mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 06-12-2007, 06:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Polish internals of Miltec G2...

I'm thinking about polishing the internals (striker area & barrell) of my Miltec G2 using Nevr-Dull or Mother's Mag, but I don't want to waste my time if it doesn't really help. The internals are already fairly "shiny" so I question the benefits of further polishing.

Has anyone tried this? If so, how did it help? (i.e. better accuracy, more balls-per-12g, etc)

- Jace.
JaceTheAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

I did it on my first one and can't say that I gained anything by it. The exception is the raised ring on the valve where the cupseal seats, it's crucial that that be completely smooth. One big difference maker was buying the black magic cupseals(8-32 spyder size) these are softer so they don't bounce as hard, seal better and give a noticeable few extra shots. In addition they last forever.
A friend who had a USP, though put a PMI turbo valve in and gained almost five shots per, so maybe an aftermarket valve might help. With my blackmagic cupseal and careful tuning of the springs I get over 30 shots from my Miltec(when I'm not really firing rapid strings).

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 11:24 AM   #3 (permalink)

Black Magic Cupseal...

Thanks for the info. This is really a great forum.

I've read several other positive posts about Black Magic cupseals. Where is the best place to buy them? Also, if I remember right you have to remove the pierce pin as well as the valve to replace the cupseal right? I know the Pin Kit includes a tool that makes this easy, but I've not been able to find a Pin Kit specifically for the Miltec G2, only for the Warsensor Zeus line. Will the Warsensor Zeus Pin Kit + tool work in the Miltec?

Thanks again.

Jace
Old 06-13-2007, 02:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaceTheAce View Post
Thanks for the info. This is really a great forum.

I've read several other positive posts about Black Magic cupseals. Where is the best place to buy them? Also, if I remember right you have to remove the pierce pin as well as the valve to replace the cupseal right? I know the Pin Kit includes a tool that makes this easy, but I've not been able to find a Pin Kit specifically for the Miltec G2, only for the Warsensor Zeus line. Will the Warsensor Zeus Pin Kit + tool work in the Miltec?

Thanks again.

Jace
yes it will, they are fully interchangeable,
made by the same fabricator actually,
just a different name stuck on them.
LK-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 06:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

I agree with you on this forum, JTA, it was the first internet forum I ever joined a few years ago, because I was searching to replace my old sheridan and it's still my favorite destination on the web, because I learn something everytime I log on. It's the standard by which I judge all other forums and they suffer for it.

I have two different threads on my two pin tools-the 1/4-28 of the Miltec old Armotech and the weird metric travesty of the warsensor + guns SO BEWARE, there are two different threads available on these tools!
Of course you could run the metric warsensor tool into a 1/4-28 die and fix it right up.

The shouldered pierce pin is a metric warsensor type and the two tips of the pin tools show the different threads.

The stores that carry Miltec should be able to get the Miltec threaded ones, I want another pin wrench myself so I'll find out this week how to get a new one and post back here, or if you get any info, Jace, please post it back for us!

I bought a pierce pin kit to get the tools, but all my replacement pierce pins after that are CCI Phantom part #39, pierce pin assembly. You can call and order them for $6 each and they last ten times longer than any other brands I've tried!

This thread has more info on the pin wrenches and how they work:
Zeus type pistol maintenance(56kdeath)

Hope that helps!
As for the Black Magic Cupseals, like all things quality, you can get them from Palmers:
PPS Catalog - Spyder Parts
Warsensor, Core, Armotech and miltec all use 8-32 threaded cupseals same as spyders.

Good Times!
Rob

Old 06-14-2007, 11:27 AM   #6 (permalink)

When I called Xtremez (to get a replacement barrel for the one bent in shipping ), they said they are the distributor/importer of the Miltec pistols. I'm guessing they should have access to a Miltec G1/G2 pin kit. I sent them an email about a different issue last week and they have not yet responded, so I'll probably have to call and ask them about a G2 pin kit.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

I knew when I called the Miltec number from APG back when and got Xtremez, that they were probably the distributor. I just called them and they don't have any available yet, I think if I were a dealer of Miltecs, I would invest in a 1/4-28 die and convert the warsensor pin tools I had in stock on demand.

I'm just ordering warsensor versions and I'll convert them with the die myself Jace. I've fixed up several friend's G2+'s and converted them to these pins, so now I can fix them up with these crucial tools.

I'll guinea pig my warsensor threaded one, so I'll let you know that it works well for sure.

I ended up shortening the little barrel of the G2 to the barest nub, that way I clear the access to the co2 plug but don't leave exposed threads in the barrel to cause turbulence. I like the G2's a little better because they're quieter with the expanded porting, but that barrel gets in the way of loading.

I wrecked my truck, so I haven't gotten to play in three weekends, my longest dry patch since early 04. I'm looking forward to chasing teenagers around with my Miltec this weekend!

"Pardon me guys, Playing Through, I'll wait on the field for you!"

Rob

Old 06-14-2007, 09:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

you are a paintball-pistol-wealding-god....

if you wern't already married i would have your gun-slingin- babies!!!!!!

thebill
magnumhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Just go USA for Global, Bill and we'll show them a live demonstration of the metaphor 'Foxes in a henhouse'!

If I end up not taking the presidency, I'm shooting for a case and a half through my pistols on the weekend! Wait till you see the new Firebase Bravo we built in the Bunker building contest! A tank, pillboxes and a tasty flagstation! I'm going to make serious hay in the thick woods out there! Good thing I've been studying it for 20 years now

Sorry for the Hijack!

To keep it on target, I'll have a wrench for your G2+, Bill!

Rob

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms