mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Sidearms (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/sidearms/)
-   -   Can Anyone tell me what the %&#@ this is? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/sidearms/154951-can-anyone-tell-me-what-%25-%40.html)

Iconic Muffinman 03-17-2011 03:59 PM

Can Anyone tell me what the %&#@ this is?

I purchaced this marker off gunbroker, as it was labeled as a Zeus G1.. Its not. I have no idea what it is. Its labeled as a pepperball gun, but is not on Pepperball's site. It accepts standard Zeus mags.

It has a filter in the asa, which indicates a chinese manufacturer to me.

Look at the internals... very, VERY odd.

Serial number indecates a 2002 production, serial number 00005.

Possibly a prototype?

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Deuce 03-17-2011 04:01 PM

Just looks like a pepperball version to me. The internals may be different to account for the higher pressures used in pepperball launchers? HAve you tried to chrono it?

Iconic Muffinman 03-17-2011 04:04 PM

I dont have any means to chono here at my house.

The bolt is incredibly short. I really cant describe how tiny it is. It rides on a thin screw which treads into its rear, with what feels like a very improvized charging handle.. If you charge it, you have to slap the handle back forward, where it locks back in place.

pk5 03-17-2011 04:07 PM

It look like a modified Zeus for pepperball, I think I saw a photo of it when I was at Pepperball headquarter but it have been a while since they produce that version. Pepperball switch their gear every few years or so just like how they got rid of the SA-8 and is now carrying tippmann stuff.

chl2onic 03-17-2011 04:11 PM

cool SN at least

Iconic Muffinman 03-17-2011 04:14 PM

Anyone know what it would be worth?

agentSmith 03-17-2011 08:12 PM

It's a Core Zx, rebranded by pepperball. The Core Zx and the Armotech zeus G1 were made in the same factory and imported by different folks. Parts do crossover. The Armotech zeus G2 was an upgrade, little nicer bolt and such. Warsensor consolidated into one set of internals(g2 type), for G1+ and G2+. Since this is a later core, it probably also uses G2 type internals as the Miltec did.
Meaning a spyder valve spring and cupseal. The mainspring is actually the same as a Tippmann pro-am spring(longer version of an A5 spring), only slightly shorter. I've used an A5 spring with another section threaded on the guide rod first, you can see it top right next to the hones if you click this pic to make it big. Warsensor zeus G2+ - MCB Paintball Gallery

It worked, but then I got a source for pro-am springs and started cutting my own.

With cool factor for being a pepperball version, $100-125. Normally a core goes for 75-80.

A good pistol though!

Rob

Iconic Muffinman 03-17-2011 08:13 PM

Okay, so I fired this around a bit today, velocity is definately waaayy high. Average of 18 shots on a 12g at the lowest velocity setting, 4-5 shots on the highest. I would estimate velocity is in 350-400fps range.

Somehow managed not to break any paint though...

Iconic Muffinman 03-17-2011 08:15 PM

Sorry for the double post, Agent Smith just beat me. Thanks for the Info!

I agree, it did shoot quite nicely, apart from the velocity/efficiency issues.

Drachen 03-17-2011 08:48 PM

You think it was shooting 350+ yet it's not breaking paint?? That don't make much sense. Unless you're using crappy paint maybe.