mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 03-06-2007, 01:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Eli
Phat.

Send a message via AIM to Eli

Any USP toters?

I have a PMI USP waiting for me back home and was wondering what your experiences were with them. I know that a lot of people have issues with the quick change and reloading paint. Has anyone here done anything to remedy that situation? I'd love to hear from you guys...

-Eli
Old 03-06-2007, 11:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cobra Paintball Fanatic

Palmers Fan
I play with a USP.
The problems with reloading CO2 and Paint are usually because the person doing the reloading is trying to hold the marker like they would hold a zeus or a PT. Once you get used to reloading it there isn't really any modification needed.

The USP was the first semi pistol that I really felt comfortable with, so its kind of funny to see Mstrtal fumble with reloading it because he's used to a couple of Zeus.

One thing that I might do this season is to shave down the plastic screw on piece at the end of the barrel so that it will accept an AA intimidator. My only concern is if it will conflict with the CO2 changing.
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

one thing i would recommend for any pistol is a holster.

and that's not just a shameless plug for myself and Butch. (but take a look in the Dealers section anyway ) any holster is a good investment for a pistolero.

a holster with an end-cap counts as a barrel plug/blocker at 90% or more of fields, not to mention it keeps it out of the way if you're just using it as a backup marker.

combine that with the fact that a holster, propperly done, just looks damn slick, you've got yourself a winning combo.

Walking_Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fear the Dog!

I've always thought it would be cool to replace the grip frame with their E-grip, I heard its a straight bolt on-then have some fun with it in burst or full auto modes!

My Feedback-http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...oglbs+feedback
doglb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

now *that* sounds like alot of fun !

Walking_Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fear the Dog!

to bad you couldnt add more in the way of rounds doing that, but for a back up when everyone is charging your position, whip that baby out and let them have it!!

My Feedback-http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...oglbs+feedback
doglb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to SpyyMarket1978 Send a message via Yahoo to SpyyMarket1978

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I tried a USP with an older E-Force frame on it. The spring feed couldn't keep up with it on high rates of fire. This was to be expected of course. A heavier spring might be able to do the trick, but then you come across the problem of ball breaks.

It was still fun to shoot though.
SpyyMarket1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to BigOldSkool

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I have one.. next to my Tac8 its one of more favorite pistols.. thats saying alot considering Ive owned a sydarm and a squall. Reloading both 12 grams and paint are finicky yes but for the money spent I can deal with it

The only complaint I had with the gun out of the box was the grips were just cast plastic and uncomfortable. As of right now I have a pair of packmyer wraps and I love it to death.

RIP - Ed "BigDaddy" Roth and "Indian" Larry
Wild Geese - Coney Isand White Fish - ECA
BOS's Feedback!
What Serial Number Is Your Cocker? WTB
ECAP - "Making players dreams other players nightmares"
COUSINS PAINTBALL
BigOldSkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Hi, another USP owner here. So far I've only shot some reballs in the shop with it but I'm looking forward to using it in some tighter games or as a backup this summer.

A local field had a special end of the day Pistol Duel event last year and RussC mentioned that they'll likely do it again a time or two this summer. They were one on one duels lasting two minutes and there were videos of it that were online. If Russ sees this he may still have the link to them.

I'll have to see how the cartridge swapping works out. But I've been thinking about an adapter to let me use one of my pump 3.2 oz bottles on the grip. Not sure if it'll be to the back or if it'll be to the front ala Hawaiian style. But that would eliminate the fumbling with the 12 gm's mid game and let me concentrate on the tube loading..

ScrapIron, is there a link to the loading method you are using? Or could you describe it? I've heard of the letting one ball fall into the body and then use a finger through the opening to ramp the others past it but it's not working very well for me for some reason. I'm thinking seriously of ovalizing the ball opening enough to make it load faster and more smoothly but still be small enough for the gate to keep the balls in place.
miracle in some small way.........
Railgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
Cobra Paintball Fanatic

Palmers Fan
I don't think I've seen any links to a video of the reloading method.
perhaps if the wife isn't bugging me tonight I'll take a quick video clip and post it.
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms