mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #321 (permalink)
Bestial Bowman

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by biteweasel View Post
Never got chance to comment on your barrel tagger dagger Wolfman, was very nicely made!
Cheers man! Sadly it's been consigned to my bits box now...

STRIDERS Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6m9S2HYH7A-YVZzoq9QkBw
STRIDERS on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stride...98060457001863

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcheb View Post
Despite their proximity, the Wolfman from Leeds is not related to any werewolf in London, but he is first cousins with the Northern Mi dogman.
Wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:12 PM   #322 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
I'd be more interested in it looking like revolver and not actually having a cylinder that holds paint.

Dual 12 gram in the grip with either single or double action and make it look like this:
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/...wesson-ppc.jpg
You know me crimson, if it's not a TiPX(part of the attraction for me is the off the shelfness of it, I will pierce over 900 12grams next year-I wear guns out), then it's going to be this:

With the TiPX valve in the body, tippmann reg removed and palmer 12gram/regulator in the grip.

I was thinking about it today at work and I've found the material for the final product on the co2 magwell.
Birdseye curly maple.
I'm going to take one of the coyote brown pistols and make a wider barrel block out of maple and match it to a wooden magwell. A little steampunk never hurt anybody.
I have a little ole piece of super grade Birdseye maple. It happens to be 71" by 30" by 3 1/2". I played under the tree it came from as a toddler so it has sentimental value... What a giant huge tree that was. To give you some idea, my piece was one of 14 identical boards.

The magwell option is going to be a big game option mostly, I doubt I'd bother with it any other time. 12grams FTW!

Hey! There's its name! Big Game Special! I'll get carving!

Rob

Last edited by agentSmith; 12-15-2012 at 06:17 AM.
agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:31 AM   #323 (permalink)
It's All In The Reflexes.

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
You know me crimson, if it's not a TiPX(part of the attraction for me is the off the shelfness of it, I will pierce over 900 12grams next year-I wear guns out), then it's going to be this:

http://crimsonsguns.tripod.com/firefly_mal_04_sm.jpg

With the TiPX valve in the body, tippmann reg removed and palmer 12gram/regulator in the grip.

I was thinking about it today at work and I've found the material for the final product on the co2 magwell.
Birdseye curly maple.
I'm going to take one of the coyote brown pistols and make a wider barrel block out of maple and match it to a wooden magwell. A little steampunk never hurt anybody.
I have a little ole piece of super grade Birdseye maple. It happens to be 71" by 30" by 3 1/2". I played under the tree it came from as a toddler so it has sentimental value... What a giant huge tree that was. To give you some idea, my piece was one of 14 identical boards.

The magwell option is going to be a big game option mostly, I doubt I'd bother with it any other time. 12grams FTW!

Hey! There's its name! Big Game Special! I'll get carving!

Rob
That image isn't showing up, but I think it's supposed to be Mal's gun from Firefly. Which I'd be down for too lol.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:34 PM   #324 (permalink)
Post Whore

My pants and camera have shipped out of Hong Kong!

I've figured out a way to salvage the aluminum block I had worked on, so I'll have a battleready kit in a week or so. The 10rd mag knocked on my door as well, asking to be let in. If I switch to those for the racegun I'll change the Merc kit to MP7 mag holders to accomodate the length most likely, 2 layers of these 9 wide on the back of the belt would give me 180 rounds.

It's funny how the tao pushes you around, right where you need to be.
For all but Merc Werk, I'll be using a pretty standard for me, 24 7shot mag setup, paired standard TiPXs.
It's likely I know that the racegun is a dead end. I'm doing it mostly for the fun of putting it together. It'll be a hoot for a while but the balanced pair is the way to go. It'll be good for speedball, where they only let me use one pistol.

Too much is as wrong as too little. That may be hard to understand for some, but believe me it is true. As Dirk Gently would say, "further proof of the interconnectedness of all things".

Just found my wintertime budget may take a serious hit, going to Westminster is worth it! Hooah!

Rob

Old 12-19-2012, 03:12 PM   #325 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
The 10rd mag knocked on my door as well, asking to be let in.
Pardon?
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:08 PM   #326 (permalink)
Handgoon

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Pardon?
seconded

MY FEEDBACK
skullcandy1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:10 PM   #327 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
seconded
and 3rd'ed...
so I should hold onto my TPX for a bit longer you say?
was considering letting her go back into the wild and sticking with my T8.
10rd mags have me interested again.

MCB FEEDBACK

Facebook Page
4G010H3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:13 AM   #328 (permalink)
Post Whore

I've known how to do this forever but it's a hideously inefficient method for a result of questionable worth. It is my opinion that unless you're charging groups of dozens or more at a game with hundreds or more, 10 shot mags are a bad idea long term.
The height of the marker matters.
The size of the marker matters.
The height of a 10shot TiPX is no less than a regular qloaded marker, therefore a regular marker is a more logical choice from the point of the team. There are real benefits to the smallness of a pistol, that make it a better choice.
Magazine capacity is important to the weapon only if magazines take a long time to change.
However there are special cases where other factors intervene. In a big game, the amount of mags you can carry or the number of changes in a speedball game with it's turf and HUGE bunkers make the size penalty worth it.
I wouldn't want people to take me as generally approving of kit that I consider special purpose tools.
Learn to use 2 regular TiPXs. In a 70 on 70, 15 min open play game(any mode/any ROF), I shot 37 people. I'm a big old guy with bad knees. You've got plenty of gun already to do any job you want to do. To improve as a pistol player one must improve one's self, not one's gun.
More firepower has always been available, if it were the answer people like me wouldn't exist. I'm not trying to 'handicap' myself by choosing pistols and my results indicate that I have NOT handicapped myself. If I needed more gun to succeed I would have it, instead I've found too much gun a handicap to be avoided.

Since we are discussing it here, i reserve the right to editorialize...

Forget the way the magazine halves are attached and look freshly. When they switched from the 8rd staggered to the 7rd trufeed they made them the same size by introducing a deadspace down the center. This dead space is the key.
A delrin block the right size embedded in this deadspace will let you screw in from the outside. In this way, staggering the side cuts to improve strength you can insert an extra section the right size in the middle, essentially making 2 7rd mags into 1 10rd mag.
I didn't like the idea of the exposed slot sticking out the bottom and so never made one. Recently I suggested a magwell extension to Stanchy and had the thought yesterday that I could make one that extended to cover the 10rd. Easy to anchor.

Rob

Old 12-20-2012, 10:29 AM   #329 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Oh you clever bastard, I see it now... Supremely annoyed that never occurred to me before!
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #330 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
I always love your posts Rob. I imagine you sitting alone in a zen temple, meditating on something paintball related with incense smoke hanging in the air, until you reach each new level of enlightenment.
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms