previous advices, or - although it's pretty ugly and some people won't like that - install ae sight rail and any aiming device which will allow you to aim accurately.

I've been searching for some for the past few weeks and ended up in the WTB section a few days ago, where I've finally found two. But as a man living in the lower 48 you should find more easily. If not, you can send it to Palmer, they do install sight rails for 25 bucks I guess.
Gogged_Gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Passing through rider

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
I dont shoulder mine... not usually. i know by using it a lot where it will hit when I shoot it. if you need an aiming device... you probably havent used the gun enough to build good muscle memory.

Then again, there will be the odd gun here and there that you wont hit a barn from inside the horse stall. If thats the KP, then so be it, shoot what is comfortable, not what is cool
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

I do a lot of work with sights and in a sense they are more decorative than functional. The best use of sights on a KP is use the bead as a sight line. The shot will fall along the line. You must learn to judge the angle based on distance.
There are several methods that can give you a practical sight without resorting to major hot work modifications. There is a plastic muzzle loader sight kit available at the major sporting stores that can be attached with minimum fuss. The front sight is a blade type with a hole that fits over the bead sight so neatly that it just snaps into place. The rear sight is adjustable for height and can be attached on a pvc plastic sleeve that slips on the rear barrel section.
Another way is make your own slip on front sight with 3/4 schedule 40 pvc. A simple blade sight can be made and glued on the pvc split ring. Sand it down a little, paint it black and it will work for years.
The main thing though is to use the front sight like a shotgun. You will have much better success if you think of it in that way.
BretG is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan