mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:33 PM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc-paintballer View Post
Guys stop using the "the tpx allows you to save the 12 gram till you nee it" thing. You are still supposed to crono your gun before it is fired.
that's true - you pierce one doing that. But let's look at a useful load out for a gun. Let's say one mag in a gun and two in a pouch. That means 1 12 gram pierced whether you shoot your gun or not. The other readily available option would be the Tib - in which you would have three pierced 12 grams.
brycelarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:38 PM   #22 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Not knowing a whole bunch about Tib guns, it looks like they released a remote kit similar to the TPX's for at least a few models.

Tiberius 8.1 remote adapter released!?

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:45 PM   #23 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
That's odd... I just threw my empty T9.1 in pistol mode on the scale... 2 lbs 6 oz (and I believe a T8.1 will be lighter)...

Empty PGP... 2 lbs 5 oz.

Is there something special about your PGP?
I usually choose my PGP over my Tiberius because I think the removable magazines are a pain in the @$$. The PGP is simpler to deal with. When I run pistol only and the PGP, I take a wrist harness with 4 ten round tubes and 1 extra 12 gram. That's it.

My first recommendation would have been for a PGP, but the original poster said he didn't want heavy, so all this is not relevant to this thread (c:

For a lightweight backup, I might look into this;

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/p...rt-jt-er2.html

EDIT; PS, you should weigh the Tiberius with a magazine in it to be fair. The PGP includes a built in magazine and 12 gram holder.

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Jaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:35 PM   #24 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
I don't think he was saying that it was lighter necessarily, just that it was easier to deal with for him. Maybe its the smaller grip that he likes...some people just cant stand the tiberius grips
I'm pretty sure he was saying it was lighter, necessarily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaan View Post
EDIT; PS, you should weigh the Tiberius with a magazine in it to be fair. The PGP includes a built in magazine and 12 gram holder.
What makes you think I weighed the Tiberius without a magazine in it?

Do you own a Tiberius, a PGP, and a scale?
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:38 PM   #25 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
That's odd... I just threw my empty T9.1 in pistol mode on the scale... 2 lbs 6 oz (and I believe a T8.1 will be lighter)...

Empty PGP... 2 lbs 5 oz.

Is there something special about your PGP?
Quote:
What makes you think I weighed the Tiberius without a magazine in it?

Do you own a Tiberius, a PGP, and a scale?
Well, you did say that it was empty.

I wouldn't be shocked if there were people around here that owned multiples of those three things. Just saying.

Quote:
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
Old 04-18-2011, 01:40 PM   #26 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
Well, you did say that it was empty.
Really, is this the way you guys think?
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:52 PM   #27 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Really, is this the way you guys think?
Yes. When you start doing quantified measurements on things you should be as specific as possible, without going crazy of course like measuring out screws.

Quote:
Feedback
Old 04-18-2011, 01:58 PM   #28 (permalink)
Certified Gunsmith

Kilt Fan
You know, I really hate how all these bloody pistol threads turn into a "my opinion is completely inflexible, so I will argue any point that is against it as though my life depends on it" rant-fests.

If someone says something that presents a counterpoint to a point you made, either POLITELY make another counterpoint, or let it go and get over it.

I am begining to think this is just another trolling thread... Seriously people, lets all just grow up a little.
Iconic Muffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:32 PM   #29 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckless View Post
You really can get it up to speed and be half way accurate with that? Now I need to try this over the summer. I would have thought the paintballs would be too light to work effectively in a sling like that. What slinging method do you find effective?
The loop goes over the pinky and ring finger of the right hand with the thong up through my fist. The rivet pinches between my thumb and index finger to give me a consistent grip.

The snowshoe webbing is a neoprene bonded to webbing, so it's quite stiff. This helps the swing immensely as does the oversized pouch.

Good old Iversons, if you're a deepsnow shoer, they're tops!

I used a marble after soaking the pouch in warm water to make a SMALL depression, rolling and pressing the marble into the pouch with my thumb. Too much cup and it won't release the ball smoothly.
I load the ball and hold it and pouch gently with my left, then let it slip out of my fingers as the right hand starts the spin. I spin with my wrist and then throw with my whole arm at release.

If you use standard leather I would suggest a 1/4" strip instead of a smaller thong. With a heavy projectile you want thin to let the air resistance be minimized as the ball or rock is spun around. The paintball sling is more like swinging a piece of rope around your head.
Like regular fishing Vs Flyfishing. In regular fishing the heavy lure pulls the light line behind it, in flyfishing the heavy line is used to roll out a very light lure.
Try to think of yourself as cracking a whip!

As for the rest of this conversation... Get some pistols and try them. You don't know what the ashes will look like in your fireplace until you burn the log yourself.

I hate how people who care about their game and how it's played are constantly criticized by outsiders for doing so. Giving yourself permission to be passionate is the ONLY way to be good at ANYTHING. You'll never find halfsteppers out front.

Rob

Last edited by agentSmith; 04-18-2011 at 02:38 PM.
agentSmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:20 PM   #30 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
Mine is the best because I'm incredibly awesome.

and my opinion is inflexible

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms