mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 10-04-2010, 04:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
ton up boy

Do tpx mags fit in colt 45 magazine pouches?

Would tpx mags fit in these:

Varusteleka - US Colt 1911 lipastasku, mustaa nahkaa, käytetty

I have no problem stretching them to fit but if they won´t work even then, I have to look for something else.
I´d just like the classic look, I´m not too keen on modern Molle stuff.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
baader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

It seems to me that they are entirely too thick for formed, leather pouches. The .45 single stack magazines that that pouch is made for will not be nearly wide enough to put the magazines in, im not sure about length.

This is the tenth line of my signature
foughtwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

You have to get them for double-stack mags at the very least, and even then it can be kind of iffy. Every pouch I've tried has been pretty tight, and I had problems with the 7 round mags with Emdom pouches which are designed for double stack mags; they were tight enough to actually bend the front edge of the mag enough to interfere with the operation of the spring follower.

I would imagine that leather would be a little easier to work and stretch out than cordura though, maybe just buy one pouch for a double stack to experiment with first, that way you don't invest too much not knowing if they'll fit or not.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Crafter of skins

Depending on if it is actual leather, or genuine/etc. If it is an actual top grain leather, you should be able to soak it, then form the leather around your mags. You'd have to add a clear coat, but it may be worth messing around with if you can get the pouches cheap enough.

If it's genuine leather,it is the particle board of leathers. It's leather scraps, basically blended, and mixed with a glue filler. Then taken and used. It's a very efficient way to make a fairly water from leather-esque finish that looks decent. All scraps and redone and used. However it lasts maybe a couple years at best. But should be nearly 100% waterproof... and cheap.

Edit: If you decide to stretch them, use warm to hot water. Cover the mags in something that is water proof. Once the pouch has been in the water long enough (bubbling should stop, so 3-6 hours) take out of water, and put into a ziplock. Allow to sit over night.

The next day, take the covered mags, and force them into the slots. Do this slowly, you don't wants to tear anything, or over stretch the wrong spots. Get both mags in. Now if you want this to be hardened, stretch the flap over, and using a hair dryer, sit there and dry it. This may take a couple hours, so find something to do (loud tv works). Once it's dry, take the mags out, and gently dry the inside. Put mags back in, and let it sit for a days or two with a fan on it. Drying leather completely takes a very long time. And if you take the mags out, it will shrink beyond use.

Other option for drying it put mags in, close flap, put fan on it, and leave it for a few days, flipping it over every 1/2 day or so. Be sure it is on paper towel to absorb any drip.

Once that's done, most any leather finisher should be fine. If you need to redye, that's another story altogether.

Good luck! And I wanna see pics.

Current list of people planning on getting a holster for their DRV:
1: Mayvik
2: aldumil
3: Dundadun (special build, no longer DRV)
4: ITSPB-Rogue
5: Crimson Death
6: Big Phil
7: Ironchef97
8: Spinalmath
9:
10:

Last edited by Butch; 10-04-2010 at 09:35 PM.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms