mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 03-10-2007, 09:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Video

Prien007 and others,

This is a video I uploaded of me test firing my Miltec in the yard. You can see the reloading steps, as I shoot up around 50 rounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgWcaQZV0Gw

I had to modify my co2 plug a little more after that, it let the co2 get slightly off center though it couldn't have come out.

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:09 PM   #12 (permalink)

Nice! Talking about spitting paint.

What did you use to make the paint hole. Dremel, drill press, mill, or other? And what size is it roughly? Does the 10rd fit in it or is it just big enough for the paint?

I have got to get me a Miltec now.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Fear the Dog!

Nice Vid Smith!!! Looked a bit Chilly!
So between the MIltec and the Warsensor G1, which do you like better?

My Feedback-http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...oglbs+feedback
doglb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

the US distributer for the Miltec product is

www.tacticalpaintball.com
LK-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
Fear the Dog!

I had issues with tacticalpaintball.com. I had placed an order for a stock, waited a week without any updates on processing, so I called the guy. He was at some senario game, apologized and said he would send it out after he returned. 2 days! Waited another week, still no update-
called and had the same response, he was busy planning a senario game and would get it out, waited again a week-nothing! Paypal dispute was filed and I got my money back!

All I am saying is be careful purchasing through them, I had a bad experience!

My Feedback-http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...oglbs+feedback
doglb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

I also had a moment with the tactical paintball crew. Nothing they really did wrong, just my own idiosyncracies in action, so I won't say any more.

I got it at http://www.xtremez.com/paintball/pro...ck=yes&dept=54

because when I called the Miltec number listed in the recent APG ads, the phone rang at Xtremez. I believe they are the actual importer, they had fast service and carry all the models anyway. http://www.USmilitarygear.com have them also, they're a great seller, IMO.

I use a drill press at work, let me check the bit sizes tonight, I flattened the larger bit for the outside of the tube to countersink it flat.

Doglb,
I don't like the beretta grip frame of the warsensor AT ALL!
Those rails on the side are the worst offense though, they make holstering it a total drag, almost as bad as the overlord I tried. They struck me as pseudotactical and I have yet to EVER see even so much as a pic of one with something mounted on there that someone plays with like that. I wish they'd just LOSE them! They drill holes in between the top and bottom tube for them!

Fortunately, as for the grip if you mill off that little beavertail and make the triggerguard rounded off it's a copy of the 45. The siderails covers the air plate, so you have to make something new to cover if you want to lose the rails. I also didn't like the little metal washer on the cupseals, just more to lose. But mine was pretty dependable. I gave it away when I got the Miltec though,
Rob

Old 03-13-2007, 02:33 AM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

AgentS, your video made a believer of me. That's a nice system you have there.

The piercing of the cartridge on my USP is a paint thanks to the screw in being too small, buried under the barrel and requireing the slip out lever to get the required leverage.

I think I'm going to look at making up a different plug for it that sticks out further than the barrel to make it all easier.
miracle in some small way.........
Railgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:30 AM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Any chance you could mod it with a delta 68 version, Railgun?

They sell them at : http://www.pbn5.com/paintball/paintball.mvc/p=1009465

Then it might not matter that it doesn't extend past the muzzle, especially if you extend the lever by adding on a small piece of metal like a mini-popsicle stick, that might work well.

I thought of modding my Armo zeus with one of these(it's on my table), but I prefer the screw type because I holster and unholster so much in play. There's no sacrificing dependability for speed or efficiency in my book, but I never had any problems with that lever on the PTX.
Just remember the old trick of buying your 12grams in bulk, then you sort them by length and use them longest to shortest. That way at the first sign of a leak you just tighten your lever part of a turn and you know you're good for 30 or so more co2s.

As for me, I just wear two guns! I always wear two pistols because when you're in close contact, even as fast as I can go, the sound of popping out a 12gram is a death warrant. So when I run low on co2, I holster my zeus and draw my TAG8(or P68) and fight my way to where I can hopefully reload both of them. Sometimes it even works
One of my best games of the last few years ended right after I reloaded both my zeus and my P68sc in a building in Hell Survivors' village. I had made what for me was a spectacular move and got behind the other team scoring five quick hits, including two Mercs that were playing that day. I holstered my sheridan and drew my zeus as three Mercenaries came through both doors and a window. I got one but took 'more than a few' hits
One of my (now)friends apologized saying had they known I had a pistol only one of them would have come in on me, of course I notice I don't get that deal any more
So I try to be on their team or the opposite side of the field.
Yup if one is good two is better!

Prien007,
The outer part is a 7/8 that I flattened to make the countersink, the inner is an 18.5mm(bear in mind I found these bits by measuring them up with a 10round tube, smaller bit fits tight inside-larger bit same as the outside diameter of the tube).
The big trick is the spring. The springs in these are much smaller diameter than the tube so they will porpoise out of the loading port(not good!).
I work the springs slowly by hand until they are the diameter of the inside of the tube then they won't come out.
Just to make sure, when I push the mag follower back I cover the port by sliding my fingers along the top rail like this:

Belt and suspenders!

Rob

Last edited by agentSmith; 03-13-2007 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:47 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

Even if I can't use the lever loader you showed it gives me the idea of doing my won screw in lever loader. And the other info helps too. Thanks AS.

Let me get a few other projects out of the way and perhaps my USP mods will be the topic of a new thread here.
miracle in some small way.........
Railgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:40 AM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'll be watching!

Rob

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms