mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Bolt Action/Pistol Player

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjottawa View Post
WarSensor Elite shoulder harness becomes a full stock class rig by holding 100+ rounds and 5+ 12-grams, as well as your sidearm.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/a...ster_elite-jpg
Seconded. I LOVE mine...I use it for my PGP or my TPX, depending on what I'm playing with.

S.C.A.R. - The Simulated Combat Association of Rhode Island - S.C.A.R. on Facebook - My MCB Feedback - Meet "The Devil's Brass"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgorman47 View Post
The devil's brass uses an evil sighting system powered by juju obtained from the deep and ominous laughter from the gun's owner himself.......seriously playing in a game against Born4Evil , and you see him sneaking your way, then BAM and all you hear is something to the effect of "Haha can't get away from the Devil's Brass!" Born4Evil seriously sounds like the devil himself, and its awesome. That gun is hands down the most badass gun in my mind.
Born4Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Crafter of skins

Holsters (imo) are for use as a barrel bag, or not having to carry the marker (flag runs, and other situations apply). Trying to do a quick draw, while it can be done, and looks cool, requires a holster rig designed for it, and they are not cheap.

I was not a fan of a phantom pistol, but that was a long time ago. My favorite pistols are Sydarm, and Squall. Both shot great (for me) and I enjoy them a lot.

I'm biased towards holsters though. If it's not absolutely perfect for you, it's not right.

Current list of people planning on getting a holster for their DRV:
1: Mayvik
2: aldumil
3: Dundadun (special build, no longer DRV)
4: ITSPB-Rogue
5: Crimson Death
6: Big Phil
7: Ironchef97
8: Spinalmath
9:
10:
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

i gotcha. I have a back capless ronin harness that i guess i can just use as a holster to hold my gun while i'm in a staging area or something.

#SOSUNITEDSTATESCONSTITUTION
Scharfschutze91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
I am the beast

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
ive been wanting to buy a t8 for awhile now and put the extended clip on it to be honest, but id put a stock on it and id be set..

but sadly I got too many high end guns, but thats on my list to get next

43+/0/-0

46+/0/-0

currently looking for:
-any cheap or broken guns
-ion parts
-palmers male stab
paintballwizzkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:56 AM   #15 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

As everyone else said, if you're using a pistol as a primary, then a holster's importance is sort of negligible. I really only ever use mine when I'm out and walking back to/around the deadbox/parking lot, or if I'm running a mission that requires carrying a prop or doing something (defusing a fake bomb, completing a puzzle, whatever) that requires two hands. Or, naturally, pulling a dead-man walk. You'd be amazed how many people will completely ignore someone with a holstered pistol and nothing in their hands. Hell, I did an epic dead-man to complete a mission once, right through the middle of the majority of the other team's forces, with my massive DSG strapped to my back.

If you're accustomed to the phantom, I would actually advise against just converting it to a pistol because I don't think you'll find it all that much different of an experience. It will just be pump play with a shorter barrel, essentially.

The SA17 is a pretty good one if you want something new and still factory supported. just make sure you get one that already has the updated pierce assembly (pure white seal, not transparent/translucent). Its cheap, uses 10 round tubes, and is very efficient and accurate. I don't think its the perfect primary pistol, not by a long shot, but its definitely useable, and with some mods could probably get very close to being perfect.

Or if you want to save a few bucks even from that, you can never go wrong with a Zeus or one of the various copies. It uses phantom pierce pins, so at least one cross-compatible part with your phantom. Do the AgentSmith "top loading port" mod and it becomes almost as fast as reloading a T8.

While I really like the feel and reliability of the T8's, they're just not practical, IMO, for heavy use as a primary. They're ok for recball games I guess but I play scenario, and find it too hard to carry enough paint without either weighing the hell out of myself with expensive mags, OR having to constantly be reloading mags with paint on the field. Then there are the inherent issues with mags being open to the atmosphere and not sealed, making the paint inside vulnerable to high humidity or rain. I've relayed my horror stories about those situations with both the T8 and TPX ad-nauseum on this forum. I just feel 10 rounds tubes are the most reliable way to go. Sealed, cheap, lightweight, easy to find gear to carry them with.

Of course, if you're looking at a T8.1 to be able to use FS rounds in a semi-automatic fashion, well, throw everything I just said out the window, as its the only game in town really.

PS- I also have a Warsensor Elite Shoulder Holster for sale in the BST's currently. Just wasn't my style as I prefer a hip holster. PM me if you're interested.
FEEDBACK

Last edited by PistolRogue; 11-25-2010 at 01:31 AM.
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:12 AM   #16 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

Thank you for all the info Rogue! i greatly appreciate it!

#SOSUNITEDSTATESCONSTITUTION
Scharfschutze91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:36 AM   #17 (permalink)
Limited Paint Play Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSPB-Rogue View Post
The SA17 is a pretty good one if you want something new and still factory supported. just make sure you get one that already has the updated pierce assembly (pure white seal, not transparent/translucent). Its cheap, uses 10 round tubes, and is very efficient and accurate. I don't think its the perfect primary pistol, not by a long shot, but its definitely useable, and with some mods could probably get very close to being perfect.
The crazy SA-17 deal running this weekend on a few sites doesn't hurt it's cause either. Free $99 E-Vents or $69 HaloToo with purchase of any BT/Invert marker. Depending on how you look at it/justify it... You get a new pistol for $30.
Tertiary: 2k2 Blue Shoebox Shocker / 16" .689 CP / 88-4500 Classic Maxflow / BluApache
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.
VooDooAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:59 AM   #18 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

I'll tell you what, considering used Zeus' still go for $80-100, the SA17's a pretty damn good deal to start off with. Best efficiency out of the box of any non-nelson 12g powered gun I've used.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms