mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 11-25-2010, 02:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Handgoon

Brass N Wood Fan
2 vs 1

Hey all, I asked this question over on the Tiberius Forums, but I was curious what you all thought about it.

Basically I wanna know which you think is better for Primary Pistol Players...1 Pistol (single wield) or 2 Pistols (dual wield)?

MY FEEDBACK
skullcandy1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 02:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
While I am hardly a devotee of pistol play, I have used two pistols on occasion before and noted several advantages and disadvantages. It is great because you can keep one holstered for when you need to reload or, if you want some extra firepower, shoot akimbo.

The drawback for me was that it was a little bulky and harder to reload if you had both drawn. However, I was using two Ariakon ACP 2.0s with two spare magazines, so I certainly could have cut the weight/bulk down, especially with newer pistols. I also really dislike thigh holster rigs and I had one on each leg.

I would personally run two pistols if I was ever to go into anything other than a small rec game. I would think that with the newer mag fed designs with quicker reloading and still throw out a serious amount of paint with a single pistol. That being said, I am sure AgentSmith will see the pistol signal in the sky and come running to this thread and give some solid information based on true pistol experience.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Dual carry is a great idea. Dual WIELDING? Not necessarily. Pistols have always tended to be a bit finicky. Its the nature of things like 12g's and springfeeds, so having a backup to draw in case you have a problem can be a game saver. I've never really seen any reason to run around John Woo style with a gun blazing in each hand though. Unless you can point each eye in a separate direction to target two different opponents, but I know I can't lol..
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 03:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Pif
12g4L

Kilt Fan
I picked up 2 sydarms, so I could try running both at the same time. Never happened. 1 was always down, and now I'm getting rid of the other. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Tetsu
Velcor is within all of us, you need not go looking for him. He sayeth, "wherever two or more of you are gathered, there shall I be." He is my solid bunker for me to hide behind from the incoming fire of mine enemies, He is the functioning regulator which keepeth my shots consistent, and He is my keen eye guiding my fire towards my hidden enemies. Yea, whosoever shall believeth in Him shall be guided by His right hand towards the flag, and whosoever denieth Him shall reside for all eternity in the Deadbox of Life.
Pif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crafter of skins

Personally having 2 is more annoying than anything imo.

As stated, it allows having a backup. A good idea, but really shouldn't need a backup if your primary pistol works properly. Also allows you to having one out, use up the rounds, and switch pistols versus reloading (depending on mag design may be quicker). Akimbo works, but more so as a use one, then the other style shooting, plus reloading is a pain, and aside from looking like a movie, not the greatest thing.

Down side is obvious weight, reloading 2 instead of 1 is annoying and time consuming, more tech work, plus, having to own and maintain a second pistol. This can be very costly.

Plus, if you get 2, you'll need a second holster of course....Wait, on second thought, get 2. :P

Current list of people planning on getting a holster for their DRV:
1: Mayvik
2: aldumil
3: Dundadun (special build, no longer DRV)
4: ITSPB-Rogue
5: Crimson Death
6: Big Phil
7: Ironchef97
8: Spinalmath
9:
10:
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post all the things!

Send a message via AIM to tencent

CCM Fan
Ive been playing a bit with 1 TPX and for scenario use, it would be really nice to have a 2nd pistol because the additional fire power would be very useful when it comes to bunker to bunker fighting against electros.

Carrying two also gives you the option to dual wield when its necessary. Not to mention you look awesome so if getting photos taken of you for magazines is your goal, its not a bad choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbthebenji View Post
I'll be munching on this box for months!
tencent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Twins... they compliment each other skillfully and cosmetically...
MIDNIGHTANGELZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Handgoon

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDNIGHTANGELZ View Post
Twins... they compliment each other skillfully and cosmetically...
ya midnight, we all know you love the dualies

MY FEEDBACK
Old 12-06-2010, 12:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
The Mad Russian

Brass N Wood Fan
With the exception of people like Midnight, duelies are for pics and not practical at all on the field.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Handgoon

Brass N Wood Fan
ahem...i have run duals multiple times and i have always done very well, not quite as well as midnight, but still pretty well.

MY FEEDBACK

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms