mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

potential SA-17 set up

Going with the stick feed to make reloading easier and faster (and to have paint immediately available) - might be a bit bulky for a holster but as I would use it as my primary I'm not too conserned about that. I might also add a Flasc micro barrel and tip but not sure about that. Cheers.
Attached Images

Mursy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

You know you could also just use a feedgate on the end of the stock springfeed with the guts removed, instead of using the hopper elbow. Would be slightly lower-profile. Someone on the BT forum on PBN did it if you want to search around there.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

I did see that, but this stick feed has a slight angle on it allowing gravity assist for feeding (instead of having to rock and cock) - it also holds 10 rounds in the stick and 2-4 in the feedneck stack depending on set up (I'm guessing with this set up I would be able to get 3 or 4 in there) so there would be a decent ability to get 3 or 4 rapid shots if necessary. I thinking this set up would also allow better clearance for a reflex sight of some kind - I've seen pics of other config's using the BT red dot and it looks like the standard spring feed gets pushed aside a bit by the sight mounts (not sure that it would be a big deal in the end but I thought this might be an improvment).
Mursy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
www.armorsquad.com

People have put a CCI feed cap on the end with the guts removed. I was going to personally do a "Agentsmith" feed port with the mag pointing rearward on mine. I felt it was going to be the absolute best with a natural pointing down action to load with gravity's help. I was until i decided to stick with two styles of pistols to keep my actions the same. I still think it would be the best when I'm ready to tackle one.

trueblue is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms