mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 06-11-2007, 12:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

The Miltec G2 is pure fun

I've been playing paintball for about a year now, and was getting a little bored with my Tippman Custom Pro so I decided to try something more challenging. I did a bunch of research (including this site) and chose to buy a Miltec G2 pistol.

We went out this weekend and I tried it out as my primary marker. By the end of the day I was hooked because it is so fun to play with. All of my buddies were asking tons of questions so I let them all try it for a few games, and they all want to buy one now too.

Pros:
- Lightweight & small (compared to my Tippy 98)
- Shoots amazingly accurate with Marbs
- Decent effeciency at 25 shots-per-12g on a 80F day
- No leaks

Cons:
- Did not come with a manual (Contacted Xtremez, who said none of current lot included manuals)
- No padding in box so both barrels were bent from banging around during shipping (Xtremez quickly shipped out new ones at no cost)
- Spring loaded bearing popped out of the quick-release pin (Contacting Xtremez for replacement)
- Slow to change 12g CO2
- Stock magazine is a pain to reload (easily fixed with a quick cap or AgentSmith mod)

We tried several brands of paint with varying results. Visible Impact was garbage in the G2. The local white-box (PegBall) shot OK, but when I dropped in some Marballizers we were astonished. At 75 feet it shot as accurate as my Tippy on HPA.

Last edited by JaceTheAce; 06-12-2007 at 05:55 PM.
JaceTheAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Welcome to the club!!!

I've been hooked on these babies for years. I bought one in late 03, early 04 when they first came out as the Armotech zeus G2 as a sidearm. I decided I would just play with that until I could handle it well enough to suit me then switch back to my Minimag... I eventually gave away the minimag to a deserving youngster and now I'll be pistoling my way into retirement(hopefully still alot of good years in my 41 yr old body!).

The bore on these is a .691, so they're going to digest larger paint like Marbs much better. My field paint where I play is Draxxus Silver(alias Inferno SFX or 'Fireball') which most players run a .689 insert with anyway, so I'm quite lucky.

One thing I've found astonishing is how easy having a gun only a foot long makes working from the tops of bunkers instead of being mostly limited to the sides. Our team can fill a bunker with an extra guy more than teams with no pistolero, 3 effectives instead of 2.

Good Times!
Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

This is a follow-up to my original post. In the original post I mentioned the following two Cons:
- No padding in box so both barrels were bent from banging around during shipping (Xtremez quickly shipped out new ones at no cost)
- Spring loaded bearing popped out of the quick-release pin (Contacting Xtremez for replacement)

I contacted Xtremez about these issues three weeks ago and still have not heard or received anything from them. So, I called again yesterday and they said they don't have replacement barrels and gave me an RMA for the whole gun. I'm very pleased with the G2, and aside from the two problems mentioned above it has worked flawlessly so I don't really want to return the whole gun, I just need some replacement parts!! The 1" barrel was only slightly bent (more of a dent) and I was able to push the dent out so you can't even see it now. I fixed the quick-release pin by drilling it out and slapping on a hitch pin. So, the main remaining issue is the 7" barrel. It is totally unusable because it's severely bent and the threads are mashed.

At this point I'm debating whether it's even worth it to return the gun for a replacement. What do you guys think?

Last edited by JaceTheAce; 06-20-2007 at 10:54 AM.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Corpses Eaten: 0

Fan of EMR
My buddy had a similar problem with xtremez. He had to return some things, so he contacted them. They said no problem, and they would e-mail him the info he needed to return. At that point the company stopped responding to his e-mails. Good luck.

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurchness monster View Post
Lets show them the MCB way of playing this game. We'll show up late, miss the first game or two, talk about and fondle each others markers, have lunch, talk about where we will play next, play a game or two, and go home complaining how tired we are after playing all day. Should be a lot of fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
he doesn't manage a business, and he should have planned it out better or had some experience in what he was doing before taking pre-orders. the worst part is simply that he took the money and did not refund it... which is fraud.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

don't worry about the longer secondary barrel you'll never use it.
the manuals are online. at Warsensor Official Web Site

click the support link.
[CENTER][B][
LK-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Well those barrels are a ridiculous .694, more of an extended flash hider than an actual barrel. The only purpose they serve is to let you add the fake silencer that clamps on them.
That barrel would make the G2 as large as a regular marker, without the interchangeable bore sizes or BPS rate of a regular marker.

If that were my only beef, I'd probably keep the gun.
I got lucky and received everything in fine order(box foam and all) from extremez. I hope they don't go the way of Armotech and learn from Tiberius instead! Customer service is as important as product.

Rob

Old 06-21-2007, 10:52 AM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks for all the input guys. I called Xtremez and they did actually give me an RMA, so in theory all I would have to do is mail it back to them and they would send a replacement. However, I've decided to just keep the gun and enjoy it instead of dealing with the hassle of returning it all for the sake of a barrel I will probably never use.

Thanks again.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
Well those barrels are a ridiculous .694, more of an extended flash hider than an actual barrel.......
FLASH HIDER! ! ! ! !

I think you may be taking all this just a LEEETLE TEEEENIE bit too seriously.....
miracle in some small way.........
Railgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 02:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
Well those barrels are a ridiculous .694, more of an extended flash hider than an actual barrel. The only purpose they serve is to let you add the fake silencer that clamps on them.
What flash?

I ball for Team Fracture
B&E Paintball --- Wild World Paintball
pizzaluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 08:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
What flash?
Exactly my sarcastic point , I took a hacksaw to my 'flashhider', it now looks like this:

If you make a spring fed pistol the same size as a 25 bps electro, IMO you're missing the point of the pistol! One of the greatest advantages I've found to pistol play is the short profile gives me the ability to work over bunker TOPS comfortably. In fact, this allows a team to fill a bunker with three effective shooters(assuming you have an effective pistol player), one on each side and one fighting over the top, instead of just two.
That's one reason why SPPL teams are jumping on the pistol bandwagon, that and the fact that a person can carry a pistol and a LAW or mines so easily.

Rob

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms