mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:04 PM   #361 (permalink)
Bestial Bowman

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Ooooh, I'm intrigued! Good luck with the new pistols! (And 'grats on the dog show )
Wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:09 AM   #362 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
You know I'm down for any custom work if its available! I'm interested in what you guys come up with. Let me know if I can contribute in any way, including financially. My SA-17 is being put out to pasture soon, and I'll need another springer pistol. Might as well have it designed by the man himself!

You staying mag fed?
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:41 AM   #363 (permalink)
MCB Member

IDKFA,
Do it. They were awesome before, then discontinued and went into closeout. Duluth started just carrying ironclad work gloves. So many customers emailed complaining that they contracted ironclad to make their design. The ones currently delivered are the duluth design right down to the color of the thread, with ironclad tags. The craftsmanship on them is better even than the last pair, that lasted me over 100days of paintball, they put on literal miles of crawling.
Definitely get a size up from what you normally order.
Tight shooting gloves are a product of western movies, John Woo and Blackhawk's marketing department.
Imagine you're 2handing a pistol, aiming to your front wearing gloves. Time freezes and so do you. I walk up with a pair of scissors and I cut off the backs of the gloves from the wrists to the fingertips. Will the palms fall to the ground? If they don't then tight gloves are a needless restriction of bloodflow. You shouldn't need to hold so tightly in place something that you'll be holding tight against the grip with your hand. The reason some shooters need some exotic leather facsimile of surgical gloves is that they foolishly wear gloves with all the fingers on them....
The companies want tight, elastic gloves because it covers all the shortcuts in design and manufacture that leave their gloves no longer shaped like hands. I wear the xxl duluth carpenters glove and when I point my hand upwards and shake my hand with my fingers relaxed, they rattle on my hand.
I never have the slightest problem with gripping pistols or 12ies because the gloves are, smply, shaped like hands. What a concept, making them stay put by making them fit, instead of just making them tight.
I can understand why roofers and carpenters crapped cats when they couldn't get them anymore.

Thanks Wolfman!

It wouldn't be a fair test if I did, Manning! One set will be mag fed, one set top tube fed. The fun pair is magfed, but with custom mags that I can't mention.

I'm no patenteer, I agree with Chuang Tzu on such things.
However some ideas are so lucrative that I like to see them get good homes.

The top tubefeds will be micromags. Front load zeus mags(Flattops rule), air through rail with r/t type banjo. The rail will be plugged at the foregrip and feed from a magwell in the grip wth the steel storm mags.

The mag fed will essentially be an aluminum TiPX. The co2 section will be gone, under the barrel will be a steel storm co2 magwell.

The fun pistols..... Even StorminNorman doesn't know and he's making them I hope! We had talked about him working the micromags, but I can do those here now. I'll save him for the fun guns!

The wild try system in the mail is a rap4 desert eagle 43 I'm going to give a go at modifying to shoot 50cal. I could go with a lower volume 68 primary and have one of these for inside 60 feet. All this 3357 talk has made me nostalgic. Talk about a village gun. Maybe a nice little raincover integral to the 50 barrel. 'Whisper, whisper, whisper, whisper'... 'OH! Sorry about depopulating your flank'!
I will end up with one of these pairs as my main and spare main. The fun ones will be sidearm and spare.

Rob

Last edited by agentSmith; 02-23-2013 at 05:44 AM.
agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:09 AM   #364 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
It wouldn't be a fair test if I did, Manning! One set will be mag fed, one set top tube fed.

The top tubefeds will be micromags. Front load zeus mags(Flattops rule), air through rail with r/t type banjo. The rail will be plugged at the foregrip and feed from a magwell in the grip wth the steel storm mags.
I love it.

So will you be making your own bodies for the micromags? If so will they be one piece with the feed integrated, or would the feed be removable?
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:18 AM   #366 (permalink)
MCB Member

My apologies gentlemen. So much to say, no time left...

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:14 AM   #367 (permalink)
all work

A sad day.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms