mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
ROARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

First date with my TiPX

My love for paintball has returned. I got a lot of "what the hell is that?" questions.

Any ways, first game was a disaster. I out shot my mags on the second and third reload....then ran out of air at the end of clip 4. Got shot right after .

Ended the day with 2 surrenders and and CQ shot.

Any memorable first pistol outings you guys can share?
Ziggymarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Not a Squatch...

Send a message via AIM to Timber_Ghost

Last time I played I duel wielded my thumper in my right and my TiPX in the left. I eliminated two people almost simultaneously and took the top of a huge hill by myself. It was epic.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Not first time but first outing this season. I play with a tpx and my friend rolls with her trusty T68. So we rush into a building right at the start that is a hot spot for beginning of game action. I duck down behind nets in the building and I hear "surrender" right behind me. She is standing there trying to surrender me, but quickly realizes who I am.. The proceeds to run out the door next to the other team and gets 6 of them to surrender. After all those guys get out we meet back up inside the building and realize her barrel blocker was in the entire time.. Best game ever so far! We laughed so long about it after.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty_Otter View Post
Not first time but first outing this season. I play with a tpx and my friend rolls with her trusty T68. So we rush into a building right at the start that is a hot spot for beginning of game action. I duck down behind nets in the building and I hear "surrender" right behind me. She is standing there trying to surrender me, but quickly realizes who I am.. The proceeds to run out the door next to the other team and gets 6 of them to surrender. After all those guys get out we meet back up inside the building and realize her barrel blocker was in the entire time.. Best game ever so far! We laughed so long about it after.
Hahahahaha....classic.
Ziggymarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Pistol-Play Geek

I had one of those "Who are you and what side of the field did you just come from" moments. I didn't have the pistol this round, but I had just bought this TiPX.

So, were doing a classic round of capture the base. We (3 of us) had been running the far right outer edge of the field. Knowing they just wanted to run up the center. the corner of the woodsball field doubled as a speedball field. We were almost at the furthest corner from both bases, on our way to the other one. Everything was dead quiet.

I'm walking now, can't see anyone or even hear them. One of my buddies was following closely behind me. The guy I lent my pistol to was hiding in the speedball field. We look left and realize the captain of the other team is passing us, alone. Finally we both stop and look at each other. Couldn't see each other's armbands, so we stood there for a second. Then, suddenly we open fire I take one to the arm. The guy behind me took a pretty one to the face. Our man in the speedball field comes sliding in on his knees from behind for a surrender. We later find out he hadn't even pierced the 12gram.

Proud to be a Fluffy Striped Hyena!
AsaBerdahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Pinnacle Paintball

CCM Fan
My first big game playing with my TiPX was a cold/wet/windy Halloween game last fall. I had originally planned on playing with my T2, but a friend showed up last minute and need a marker so I used the TPX. One side of the field had a large uphill town section with heavy trees down one side. I was standing at the bottom of the hill with a ref and another player right on the treeline waiting for the rain to let up a little when an opposing player stepped out of the treeline maybe 20 yards away and started sniping across field. I drew one balled him in the shoulder and reholstered before he even knew we were there. The ref was laughing so hard she had problems calling the guy out.

Pinnacle Paintball
www.pinnaclepaintballsupply.com

Your Canadian Pump Paintball Supply
SnowZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ambassador of the sport

Second time out with my TipX I consecutively out snap-shot 3 space gun wielding speedballers and one of my team mates who uses a tm-15.
I was amazed at how fast I could snap shoot with just the pistol, and they kept lining up at the same spot. Knocked em down like bowling pins and after the game a lot of jaws were on the floor.
That was the moment that sold me on pistol play. I've been playing mostly with the TipX for a couple months now and haven't done quite that well since, but chasing that feeling will drive me in this style of the game for a long time I think.
Every time I out shoot an experienced player with a $1000 gun using naught but my humble, unmodified TipX, it's an ego boost. I'm trying to keep that in check
Jaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
Every time I out shoot an experienced player with a $1000 gun using naught but my humble, unmodified TipX, it's an ego boost. I'm trying to keep that in check
Waiting to do my first tipx game. Won't be until January.
But I love It when I take out people with my $130 GOG Enmey though.

My favorite game to date is when I ran up, took out 2 guys and surrendered a 3rd. All in one play.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

ahhhh, today was my first outing since coming back from school and remiinded me of what i have been missing!

I play with a Chrome Zeus G2, thing is a beast. I love it though. Sent 1000's of rounds through it, and cant remember any problems that have required any major tech. I love it.

We were playing indoor on a sand field today, and normally I hate respawn games, (where if you are hit you touch your home wall and are free to go again), but today i just gave a yell each time and ran around like a chicken with its head cutt off. Was a hell of a lot of fun. I swear i made people jump out of their packs, when i bolted right by their bunkers..also more often then not i would get shot at by my own team, as they werent expecting to have someone on their team running behind the enemy teams back line. I love the mobility offered by pistol play.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

Hahaha, you were the "what the hell is he doing?" guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunklen View Post
ahhhh, today was my first outing since coming back from school and remiinded me of what i have been missing!

I play with a Chrome Zeus G2, thing is a beast. I love it though. Sent 1000's of rounds through it, and cant remember any problems that have required any major tech. I love it.

We were playing indoor on a sand field today, and normally I hate respawn games, (where if you are hit you touch your home wall and are free to go again), but today i just gave a yell each time and ran around like a chicken with its head cutt off. Was a hell of a lot of fun. I swear i made people jump out of their packs, when i bolted right by their bunkers..also more often then not i would get shot at by my own team, as they werent expecting to have someone on their team running behind the enemy teams back line. I love the mobility offered by pistol play.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms