mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

TPX Tru-Feeds and EmDom 6o4 Mag Pouches, Anyone Else Having Issues?

Recently I noticed that occasionally, I will get a mag that shoots only 3-4 out of 7 and then stops feeding. Thanks to the little "shock absorber" on the follower allowing the bolt to push the balls back down, at the very least this hasn't resulted in much chopping, just a lot of dryfiring.

What I found is that the follower itself, not the balls, was jamming up midway through the mag. If you move the follower manually up from the bottom, slowly, as if you were firing one shot at a time, and let go at the middle point, it will stay there.

Now, here's the catch- I don't think this is a mag problem. It appears as if the Emdom 6o4 mag pouches I'm using are simply too snug, and are squeezing the front of the mag shell in enough (and some of the really hot days I've played may have contributed to this, plastic does become more pliable in heat) that it makes the follower drag on it and stop. Now, I can easily insert a metal rod down the mag with the spring locked down, and pry it out a bit to return the mag to working condition, but after some time in the pouches, it appears it continues to happen. I have also ripped out the stitching for the "separator flap" and removed it, which made the fit significantly better but still quite snug.

So besides letting other people know about this potential issue, I was curious if anyone else using this combo has noticed it, AND if anyone else knows of a stacked-type pouch like EmDoms that is loose enough not to put any kind of pressure on the mags? Milsig is the only company I've found with a similar pouch, but I am hoping to find additional options before shelling out another $120 for pouches (I use 4 of the EmDom's to carry 16 mags). Since I run a belt rig, and have no interest in using drop-legs or running a vest, I pretty much NEED a stacked (or STACKABLE, in that they have MOLLE webbing on the front) pouch.

I really like how the mags appear to fit in Full Clip pouches, but sadly they don't offer a stacked-type pouch.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Making moves since '03

Maybe check out the whiskey two four mag pouches? You can order them with molle webbing on the front. I can't speak for the quality on em however, as I just ordered em myself

My Feedback:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...rick_18-a.html
ACI_Maverick_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

I was looking at those, but for the amount of crawling I do, and the NJ Pine Barrens being very sandy by nature... well, sand in mags = bad juju, already found that out the hard way.

Anyway, completely unrelated to this issue, I decided to trade my TPX for some other goodies. I think for the time being I am just going to stick with 10-round tubes rather than mags. At least this time I'm not trading it away in anger like my first TPX, I will solemnly swear that with the exception of the pouch issue, the gun and mags both worked great. I've just really come to prefer my Zeus (and hopefully my Squall now that I've worked a few bugs out, or else that'll be on the block too). Sounds crazy but for once in my paintball "career" I'm taking what works for me and I'm sticking with it.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Function over looks

Send a message via MSN to monty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSPB-Rogue View Post
I was looking at those, but for the amount of crawling I do, and the NJ Pine Barrens being very sandy by nature... well, sand in mags = bad juju, already found that out the hard way.

Anyway, completely unrelated to this issue, I decided to trade my TPX for some other goodies. I think for the time being I am just going to stick with 10-round tubes rather than mags. At least this time I'm not trading it away in anger like my first TPX, I will solemnly swear that with the exception of the pouch issue, the gun and mags both worked great. I've just really come to prefer my Zeus (and hopefully my Squall now that I've worked a few bugs out, or else that'll be on the block too). Sounds crazy but for once in my paintball "career" I'm taking what works for me and I'm sticking with it.
I hear ya. I was thinking of getting a Tib8 because of its looks, but thought twice about it and believe that a modded spring tube is less hassle and cost.

My MCB Feedback
My EBAY Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
With all the drama, whining, superiority complex, and "you can't play here newbie" attitude I wonder if scenario paintball is attempting to take a lesson from tournament paintball on how to decrease interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPB-Mike View Post
I don't particularly have any respect for players using a pump gun.
monty is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms