mcarterbrown.com

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 11-28-2010, 03:37 AM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to zenmic Send a message via MSN to zenmic Send a message via Yahoo to zenmic

I carry a Tac8 as a sidearm. In scenarios I have used it numerous time when my main gun went down, either due to an empty air tank, broken ball in the breech, etc. I have also use it in transition when I have to get close and sneaky.
zenmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I've actually used my Delta68 as a sidearm once ... sorta.
At the Tippy challenge this year here, we had tanks, and thus special anti-tank color paint.
Rather than keep dumping my hopper each time me and the beast had a confrontation ... I loaded the Delta68 with AT paint and that solved that issue. Worked good enough for two comfirmed kills.
I have no life, I'm just a dad in constant flux between baby naps and 8yr old tantrums.
Rockfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
...Not sure what that was

I carried a Zeus G2 as a sidearm, twice. First time, no problems! Second time, i made a ballsy run up the tape line, got shot out. On the way back, i looked down on the ground, and was like..."What the hell, someone left a Zeus G2 just sitting here on the ground...."

Came flying out of the holster while running, after that, i carry my "sidearms" as a primary...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ieo View Post
I don't need it in my hands....the picture is right there. Cool thing about pictures: they give you an accurate representation of what something will look like. They've been doing it since 1822, or so I'm told.
Feedback
Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

With an X7 on the way, I plan on carrying my T8 more often now; especially until i'm used to the cyclone feed and e-trigger.

I always carry it playing long woodsball games now too though, I frequently use a backbottle automag with one of those Sportshot 100rnd hoppers; it's small, light and is usually all I need. Early this year there were a few games where we'd get into massive firefights around clearings or defensable hills; as much as i'm an 'accuracy, not volume' type player, sometimes you just don't have time to reload.

Plus it's awesome having the pistol in your left hand after sucessfully stealing a flag and covering the flagrunner.

Walking_Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
Basically always. I get smited by Velcor enough that I learned to always have 2 guns on me.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:41 PM   #16 (permalink)

I carry a nightmare LB comp as a sidearm... does that count? Oh and I have a TPX too. Both got pulled yesterday during the games at the field I play at. A stock snapping took out my A-5 in a very final way and I had to go to another gun mid-game.
DeeEight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

I play pump main and I use the pistol as a backup like if I'm getting rushed or if I need to take a castle . So I use it for close quarters mainly tho as of yet I havnt found a pistol I'm totally happy with.
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
ex-cyborg

Send a message via Yahoo to melkson

Brass N Wood Fan
my local field allows you to pull a sidearm if your primary gets hit, so I allways try to pack a t8. I might draw it once per day, but there have been a few times It's all I had to finish the game with.
melkson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:14 PM   #19 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Thats a pretty kool rule -I played primary Spyder/a4000 scepter grenade launcher (remote) with my T8 as a side then one day I unstrapped the velcro dropped the gun and line... Pulled out the T8 - RAN- and never turned back
MIDNIGHTANGELZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 02:48 PM   #20 (permalink)

I play woods ball, 5 or 10 minute games and try to carry a sidearm whenever I can - simple reason, I shoot a shocker NXT and the thing will stop firing for no reason at all at least once a day, I also have no luck with hoppers and can rely on my loader to go down at least once a day as well, have carried and resorted to a DSDS, splatmaster and goblin solo in the past. (waiting on a seals kit for my pgp, then that'll probably be my go to side arm with the solo as the back-up to that).

As for what I do with the shocker - leave it where it breaks, it's an honest lot I play with (that and most of them have better guns anyway)
Cannon Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms