mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 12-04-2010, 03:06 PM   #21 (permalink)
Autocannibal

AKA Fan
I use 2 T8s as sidearms when I use 2 other T8s as primaries. The general bad assery more than compensates for only carrying 38 balls on the field.

Feedback
tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:53 PM   #22 (permalink)
Limited Paint Play Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder View Post
I play woods ball, 5 or 10 minute games and try to carry a sidearm whenever I can - simple reason, I shoot a shocker NXT and the thing will stop firing for no reason at all at least once a day, I also have no luck with hoppers and can rely on my loader to go down at least once a day as well, have carried and resorted to a DSDS, splatmaster and goblin solo in the past. (waiting on a seals kit for my pgp, then that'll probably be my go to side arm with the solo as the back-up to that).

As for what I do with the shocker - leave it where it breaks, it's an honest lot I play with (that and most of them have better guns anyway)
Silly OT question. Why keep fighting with the NXT? I know that the value of it in trade/used sale isn't high because of SP's reputation ... but you should be able to get something more reliable. Why not just start playing pistol primary?
Tertiary: 2k2 Blue Shoebox Shocker / 16" .689 CP / 88-4500 Classic Maxflow / BluApache
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.
VooDooAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:14 PM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Fubarius Send a message via Yahoo to Fubarius

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I managed to convince a local game to allow me to use a Nerf with the fins turned around shoved down the barrel of a gun as an RPG for taking out tanks.

You only get about 30 feet of range since you're basically shooting out a barrel plug. Since I had no easy way of turning off the paint on my primary that day (my Viking) and it didn't work all that well in a ported barrel, I shoved it down the barrel of my PGP and carried that in a holster all day.

It must have been quite the sight. The tank shows up and everyone runs away from it, except me who's running towards it trying to get in range. I had to leave me Viking behind a bunker too. It almost worked too. Misjudged the distance and overcompensated. Shot the darn thing OVER the tank. After that all I could do is call myself out so I wouldn't get lit up. Did prove to be a bit of a distraction, gave another player with a MKX to get into position and take out the darn thing.

Nunquam emere potes facere
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:48 AM   #24 (permalink)

I was gonna say, that looks like its shoved into the barrel of a tigershark or stingray. As to convincing on its use... claim its a "rifle-launched anti-tank grenade". Some countries still use them instead of dedicated under-mount grenade launchers.
DeeEight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:54 AM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Fubarius Send a message via Yahoo to Fubarius

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeEight View Post
I was gonna say, that looks like its shoved into the barrel of a tigershark or stingray. As to convincing on its use... claim its a "rifle-launched anti-tank grenade". Some countries still use them instead of dedicated under-mount grenade launchers.
Good eye. When I took the picture my PGP was stored away but I happened to have a tigershark barrel handy.

Nunquam emere potes facere
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:49 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooAddict View Post
Silly OT question. Why keep fighting with the NXT? I know that the value of it in trade/used sale isn't high because of SP's reputation ... but you should be able to get something more reliable. Why not just start playing pistol primary?
Because the rest of the time I love the NXT, I know they have a lot of haters but it shoots really straight and fast the rest of the time. I generally borrow my guns from my brother and he has over 60 of them so their is lots of other choices but I kind of settled on the NXT as a favourite.

Pistol primary? - we're normally about ten aside with a high standard of play (well apart from me) and the field is crawling with ego 10's, geo's, creeds SL's that kind of thing - I'm not going to risk going out there with a pistol, done it a couple of times open class pump (queue flaming from the pistol wielding fans, if you can get to Yorkshire, England first Sunday of any month give it a go).
Cannon Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:59 PM   #27 (permalink)
tea, a cause and effect

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
i will be useing my tib8.1 as a sidearm in big games ect as ill be pumping most of the time lol+ my 8.1 will be an fs gun in that situation
So long as its under 18 and over 8 I dont care what it is really...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef97 View Post
Oh boy...I love wood!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
well - just like my sex life, I have taken matters into my own hands:
chadders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:15 PM   #28 (permalink)
Limited Paint Play Zealot

Quote:
Because the rest of the time I love the NXT, I know they have a lot of haters but it shoots really straight and fast the rest of the time. I generally borrow my guns from my brother and he has over 60 of them so their is lots of other choices but I kind of settled on the NXT as a favourite.
No hate on the NXT in general from me... more specifically one that goes down all the time

Quote:
Pistol primary? - we're normally about ten aside with a high standard of play (well apart from me) and the field is crawling with ego 10's, geo's, creeds SL's that kind of thing - I'm not going to risk going out there with a pistol, done it a couple of times open class pump (queue flaming from the pistol wielding fans, if you can get to Yorkshire, England first Sunday of any month give it a go).
Nothing wrong with open class pumps (CCM ftw)... I just find that I personally play better with pistols. With a shocker in hand my first thought is "I should find a target to shoot." With a 8 shot pistol my first thought is "where can I move."

Anyway back on topic ... It's cool that sidearms actually help you out.
Tertiary: 2k2 Blue Shoebox Shocker / 16" .689 CP / 88-4500 Classic Maxflow / BluApache
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.
VooDooAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:09 AM   #29 (permalink)
ton up boy

Our big games have anti-tank rule with different coloured balls, that you get 10.
And you have to shoot them from a second marker. So Ive always run a pgp, tpx or similar on those games.

Next time it will be an LCD angel with springfeed and 13ci tank, with a sling. A high-end electro will outshoot any of those short markers, and with 10 ball you need to hit what you aim at.

I like playing pistol primary but then I tend to get closer to the opponent.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
baader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:35 AM   #30 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via MSN to grande

Quote:
Originally Posted by baader
I like playing pistol primary but then I tend to get closer to the opponent.

There he is, weilding his trusty PGP

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms