mcarterbrown.com

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 05-20-2012, 02:18 PM   #491 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Bartman

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlane77 View Post
Back to the drawing board for me. Played yesterday with my belt and it was less than stellar. I have a fat *** but no *** so it slides. I think I need to try a web belt and see what happens. Either that I am moving to a chest rig/vest.
why not put a set of suspenders on your existing rig that should hold it up at waist level , its a cheaper alternative to try before spending a lot of cash.

Bart
Its always better with a pump, and camo
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...l#post2603541y
Bartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:33 PM   #492 (permalink)
MCB Member

Yep that was a mag hook I was making for a friend. The 7s are even easier to pull back than the 8s, I'm on the cracknail team myself. I use my thumbnail and roll the paint out against my nail and down in.

Though any little hook will work, I really overthought those. As you put the mag into your holding hand you just made sure that hook was going into the well, then well... all was well!
It would catch the bar 100% and squeezing the mag would pull the bar, loosening your grip would return it to the locked position. The curve of the ring did the work.

Back on topic, with my old dump pouch slapped on the belt, my rig is money. I know belts are not a popular choice generally, but I felt bad for the vestal types in the heat at LL5. I was talking to one fella and defended my choice by pointing out that even with his awesome vest(it was a work of art!), he still had a belt on to keep his pants up and left it at that. With clothing already clamped tightly around his waist, he was keeping the hotspot he already had and adding a new one, instead of using the one he already had to have.

That logic does NOT trump the logic that life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog. If your rig makes you too hot and you like it, keep your rig and take a break in the shade, it's paintball.

On my last insert I burned through all 26 mags I was wearing as I crawled the woods without any slipup. I did lose one mag this weekend. It slipped from my fingers into an opentopped plastic barrel that was staked down.:-(. Cursed new jersey didn't have the shirt pocket sewn in yet! YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
. Obviously that's demo speed, crouched in a bunker nothing's faster!

'On way home Rob'

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:29 PM   #493 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartman View Post
why not put a set of suspenders on your existing rig that should hold it up at waist level , its a cheaper alternative to try before spending a lot of cash.

Bart
I think I need to try a different base belt before I go to a chest rig. The one I have is very hard to tighten it's on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
Yep that was a mag hook I was making for a friend. The 7s are even easier to pull back than the 8s, I'm on the cracknail team myself. I use my thumbnail and roll the paint out against my nail and down in.

Though any little hook will work, I really overthought those. As you put the mag into your holding hand you just made sure that hook was going into the well, then well... all was well!
It would catch the bar 100% and squeezing the mag would pull the bar, loosening your grip would return it to the locked position. The curve of the ring did the work.

Back on topic, with my old dump pouch slapped on the belt, my rig is money. I know belts are not a popular choice generally, but I felt bad for the vestal types in the heat at LL5. I was talking to one fella and defended my choice by pointing out that even with his awesome vest(it was a work of art!), he still had a belt on to keep his pants up and left it at that. With clothing already clamped tightly around his waist, he was keeping the hotspot he already had and adding a new one, instead of using the one he already had to have.

That logic does NOT trump the logic that life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog. If your rig makes you too hot and you like it, keep your rig and take a break in the shade, it's paintball.

On my last insert I burned through all 26 mags I was wearing as I crawled the woods without any slipup. I did lose one mag this weekend. It slipped from my fingers into an opentopped plastic barrel that was staked down.:-(. Cursed new jersey didn't have the shirt pocket sewn in yet! YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
. Obviously that's demo speed, crouched in a bunker nothing's faster!

'On way home Rob'
In between games we were playing with loading mags and the cram and pour was working well.

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback
tlane77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:11 PM   #494 (permalink)
Stockclass player

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I had a similar expirence this weekend with my belt set up. I couldn't keep it tight enough to be comfortable and after playing all day decided that a belt won't ever be comfortable for me. Going to be looking into a chest rig I guess. Any reccomendations? The Condor Modular Chest Rig looks pretty nice.

MCB Feedback
Ebay Feedback
mailmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:13 PM   #495 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
Thats the one I am getting.

PM GMAN. He sells them

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback
Old 05-20-2012, 08:16 PM   #496 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
That rig looks like it would need 3 hands to hold in place while you buckle it.
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:18 PM   #497 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
I have 2 friends

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback
Old 05-20-2012, 08:26 PM   #498 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
I have 2 friends
Refer to them as Jarvis.
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:26 PM   #499 (permalink)
Stockclass player

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
I have 2 friends

That link is to Gman's site. I've been bugging him on and off for a few days. I just need to PM him when i figure out what I want so he can make sure its in stock. He's a great guy to deal with!

MCB Feedback
Ebay Feedback
mailmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:38 PM   #500 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dundadun View Post
Refer to them as Jarvis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailmanmike View Post

That link is to Gman's site. I've been bugging him on and off for a few days. I just need to PM him when i figure out what I want so he can make sure its in stock. He's a great guy to deal with!
I didn't click on it I just hovered and saw it it said MCR1.

I'm hitting him up for an OD one.

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms