mcarterbrown.com

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:42 AM   #311 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
I remember you wanting to hook up the second mag, but didn't realize you had Agentsmith.
How do you have it plumbed into the gun? Through the rear air?

Also, I really like your field box. I'd probably need two, one for the semi pistols and one for the sc guns, but it would lesson the trunk load and make me put more prep time in when I wasn't already at the field.

Have you tried a large dump pouch in front of your junk? I use the kind that are designed to be rolled up even though I always keep it open. If it's large enough, your thighs will not let it smack your junk and it distributes the weight of a bunch of mags well. Also it way better than a cup.
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #312 (permalink)
MCB Member

Crimson if you want something that looks like a revolver, I've got a design that would look good on you...

Make a hollow cylinder like this grease fitting has:

Drill 6 50cal chambers in the flat side(bottom right), threaded at the back. Into the threads(inside the cylinder) you screw a short tube containing a small spring loaded sheridan style bolt.
The round half of the cylinder(top right) should have adjustable spring loaded firing pins matching the chambers when the cylinder is assembled.

The cylinder would be gassed from the front under the loading lever.

Loading lever? yes, because the cylinder the way I have it measured would be made into a pistol by mounting it on a Colt 1st Model Dragoon frame... change the turn to match 6 50s and you're done except the barrel which has it's own method.

Manning,
One of the things that originally led me to TaiChi was dealing with the flaming case of ADD combined I have. I'm good to go until lack of sleep and overwork beat down my defenses. Once upon a time I would shut down completely, now I can continue to deal after a fashion but only by dropping a thing at a time as the lights get dimmer.
It's funny, everybody prizes intelligence. It can be a weapon turned against it's owner sometimes...
The demands on me have lessened and I'm slowly turning lights back on one room at a time.

Dundadun,
I got a sweet aluminum blank, took it to a machinist and clearly explained what I wanted. I returned to find he'd taken it down so far I had no way to mount it.
I fixed it to the pistol, literally with hose clamps for testing and training.
Now I've got another blank and noone to machine it.
The piping goes in to the front where the banjo went in the pierce block.

Between Plano and MTM there's a box for ya!
I'm getting a sportsmen's utility case Handgun cases and pocket pistol case by MTM Gun for pistol storage. With egg crate foam added to the bottom section it should hold 6 TiPXs

I have tried the junk pouch, but moving it off to one side allows me to anchor the bottom against my leg. That's why I prefer the USMC style dump pouch, loops and molle all over it make it easy to anchor.
In addition there's the nature of HS, it's been there 29 years now, alot of the cover is natural cover, blowdowns and such, so prone is crucial as is the low crawl.

In a true miracle of occlusion I once eliminated 6 players behind this bunker here:

Total height from ground to peak 11inches, width at ground level 18inches.

I can't give up those moments.

I'm big on wearing a cup. Bike makes one that has soft rubber sides and a hard strip down the middle that's comfy once I threw the hard plastic part in the trash.
One of the guy's on the Ford Motor Club team when I first started was 4'6". He shot somebody in the junk pretty much every game...

It's funny there's a big ford paintball club that's still going after all these years and I've never met a single member in the 15 years I've worked there. I guess playing is not part of their deal!

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #313 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I'd be more interested in it looking like revolver and not actually having a cylinder that holds paint.

Dual 12 gram in the grip with either single or double action and make it look like this:
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #314 (permalink)
Twin-Gun Terror

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Looking good!
I know it's a couple of pages back but I'm really curious as to how you guys work with the training knives in a paintball game over there. Do you ever have problems with people getting a bit "edgy" if you approach them?

I've been doing martial arts for years, and have got quite a few rubber training knives (did a couple of courses with the Police and an Isreali knife trainer) but have never taken them to an event solely due to the attitude "If you come anywhere near me with that, I'll chin you and kick you off the field" over here (apparantly people can use Milsim style markers, but fake knives are "indistinguishable" )

Is it something that you can only do if it's cleared by the event staff there?
Wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #315 (permalink)
all work

I've only played at one commercial field that allows training knives. The staff has to look it over first and approve it, the rest is common sense. They do come in handy, a poke with a rubber stick is much more friendly than a barrel tag or point blank IMO.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:06 PM   #316 (permalink)
MCB Member

They were eventually officially banned at Hell Survivors. Now it's a gentleman's agreement sort of thing. If Weltman found himself behind me, he'd give me a smile, safe in the knowledge that i'd take it like a man. I wouldn't smile up a stranger, but someone I knew or in a game where the word was out that they'd be present? I'd go for it, though I always mark the mask and not the throat. For us they were just what they would be in real life, a silent weapon for someone you have the complete drop on from behind.
I always called it smiling as lipstick on adhesive felt was the best marking agent by far.

Rob

Old 12-13-2012, 02:12 AM   #317 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

I can see why most fields frown upon it but I don't have a problem with it so long as people aren't idiots about it. There is a guy around here who is WELL known for his rubber-knifing shennanigans lol... I'd also much prefer someone tagging (note- TAGGING, not beating) me with a rubber knife or NERF sword than jamming the barrel of a hair-trigger electro in my back.

Smith, the longer this thread goes on the more I chuckle about the title...
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #318 (permalink)
Twin-Gun Terror

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
I'd also much prefer someone tagging (note- TAGGING, not beating) me with a rubber knife or NERF sword than jamming the barrel of a hair-trigger electro in my back.
That happened to a friend of mine, guy stuck a barrel in his back with his finger resting on the trigger (think it was an Ion) - ending up plugging 7 rounds into his back point blank, he'd fired one, panicked at his mistake and let loose.
It wasn't really funny, but I couldn't help myself but laugh at him after I nailed his assailant... never heard such language in my life!
Wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:13 PM   #319 (permalink)
MCB Member

I've been Dick Cheneyed a few times point blank by my own players but never been hit in a surrender.
Forgive me if this is braggy, but I have never been surrendered. I have never been knifed. I've been shot all over, nerfed, nuked and had the flag hung on me but no player has ever had my surrender or my scalp. I'm certainly not saying it couldn't happen, only that it hasn't so far.
At Hell Survivors War Game, we have the spin factor. You have every right to call for a surender and the victim has every right to say no thanks and spin on you. Overall this rule, while it discourages surrender is more possible to ref and avoids whiny he said, he said arguments on the field.
For me the knife is a symbol of a gentlemen's game among sportsmanlike friends.

Quote:
This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster; an elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

I only said final.. not short! Still plenty on the list to go!

Rob

Old 12-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #320 (permalink)

Never got chance to comment on your barrel tagger dagger Wolfman, was very nicely made!
biteweasel is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms