mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 09-25-2010, 12:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Function over looks

Send a message via MSN to monty

Who runs on constant air?

I really love playing pistol, but it still irks me to have to buy boxes and boxes of 12 grams and to have to coax my old PT no to leak them. I don't like using a remote on a pistol because I feel like im fighting with the hose all the time. So I'm thinking of slapping on a bottom line on my pistol and hanging a 3.5oz vertically off the grip.

I'm curious to hear from any pistol players who've playing using a tank or remote.

Discuss....

My MCB Feedback
My EBAY Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
With all the drama, whining, superiority complex, and "you can't play here newbie" attitude I wonder if scenario paintball is attempting to take a lesson from tournament paintball on how to decrease interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPB-Mike View Post
I don't particularly have any respect for players using a pump gun.
monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Resident Marker Monger

Send a message via Yahoo to hmudd13

I have a USP pistol that uses a dummy 12gr fed by a 3.5oz tank on the asa.

WTB..... SMG clip catcher, SMG internal air line.
WTB .... Oct/88 APG.Got it, Thanks Dan

NO'MAAM #29
My Markers
MCB Feedback
AO Feedback
Ebay Feedback 100%

Quoting WOLLFFY on AO;
I don't recall mentioning trades, especially not for smart Farts. Thanks though.
hmudd13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Pif
12g4L

Kilt Fan
I use a bulk tank on my sydarm sometimes. Its run off of a braided steel remote line right out the back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Tetsu
Velcor is within all of us, you need not go looking for him. He sayeth, "wherever two or more of you are gathered, there shall I be." He is my solid bunker for me to hide behind from the incoming fire of mine enemies, He is the functioning regulator which keepeth my shots consistent, and He is my keen eye guiding my fire towards my hidden enemies. Yea, whosoever shall believeth in Him shall be guided by His right hand towards the flag, and whosoever denieth Him shall reside for all eternity in the Deadbox of Life.
Pif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 04:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

I do (well, I can, and will when I'm out of 12 grams). I use a remote though. My workaround to minimize the awkwardness of the remote was to make a "gas-thru" grip for my Zeus. This way the nipple for the remote sticks out of the bottom of the grip and it doesn't really get in the way when you're using the gun OR when you have it holstered.

I haven't gotten a chance to do a writeup on it, and I don't have any detailed pics, but you can kind of see it in this pic if you look closely:

My biggest beef with a tank + bottomline setup is the fact that it makes it almost impossible to holster the pistol. Now, for a lot of people, if they're running pistol-primary they almost never holster their pistol anyway, so if that applies to you, then no big deal.

I play 99% scenario ball, and have taken to running missions and flipping flags. Sometimes, a prop is too big to try and carry one-handed and I need to holster the gun. Or, I want to try something devious and sneaky, so I holster it in the hope that not having a gun in-hand will make people view me as less of a threat or think that I am not in play. Hell, it worked with my DSG in the huge scabbard on my back, as I dead-man-walked right through the main firefight at the center flag as Dark Ops Extreme 5 and went to run a mission in the other team's backfield.

The other thing that bugs me about is it the balance vs. shots per tank. I use a 9oz. tank so that I can get about 500 rounds (which is a little over two reloads for me, carrying about 210ish rounds on me) out of a tank. While small for being mounted in a pouch on my belt, the 9oz would be way too big and awkward on a pistol, too short to shoulder and too long to not interfere with the balance. a 3.5oz would probably be ok, but then I'd have to carry spares into the field to feel safe about not running out of air and its one more thing to worry about. So that's why I went with the 9oz. and the remote line.
FEEDBACK

Last edited by PistolRogue; 09-25-2010 at 04:44 AM.
PistolRogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Function over looks

Send a message via MSN to monty

Good to know im not the only one planning to do this.

ITSPB-Rogue, please post more pics or a review of your setup when you have a chance.

cjottawa, thanks for the link. I had never thought of playing with silicone, too simple of an idea i guess.

My MCB Feedback
My EBAY Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
With all the drama, whining, superiority complex, and "you can't play here newbie" attitude I wonder if scenario paintball is attempting to take a lesson from tournament paintball on how to decrease interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPB-Mike View Post
I don't particularly have any respect for players using a pump gun.
monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty View Post
I really love playing pistol, but it still irks me to have to buy boxes and boxes of 12 grams and to have to coax my old PT no to leak them. I don't like using a remote on a pistol because I feel like im fighting with the hose all the time. So I'm thinking of slapping on a bottom line on my pistol and hanging a 3.5oz vertically off the grip.

I'm curious to hear from any pistol players who've playing using a tank or remote.

Discuss....
I just replaced the 12g seal on my 'new to me' old PT Extreme. Leaked like a seive when it arrived .... replaced the stock 1/8NPS hex head plug with a proper 1/8NPT flush plug to cure one leak. I replaced the 12g seal with a urethane 'cocker cocking rod bumper (had to try something and couldn't find anything else) to cure the other ... so far it's survived three full 12g dumps and four more I fired off for testing and chrono.
I am planning to replace the flush plug and run it on remote once I decide how to route the line to the bottom.
I have no life, I'm just a dad in constant flux between baby naps and 8yr old tantrums.
Rockfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 04:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
This is Madness!

CCM Fan
I really want to get a remote adapter'd TPX and make a bracket that mounts a 3.5 ounce tank to the underbarrel rails and run a line back into the remote adapter.

That seems ideal for me, maybe even run my 13ci for winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
I love how DMW douches want so badly to justify their douchocity! I remain steadfast in my position of counterdouche douchebaggery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rksabre View Post
It's cool, no one can resist playing with an eightball. They're pretty much the best toy/decision making device/CEO of General Motors, ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRaptor
FEAR NOT, FAIR WOMEN, FOR THOU ART SWAG AS F***!
thisissparta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Crafter of skins

I had planned to run a stroker using the QD off the back, with the line running up my sleeve, to an arm harness (which I had made). However, the tightness required to keep it from shifting on my arm slowly stopped blood flow, causing my arm to get cold, and me to get uncomfortable, especially while playing.

I may revisit the idea again, but not anytime soon.

Current list of people planning on getting a holster for their DRV:
1: Mayvik
2: aldumil
3: Dundadun (special build, no longer DRV)
4: ITSPB-Rogue
5: Crimson Death
6: Big Phil
7: Ironchef97
8: Spinalmath
9:
10:
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
BACK TO WORK !!!

Brass N Wood Fan
pix or a tutorial ?? ive got an old pt-x that id love to play with , but it leaks like no tomorrow around where the 12 gram puncture pin is ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockfrog View Post
I just replaced the 12g seal on my 'new to me' old PT Extreme. Leaked like a seive when it arrived .... replaced the stock 1/8NPS hex head plug with a proper 1/8NPT flush plug to cure one leak. I replaced the 12g seal with a urethane 'cocker cocking rod bumper (had to try something and couldn't find anything else) to cure the other ... so far it's survived three full 12g dumps and four more I fired off for testing and chrono.
I am planning to replace the flush plug and run it on remote once I decide how to route the line to the bottom.

** i maintain 3rd shift hours so if i dont respond right away during the day - ya know why

my feedback :

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=488994
randall ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I'll get on it for ya. Probably be after the weekend though, gotta get ready for the Tippmann Challenge across the pond from me.
I have no life, I'm just a dad in constant flux between baby naps and 8yr old tantrums.
Rockfrog is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms