mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:48 AM   #411 (permalink)
Bestial Bowman

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
That looks great Squirrel!
How good's the draw from that angle?
Wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:18 AM   #412 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
I haven't even played a lick of pistol yet and I am on my third rig idea.

Tried a couple different mag pouches and holsters and cannot find one I like yet. I may try out the TMC Sport 5 in 1. Bought Valken stacked mag pouches but they stick out like a pod pack. Not feeling them.

Went from plain belt to now a belt with Molle panels woven together with paracord. This should be really nice I think.

I'll post up pics when I get it together.

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback
tlane77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:49 AM   #413 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
That looks great Squirrel!
How good's the draw from that angle?
Thanks for the compliment.
It's not to bad. A little tight but seeing as how it's only in there when reloading the mags or making a run - it's doable.

I have been thinking about purchasing 2 FC Single Mag Holders and placing them on either side of the WTF Tube Holder. I would have to set the marker down or put it in my pocket, but it's something to think about if I decide to keep the MCR3 for an extended amount of time.

I only need 1 shot, no hopper, and your out!
PntBllnSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:24 PM   #414 (permalink)
Bestial Bowman

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PntBllnSquirrel View Post
I have been thinking about purchasing 2 FC Single Mag Holders and placing them on either side of the WTF Tube Holder. I would have to set the marker down or put it in my pocket, but it's something to think about if I decide to keep the MCR3 for an extended amount of time.
That could work. As a thought, it looks like you have plenty of room around the waist - you could always just stick your holster on a belt, maybe positioned around the rear so it doesn't interfere with your gear.

It'd give you more room for rounds too if you're the trigger-happy type!
Old 04-22-2012, 02:08 AM   #415 (permalink)
Limited Paint Play Zealot

PntBllnSquirrel, I also recently put together a Condor MCR3 rig...

• Condor MCR3
  • Condor Folding Dump Pouch - Centrally located to hopefully protect the gonads. Also hanging off the chest rig and not the belt. Important for holding the weight of the spent mags.
  • 2x Full Clip Triple Mag Pouches - Fits perfectly on the MCR3
  • 2x Full Clip Holsters aligned at 45deg.
  • Full Clip Belt - The velco on the belt helps to hold them in the 45deg position.
(Not pictured: Pursuit Pod, in M4 pouch at the back, on the MCR3's midsection strap.)

I know, I know. Some Olive Drab holsters would make it perfect, but I already had the black ones.

Get to try it out with the Full Clip mag Pouches in a few hours. Much more comfortable and lighter then my other large rig. Much more usable and better capacity then the small chest rig.

The only negative so far (and it's a bit of a nitpick) is that it's not likely a nice a loaner rig as the small angled chest rig I tried before. That had two adjustment points and they were very easy to quickly (seconds) change from accommodating a x-small to a 3XL person. The MCR3 has 6 points of adjustment, and they are well secured to not change while you are using it. Keeps it very stable and comfortable. This also makes handing it off to a buddy with dimensions very different from yours very time consuming.
Tertiary: 2k2 Blue Shoebox Shocker / 16" .689 CP / 88-4500 Classic Maxflow / BluApache
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.

Last edited by VooDooAddict; 04-22-2012 at 02:16 AM.
VooDooAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:46 AM   #416 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
lol I too bought one of those chest plates.

I put one of these on the front of it:
Amazon.com: TUFF 8 In Line Magazine Pouch (1000D Black Nylon, B92f/GL 17/20/21/22/P226): Sports & Outdoors

I liked it although I'd like it A LOT more if it had some elastic in the straps so I could make it tight and still breathe.

I also picked up a web belt and had another 12 mags along with my dump pouch and 2 pursuit pods. It was a surprising light setup. I'm thinking about getting another 8 mag holder from Amazon and foregoing the chest rig until I can get someone to put some elastic in it.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:54 AM   #417 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
That could work. As a thought, it looks like you have plenty of room around the waist - you could always just stick your holster on a belt, maybe positioned around the rear so it doesn't interfere with your gear.

It'd give you more room for rounds too if you're the trigger-happy type!
I just realized with you saying to put it on my belt I could use the straps on the holster and feed my belt threw it having it sit horizontally on my back. Thanks for the great idea.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #418 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooAddict View Post
PntBllnSquirrel, I also recently put together a Condor MCR3 rig...

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...t/ff147bf2.jpg
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...t/be103dfc.jpg
  • Condor MCR3
  • Condor Folding Dump Pouch - Centrally located to hopefully protect the gonads. Also hanging off the chest rig and not the belt. Important for holding the weight of the spent mags.
  • 2x Full Clip Triple Mag Pouches - Fits perfectly on the MCR3
  • 2x Full Clip Holsters aligned at 45deg.
  • Full Clip Belt - The velco on the belt helps to hold them in the 45deg position.
(Not pictured: Pursuit Pod, in M4 pouch at the back, on the MCR3's midsection strap.)

I know, I know. Some Olive Drab holsters would make it perfect, but I already had the black ones.

Get to try it out with the Full Clip mag Pouches in a few hours. Much more comfortable and lighter then my other large rig. Much more usable and better capacity then the small chest rig.

The only negative so far (and it's a bit of a nitpick) is that it's not likely a nice a loaner rig as the small angled chest rig I tried before. That had two adjustment points and they were very easy to quickly (seconds) change from accommodating a x-small to a 3XL person. The MCR3 has 6 points of adjustment, and they are well secured to not change while you are using it. Keeps it very stable and comfortable. This also makes handing it off to a buddy with dimensions very different from yours very time consuming.
Nicely Done Sir

Old 04-22-2012, 10:16 AM   #419 (permalink)
Bestial Bowman

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PntBllnSquirrel View Post
I just realized with you saying to put it on my belt I could use the straps on the holster and feed my belt threw it having it sit horizontally on my back. Thanks for the great idea.
No worries man, if there's one thing I've had a lot of practise with - it's positioning holsters.

And nice looking rig Voodoo, really practical! That Full Clip stuff works a treat, doesn't it?
Old 04-22-2012, 04:32 PM   #420 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooAddict View Post
I think I would copy this exactly if I wanted to run duals and could stand stuff on my chest. Nice rig!
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms