mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 05-24-2011, 05:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Where to get/how to make a bottomline kit for CORE ZX?

Hi guys!

I've tried searching the site, but can't turn out any helpful results (as of yet). I have a CORE ZX paintball pistol which I basically got for free when I bought a T98 a couple of years ago. The thing is, I think using those 12g CO2 cartridges makes the gun too expensive to use (makes each shot THREE times more expensive), so I want to mod it with a bottomline kit. However, these are pretty hard to get a hold of, so I am hoping you guys can help me get one or make one on my own.

Thank you!

Btw, I live in Norway (that's right next to the UK for those of you that wondered).
SturL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Handgoon

Brass N Wood Fan
get a dummy 12 gram from titus and throw on a standard line and asa. all it would take is some milling at the bottom of the 12 gram chamber

MY FEEDBACK
skullcandy1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Well, you can mill out the bottom or just dremel out the pre-existing hole in the side of the 12g chamber. Depending on the dummy 12g it may fit without modification, actually. The grip frame already has threaded holes for an ASA so get whichever one you prefer, two fittings, and some line to go between them. Or if you want to get really fancy you can do an air-through grip like mine, but then you can't run with an ASA, only a remote line. I don't have any pics of the setup on my Zeus but I did the same thing on my SA17, it just has to run the line to the opposite side. Dremel out the gripframe to fit some macro, and then drill a hole in the bottom of it big enough for an adapter fitting.

FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the answers. I contacted Titus, and a dummy Co2 is on my way shortly I hope.

But, I have some concerns...

How high is the pressure from a regular co2 cartridge? A lot of markers have pressure regulators on them, but the Core ZX seems to have none. Can it hold up to 800psi+ from the HPA tank?

Also, thinking about making a separate thread about this, but I'll take it here in the first place. I dismantled the ZX yesterday, as I was curious about the internals. I put the thing together again, and wanted to check if it still worked. I put a CO2 cartridge in it, and noticed that the gun was leaking. I know that I damaged an o-ring a teensy weensy bit when I shoved the internals back in, but I'm not sure that's causing it to leak. If you look at the pictures below, where I have put a red ring, isn't there supposed to be a seal there of some sort?

I downloaded the blow-chart for the Zeus G1 (as I couldn't find one for the ZX) and I can see that one part is on the drawing which is not on the gun.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
TANSTAAFL

CCM Fan
Whatever part you are missing, it is in "front" of the cup seal (the white bit that goes up against the valve) so missing it wouldn't make it leak. On the diagram, or picture, which o-ring is the one that you damaged?
"WHY is that guy licking Criticals pants?"
My Feedback
Critical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Corpses Eaten: 0

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by SturL View Post
How high is the pressure from a regular co2 cartridge? A lot of markers have pressure regulators on them, but the Core ZX seems to have none. Can it hold up to 800psi+ from the HPA tank?
No problem. 12grams actually put out over 1000psi on a very hot day.
And the core is essentially a mini spyder. Most blowbacks are run unregged on high pressures. Good to go.

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarakian View Post
Let that be a lesson to all you criminal types. Don't steal old and unique paintball gear. We are the market and we will find you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
he doesn't manage a business, and he should have planned it out better or had some experience in what he was doing before taking pre-orders. the worst part is simply that he took the money and did not refund it... which is fraud.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

That part is the cup seal guide, just there to keep the assembly centered, I ran my spyder without one for a while and it didn't change anything.

If you nicked the forward oring, that is most likely where the leak is, if you nicked the rear oring, that really doesn't make much difference because it would only leak for the split second the valve opens and only assist in the blow back of the striker.

If it is the rear oring, its probably the cup seal, oil it up and fire it a couple times and see if that works, usually does for me, otherwise take it out and clean it thoroughly.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:43 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Well, you can mill out the bottom or just dremel out the pre-existing hole in the side of the 12g chamber. Depending on the dummy 12g it may fit without modification, actually. The grip frame already has threaded holes for an ASA so get whichever one you prefer, two fittings, and some line to go between them. Or if you want to get really fancy you can do an air-through grip like mine, but then you can't run with an ASA, only a remote line. I don't have any pics of the setup on my Zeus but I did the same thing on my SA17, it just has to run the line to the opposite side. Dremel out the gripframe to fit some macro, and then drill a hole in the bottom of it big enough for an adapter fitting.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e4...284/SA17-1.jpg
How did you make the fitting at the bottom of the grip? Can you get an adapter that will take the macroline-thread in one end, and the quick-disconnect thread in the other?

Edit: Found this: Brass Pipe Female Coupling Fitting 1/8" NPT Water Boat". Will something like that work? Are both fittings 1/8" npt? I bought these macroline fittings, and it says they are 1/8" npt.

Last edited by SturL; 05-30-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Yep, you just take that adapter, put the nipple in one end and the macro fitting in the other. Drill the hole in the grip frame tight enough to press-fit the adapter into, or just drill a small hole in the side and thread it for a set-screw to hold it in.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms