mcarterbrown.com

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:43 AM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

Legendary just means old Soon my being a pistol player will not make me stick out so much, which is fine by me!

TrueBlue, life is indeed too short to be hunting with an ugly dog when you could have one just as good and pretty too!

I remember reading a book about the samurai when I was younger. They spent several pages discussing these ornate slipknots used to 'decorate' the attachments of the chestplate. Then pointed out that these knots were designed to be pulled instantly free with either hand if the breastplate were damaged or needed to be removed. Looks AND serviceability. Because they ran a little closer to the edge than standard infantry and they were proud of it.
As do we and as are we.
In the past pistol players have developed in isolation, not anymore. Now that companies have found out we're here and are starting to catch up, they're finding pistol players to be one of the most educated and discerning groups in paintball.
I truly believe that the golden age of pistol play started around 02 and will only get better!

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:06 AM   #22 (permalink)
Bargain addict

Send a message via AIM to chl2onic

Agent Smith, How does that holster work with the p68? I was thinking of getting a Y harness with scabbard on the back for my p68, I want to be able to use a semi as a primary at a scenario, and draw my p68 for a sidearm... I just sold my t8, because I used my p68, and t8 in the same day, and it wasn't a question as to what one goes.

PB feind, I have that SO gauntlet as my only form os SC harness. It has it's ups and downs.. the elastic on the arm bands will not hold the gauntlet on without the aide of duct tape, (or other personal modding) I do love love how it feels when secured with tape though..

I'll be keeping my eye on this though, as I am just getting into keeping my p68 SC, and I am looking for ideas on SC loadouts. Thanks for this thread!

http://www.a5og.net/itrader.php Itrader feedback from my home forum.
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
chl2onic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I also thought about the specops molle pod pack belt since it has a paintball style sinching method.
any of you guys running these

BLACKCELL - MOLLE POD PACK | Special Ops Paintball
paintball_fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:20 PM   #24 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Snake-Eyes78

This is a great thread. I will post pics of my stuff once I'm done messing with it.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:40 PM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chl2onic View Post
Agent Smith, How does that holster work with the p68? I was thinking of getting a Y harness with scabbard on the back for my p68, I want to be able to use a semi as a primary at a scenario, and draw my p68 for a sidearm... I just sold my t8, because I used my p68, and t8 in the same day, and it wasn't a question as to what one goes.
I don't have any pics of myself wearing it, this one from the Hell Survivors website shows it but is small:

I never noticed the date on that pic before. Dockman's there so I would say it was actually 06...

Maybe MCBer and Friend Deacon has some better pics, as she's now his baby.

Like you, I've got my favorite pistol and will spend all my time with that one.

This was an accessory pouch for a machine gun that had securement loops at top and bottom on the back that were big enough to pass a belt. By having this simple canvas holster I had a back mount rig as well. I simply clipped on a shoulder strap from top to bottom with alice clips and voila!
It rode extremely well, I quit using the leg loop right away. Having the canvas belt loop on back allowed me to pivot the long barrel forward or backward to accommodate sitting or going prone.

Unless the majority of games are going to be speedball, or the field has a plentiful supply of similarly large pieces of cover, I would personally avoid any system that required me to reach over my shoulder(In a sidearm as opposed to a main), as my granddaughter would say "awkwaaard", when prone or semiprone. The length of the P68SC means you can use a shoulder holster that puts the grip behind your shoulderblade and by grabbing the muzzle end in the small of your back you can pivot the pistol around the front until you're holding the muzzle in front of your nose and the grip is at your belt buckle.
I used the shoulder strap long so the P68sc essentially hung with the grip low on the shoulderblade. Then by grabbing the muzzle end of the holster with my right and lifting it, it would give slack over the shoulder and drop the grip end parallel to the ground in the small of my back where I could easily draw it with my left as I pulled the holster away with my right.

The specops tube/co2 pouch is the same as the cops911 tube rig in my first photo in this thread. I had a specops version as well as the cops911 one, both high quality.

Hope that helps!
Rob

Last edited by agentSmith; 02-20-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:08 PM   #26 (permalink)
Bargain addict

Send a message via AIM to chl2onic

Agent smith I have now subscribed to keep an eye on this thread.. I know I am looking to buy some other type of SC harness, because in a big SC only game my fore arm gaurd isn't going to cut it.

I was thinking for the extent I get to play, I should just get a nice belt mounted dump pouch to speed up reloads, and a holster or scabbard for my p68. Otherwise I don't play enough SC, or paintball for that matter to buy 40+ tubes, and the elaborate vest.

That being said, If I do end up getting the scabbbard, and dump pouch, I'd eventually want a nice light vest that could hold my air tank and 3 pods on the back, with some Sc harnesses in the front.

Keep the pics coming guys, I'm really appreciating this.

Agent, I kinda can picture the pivot points and such for your back mount, but I need to see this so I can make one ride right.

http://www.a5og.net/itrader.php Itrader feedback from my home forum.
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
chl2onic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:26 PM   #27 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

anyone else using grimlocs to hold there mask or other gear in the staging area

MAXPEDITION GRIMLOC Locking D-Ring (4 Pack) - Green

was also tinking about adding a camel back to the suspenders for DDAY
MOLLE Hydration Carrier and Bladder

scout_armorsquad thanks for the idea for capless tube holder and dump pouch i will be getting these next week.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:05 PM   #28 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chl2onic View Post
Agent smith I have now subscribed to keep an eye on this thread.. I know I am looking to buy some other type of SC harness, because in a big SC only game my fore arm gaurd isn't going to cut it.

I was thinking for the extent I get to play, I should just get a nice belt mounted dump pouch to speed up reloads, and a holster or scabbard for my p68. Otherwise I don't play enough SC, or paintball for that matter to buy 40+ tubes, and the elaborate vest.

That being said, If I do end up getting the scabbbard, and dump pouch, I'd eventually want a nice light vest that could hold my air tank and 3 pods on the back, with some Sc harnesses in the front.

Keep the pics coming guys, I'm really appreciating this.

Agent, I kinda can picture the pivot points and such for your back mount, but I need to see this so I can make one ride right.
Once again I will point out the vest I have. Plenty of room for tubes. Has a back panel for a tank or pods and it holds a hydration pouch...Since its covered in Molle, you can keep adding whatever you want...
Stilgar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:50 PM   #29 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilgar View Post
Once again I will point out the vest I have. Plenty of room for tubes. Has a back panel for a tank or pods and it holds a hydration pouch...Since its covered in Molle, you can keep adding whatever you want...

well since you are pointing out your vest were did you buy it and what is on it the pic doesnt tell these things completely.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:14 AM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball_fiend View Post
anyone else using grimlocs to hold there mask or other gear in the staging area

Oh yes, it's the only way to fly! I use the molle panel on the right hand holster for that!

chl2onic, I'm sure Deacon will have it at the 300 Game on March 19th. I'll take a quick vid and put it on youtube with my other stuff, then link it back here.
Rob

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms