mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 06-30-2012, 11:28 AM   #571 (permalink)
the Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by PntBllnSquirrel View Post
I may have missed this somewhere, but what is the main belt you use?
here you go EbairSoft Airsoft parts & Tactical Gear - G TMC MOLLE EG style MLCS Gen II Belt Suspenders ( Multicam ) TMC0489

HOPPERS ARE FOR STORING GRAIN !!!
ghosroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:58 PM   #572 (permalink)
"Fidget"

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
My "Hot as Death out" quick game pistol belt

Pretty quick and simple.(I run this with either a T8 or TPX, with or without DSG)
Woodland Molle Belt
Right side going to the left(backwards I know but its how I did it)
double M4 pouch(holds 1-2 T8 mags or 2 TPX mags or 3 Quick Cap 10rd tubes)
FullClip Holster
Empire 88cuin Tank holder(is my small tank pouch or drop pouch)
6x 12g KCK holder
(some blank space)
3x Double m4 pouches(holds 1-2 T8 mags or 2 TPX mags or 3 Quick Cap 10rd tubes)

Light and tight. Made it a few weeks ago due to this high heat we've been having.
The Vest was causing me to have like mild heat stroke.

MCB FEEDBACK

4G010H3R0'S WTB THREAD

Facebook Page
4G010H3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:46 AM   #573 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Past saturday I ran with my SC viper in pistol form and a tac8, both in shoulder holsters.
I'll try and take some pics cause I forgot to ask anyone to do it for me. Really enjoyed that setup, and not as hot as I was with the other setups.

On my belt I had two wtf 10round capless shingles, my large dump pouch up front, an old pouch that held 2 tac8 mags and second dump pouch on my back that carried a camera for once I was out.

Techincally it was built off of this one, but a lot less gear.
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:45 AM   #574 (permalink)
Bestial Bowman

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Looking forward to seeing those pics.
What was the clip/sling you were using in that photo for the lever action (DSG?)?

STRIDERS Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6m9S2HYH7A-YVZzoq9QkBw
STRIDERS on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stride...98060457001863

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcheb View Post
Despite their proximity, the Wolfman from Leeds is not related to any werewolf in London, but he is first cousins with the Northern Mi dogman.
Wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:49 AM   #575 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
Looking forward to seeing those pics.
What was the clip/sling you were using in that photo for the lever action (DSG?)?
It's the same hook/saddle ring and rifle catch I was using on my leg, just moved to my chest and opposite hip(didn't have the catch on in that pix though). It felt very Jane from firefly.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:04 AM   #576 (permalink)
Bestial Bowman

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
With a P68SC on the way, I decided I'd try and come up with a new gear set-up to accomodate both that and my 8.1, since I couldn't bear to leave that behind.
Most of it is actually just recycled from my rig, save for the Viper MOLLE belt.

I stitched some elastic into loops to the inside of the top pocket in an old hunting vest I had to hold my 10rds (inspired somewhat by the TF2 Sniper), then used an Allen shotgun belt as a bandolier for my 12g's.

It works really nice in practice, doesn't sway like I thought it would, and I can reload the Tib one-handed because of how everything is positioned (keeping the P68 in the offhand).

EDIT: In my constant and unrelenting temperamentality, I'm already looking for a way to upgrade/replace this rig. I'm thinking lose the shirt and get a MOLLE bandolier.

STRIDERS Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6m9S2HYH7A-YVZzoq9QkBw
STRIDERS on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stride...98060457001863

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcheb View Post
Despite their proximity, the Wolfman from Leeds is not related to any werewolf in London, but he is first cousins with the Northern Mi dogman.

Last edited by Wolfman; 07-14-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:51 PM   #577 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dundadun View Post
Past saturday I ran with my SC viper in pistol form and a tac8, both in shoulder holsters.
I'll try and take some pics cause I forgot to ask anyone to do it for me. Really enjoyed that setup, and not as hot as I was with the other setups.

On my belt I had two wtf 10round capless shingles, my large dump pouch up front, an old pouch that held 2 tac8 mags and second dump pouch on my back that carried a camera for once I was out.

Techincally it was built off of this one, but a lot less gear.

here are two images from Camoguy's Helmet cam.

With my arms down it's kind of hard to see what's on my belt and I'm holding the SC viper pistol so that shoulder holster is flattened under my arm.

The shoulder holster's weren't even tied down to the belt and they held just fine. I didn't strap them in cause I like to remove the belt if I have a lot of capless tubes to refill.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:02 AM   #578 (permalink)
MCB Member

Just ordered a pair of these the other day, they're supposed to arrive tomorrow. Given the dimensions each pouch should hold 2 tipx mags:

The Sportsman's Guide

Both for $14, I couldn't resist!

Rob

Last edited by agentSmith; 07-24-2012 at 09:06 AM.
agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:05 PM   #579 (permalink)
Lurker

Finally got my battle belt setup tweaked to where I want it, so it will be all ready for TWC next month. This is meant primarily to ride high, with the buckle across the navel, but it can be worn around the hips to accommodate a vest or chest rig.

The buckle allows you to pull the straps super-tight, and it has some shock-cord looped in the back for elasticity, so it will stay firmly in place without severing my spine.

I made the dump pouch small to hold pistol mags and the occasional grenade. The top flap can cover it, fold back out of the way, or hold the pouch in a rolled-up position. It's one of the first pouches I ever made from scratch, and it shows.

I whipped up this universal holster over the weekend after seeing something similar online. It holds my primary when I'm in the staging area or both my hands are occupied (with flags and props and general acts of heroism). I can also use it to hold the foregrip of a slung rifle (i.e. my Phenom) to keep it snug when running or climbing.

In back are my custom Kanuck-style radio pouch, two RAP4 50-round pod pouches holding Pursuit Pods for reloading, and the shock cord loops that keep the belt snug.

My backup/Wu-style pistol rides in a custom forward-canted semi-thigh holster. It has a strap to go around the leg as well (but my mannequin doesn't have legs, so...). The bottom of it is held shut by a thick strip of velcro, so it can be opened to allow a longer barrel or suppressor, and the side can expand to accommodate a folding grip or light on the rail. The mag loop is nice for empties, but when I carried a full mag in there I only had three rounds left by the time I loaded it.

This is my prototype mag pouch. It's based on the same design that Milsig Solid Gear and other use, but I couldn't find one in MARPAT, so I made my own. Getting the spacing right for all four mags so they are held snug but can still be inserted easily was a PITA, and it shows. Next time I'm going with a webbing-reinforced opening and elastic halfway down, which should give me more room for measurement error.

I'd like somewhere to tuck a couple more mags, since I currently have 8 - I'll probably either put a couple single-mag pouches on the RAP4 hydro pack I'll wear with this, or else pick up or replicate one of the WTF Radius gauntlets - I have an idea for one with an integrated full-sheet map pouch...
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #580 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Brass N Wood Fan
First attempt at a light pistol setup with the battle belt I just got

Condor battle belt/pistol belt
Condor collapsible dump pouch
6 tube panel custom made by Kanuck
1 pod pouch just in case the game runs long
UTG smg drop leg holster (fits the Delta 68 with mag perfectly)
Valken VTAC horizontal tank pouch with a 68/4500
Guerrilla Cobra remote line
Salmon is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms