mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Limited Paint Play Zealot

Just adding to the crowd source info on this one...

I've occasionally seen a Tib or TPX from a remorseful buyer for @ $120 but those are snagged up quick. So you have to get lucky, too. The average "low" price for a Tib or TPX I've seen tend to be @ or above 150.

@200 marker selling for @150 after a few years. IMHO That's not a bad resale. Certainly better resale % then a number of speedball markers after a few years. Or a $175 A5 loaded with $200 of assorted tacticool nic-nacs selling for $150 a few years later.

One other note that I think Mayvik hit on ... These pistols, unlike STBB pistols, usually are bought and sold with a bunch of magazines. The value of bundling some mags also causes the resale to stay up for the mag feeds
Tertiary: 2k2 Blue Shoebox Shocker / 16" .689 CP / 88-4500 Classic Maxflow / BluApache
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.
VooDooAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

I'd put it more on market size than anything. I mean, the TPX in particular suffers from lingering fears about its early issues, but even the T8's which have a better reputation for reliability and quality sell for practically pennies anymore. Phantoms are also a good bit more "universal" in nature than pistols since they're based on the Nelson design and parts are available everywhere.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Phantoms are also a good bit more "universal" in nature than pistols since they're based on the Nelson design and parts are available everywhere.
Most commonly available pumps (especially phantoms) are also much more established than any pistol in terms of reliability, and there is also a much larger market for them
Originally Posted by Railgun View Post
Long ago I coined the term Shiney Object Syndrome or SOS for short as a notorious wallet debilitating disease. Nowhere is it so alive as here at MCB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
I'd sell any other possessions, property, children, extra organs or sexual services before I'd sell my paintball gear. Hell, I'd sell other peoples property before I sold my gear
massdestruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:00 AM   #14 (permalink)
Pistol-Play Geek

I know this is a bit out of place, but this pistol thing is getting a bit far out of hand. The concept and use of a paintball pistol has been around since the start of the sport. They major part of the new fad is that popular bands are mass-producing designs during one of the many peaks in paintball's popularity. The ideas been there. They just reinvented the wheel a bit and then glorified it by making it a bit more weapon-like.

Sorry for the rant. It is a mass-produced polymer marker. The parts inside are a mix of brass and aluminum. Aluminum is volatile in price, but in large quantity, you'll really only see the price change in mere cents if aluminum ever spikes. The marker will likely stay strong at it's new price, but used will hope around anywhere from 50 to 75 dollars from the brand new price.

Enjoy it while it's still popular. You could always just get a pump.

Proud to be a Fluffy Striped Hyena!
AsaBerdahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:12 AM   #15 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
$150 tops with the upgrades and 7 shot mags. Closer to $100 otherwise.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms