mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 04-17-2011, 01:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

I used to use a sidearm all the time. I actually did use it a couple of times when my gun went down because of ball breakage or whatever.

The one I used was a DSDS 494. It was a great light gun and simple to use. You could carry 2 x 12 grams right in the gun, and it took standard 10 round tubes just shoved into it. It was a nelson based gun too.

I would carry it in a holster in the small of my back, with a few 10 round tubes in the side pocket of my BDU's. I hardly noticed the gun was there.

I know it's a rarer gun, and the early ones had problems with the plastic cracking, but you can still get them for around $50.

I'd LOVE it if JT or Brass Eagle made a simple stock class gun like that again.

There's that new JT plastic gun that's sold at Kmart for $35. Some people have modded it and it's turned out well. You might think about that one.

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Jaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
Dr Gonzho's close, although I've had the tubing snap, so I go for real old school:

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/...dium/sling.JPG

Although true to my nature, I couldn't resist souping it up by using synthetic snowshoe webbing, No stretch!
Yes, I have eliminated a bunch of people with it, though I can't use it at regular fields.
You really can get it up to speed and be half way accurate with that? Now I need to try this over the summer. I would have thought the paintballs would be too light to work effectively in a sling like that. What slinging method do you find effective?
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Not in the face!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
Dr Gonzho's close, although I've had the tubing snap, so I go for real old school:

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/...dium/sling.JPG

Although true to my nature, I couldn't resist souping it up by using synthetic snowshoe webbing, No stretch!
Yes, I have eliminated a bunch of people with it, though I can't use it at regular fields.

I use 2 pistols all the time, so either can be my sidearm at any given moment.

For someone wearing a pistol AS a sidearm, there's a wealth of great choices, the splatty among them!

Rob

I can only imagine the look of "WTF" you get not only when you start swinging it around, but actually tag someone.

Just tell 'em you don't find pump markers "challenging enough".

-Hunter S. Thompson

My feedback!
Dr Gonzho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:59 PM   #14 (permalink)

tiberius is amazing super well made. and also good if you want a new primary weapon because of the amount of attachments and i've heard some horror stories about the tpx.
snowgod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgod01 View Post
tiberius is amazing super well made.
The original poster though wanted light weight...the Tiberius certainly isn't that. It's really big too and not all that simple. I have both a Tiberius and a done up PGP...I usually choose my PGP when I want to run pistol only. It's just easier to deal with.

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Jaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
Certified Gunsmith

Kilt Fan
Splatty. Nuff said.
Iconic Muffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:05 AM   #17 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaan View Post
The original poster though wanted light weight...the Tiberius certainly isn't that. It's really big too and not all that simple. I have both a Tiberius and a done up PGP...I usually choose my PGP when I want to run pistol only. It's just easier to deal with.
That's odd... I just threw my empty T9.1 in pistol mode on the scale... 2 lbs 6 oz (and I believe a T8.1 will be lighter)...

Empty PGP... 2 lbs 5 oz.

Is there something special about your PGP?
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:22 AM   #18 (permalink)

Saunders Archery - Pro | Wrist-RocketŪ

i also go with the slingshot as my backup weapon to dual wielding. I love how this fires paintballs. And you never have to worry about being heard if your close up against someone haha.
slingshotted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:22 AM   #19 (permalink)
Handgoon

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
That's odd... I just threw my empty T9.1 in pistol mode on the scale... 2 lbs 6 oz (and I believe a T8.1 will be lighter)...

Empty PGP... 2 lbs 5 oz.

Is there something special about your PGP?
I don't think he was saying that it was lighter necessarily, just that it was easier to deal with for him. Maybe its the smaller grip that he likes...some people just cant stand the tiberius grips

MY FEEDBACK
skullcandy1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
Dremel Drill Professional

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Guys stop using the "the tpx allows you to save the 12 gram till you nee it" thing. You are still supposed to crono your gun before it is fired.

But between the tpx and tib I'd say tpx as a side as it is smaller and lighter. But Im sure theres better/cheaper sidearms than the tpx. But still as others have said, a sidearm in paintball is kinda stupid. If you have ball breaks, squeeqie or draw fire from your team by alot of dry firing. If your gun just quits, still draw fire for your team, throw paintballs, etc. Some of the most fun I have had is when a gun wont work and you have to improvise. COurse the frustration of the broken gun kinda mutes that fun a bit. Still, a sidearm will just weigh you down for 90%+ of games. And for those 10% or less (usually alot less) just improvise and have fun. Set your gun down and run all over the place like a chicken with his head cut off.

Thats all.

nation feedback
mcb feedback

Havoc-paintballer is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms