mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:59 PM   #341 (permalink)

Been looking everywhere for a camera like that!!!!!!

Were did you get it,
Have you got a link

super trowel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #342 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
I think he built it...
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #343 (permalink)

Really :O

super trowel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #344 (permalink)
MCB Member

Negative! Though I will end up rebuilding it almost from scratch before I get it right, EBairsoft has stopped shipping them.
It's the Emerson HL1-A helmet light.

Rob

Last edited by agentSmith; 01-11-2013 at 01:15 AM.
agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #345 (permalink)
MCB Member

I got back to that camera and I see part of the trouble people are having already. All the US CR123A batteries are 3V, this calls for CR123A in 3.6-4V.
Amazon has a 4pack of 3.7s with a charger on the way.

As I meditated on the games I played the 29th, especially before the santa game in regular gear, the Final AgentSmith snapped sharply into focus.
Clear in his particulars from head to toe and each part fitting smoothly into a whole that will let me get away with anything I'm capable of getting away with.

By the time Hell Survivors opens in the spring, I'll be wearing what will be my paintball clothes and gear for the rest of my career.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm a fun loving guy and I'll have pieces to add and take away that will let me go from Santa to Santa Anna. When I'm playing serious paintball though, the rig will be fixed.
I think that's necessary to development. You can't pay full attention to your play, if you're constantly learning new gear. This setup, so similar to what I already have run so long, with much more capacity in terms of pockets on pants and jersey is the way to go for me.

Here I am:

Head-Sparkling Earth makes the best headwraps, hands down. Simple, well made, with a terrycloth forehead band. I have 2 of the Desert Skull Caps, which have a drape to cover your neck and ears, they are awesome. My new Jersey has a strip of loop tape on the back of the collar, I'm adding a patch of hook to tether the bottom of the drape to it loosely.
Vforce Vantage Field mask. No more foam for me as long as I can get a polyseal mask, I like them. Adding my vents predator throatguard and a goggleskin.

Jersey- This has been a sticking point for me, as both teams I play for have jerseys. In the case of the GLR, they rep our sponsors and in the case of the Mercs they mark us as the Hell Survivors Home Team and NPCs at the game. If I'm going to claim to be a member of these teams I want to rep them on the field as I play.
To do that I'm given good looking, responsible to the sponsor, useless, stupid shirts.
This item of my gear is too important to waste. The Merc jersey showed me the way, they prefer them sleeveless.
I've tried alot of combat shirts and love them, but they're so thin in the torso that you get torn up moving through brush.
So sleeveless jerseys over a combat shirt.
I've chosen the Propper Tac U combat shirt. Propper's sizing is old hat to me and the 4 arm pockets look useful. The shirt's in the mail.

Gloves- Duluth Trading Carpenter's gloves. Heaven for your hands.

Belt Rig- UTG 2" belt, 3 6o4 mag pouches(exterior elastic removed), 2 homemade holsters, 2 homemade 5co2 holders and retractor with decoder ring.

Pants- Denim Eotac discreet operator's pants. Small modifications, removing the velcro closure from the big rear back pockets, putting much larger velcro into the small rear pockets and sewing the front pockets shorter so they don't interfere with the zip thigh pockets.

Knees- Arc'teryx Knee Caps. I was able to check a pair of these out, awesome! They do a fair job of protecting the upper shin too. These are simply kydex bonded to foam, so if they're not quite a perfect design, I can custom form my own from the lessons learned.

Feet- Belleville Mini-Mil boots.

That's it. Except the 2 TiPXs and the anywhere from 14-30 mags this rig can handle easily without a hitch.

All done, see how easy that was????

Rob

Old 01-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #346 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
How does the throat guard work for you? I was in the snake a couple years ago (I have no business being there) and was behind a smaller guy. He jumped out of the way just in time for me to see the ball that smoked me in the Adam's apple. The guy that shot me was about 10 yards away and it had me choking and coughing. I'd like to avoid that from ever happening again...
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:24 PM   #347 (permalink)
MCB Member

It's a non-optional part of my safety gear, Manning. A pistol player doesn't have that big trombone out there to block all the hits, as you saw.
The one I use is from the Vents Predator, I believe regular Vents had them too. I can say without the slightest remorse that I paid $30 for a set of predators in 1996 and took the throatguard and threw the rest of the mask in the trash.
The neckwrap throatguards are awful, the roningear one is the best if it comes to that.

The predator guard is stellar, it gives great coverage from the front, uphill or down. When shooting crossbody, it blocks up tight as well:

Alpha434 might have them, but I would send my buddy Manning one!

Rob

Old 01-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #348 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
I might need to look for some throat guards like that. The regular neck protectors get too hot.

Would those knee pads you mentioned be good on bare skin?(kilted?)
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:11 AM   #349 (permalink)
MCB Member

The beards are definitely worth their weight in gold.

The knee caps are foam inside, I personally wouldn't. One of the reviews I read mentioned them being a little uncomfortable against skin.
An adhesive backed sheet of felt would fix them up for kiltation I suspect.
Oddly enough, it's said they fit in most kneepad pants pockets too.

Rob

Old 01-25-2013, 09:54 PM   #350 (permalink)
MCB Member

I went to Warzone and hung out with my buddies, I was too thrashed from work to play, as they were only using the outside fields.
It seems a nice place, I'll be going back. Some interesting Hell Survivor bits to pass along!

Sad times for AgentSmith right now. We lost our 7 year old french bulldog, Vinnie.
He was my wife's constant buddy, companion to us both and the Captain of the Guard. We always have 5 or 6 dogs and he never let anybody get too rambunctious near his momma.
In a life full of dogs, he was one in a million.

From here:

To here:

To his last day, he was a good friend and a great dog. It was an honor I'll always treasure.

My other guys are costing me money of course. I'm having to skip tomorrow's HS game because I'm scraping every penny for our trip to New York. Several dog's we've bred and owned have shown at the Westminster dog show, but this is the first time I will be present to see it. The superbowl of dog shows.
I was a bird dog guy and my wife was a show dog gal, for 20 years now we've been competing, trialing, showing and loving our dogs.

We've been lucky in the main, our troubles are always more dog people than dogs. We've owned some great ones like my Leia(first show champion to win one of her breed's field trial dog of the year awards):

Oliver and Adele are good up and coming young pointers. I'll have to get a pic of our new pointer boy Decker, he's so perfect he looks fake.

Rob

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms