mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 11-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Rec Poster

You should be able to cut back the barrel back to the oring, then freak bore it and cit the front to accept a spyder barrel and you'd be set.
Tygen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

Cool to see some interest in these, I took one apart and fixed it for a friend bout 10ish years ago, I thought it was a pretty decent design... looked hella cool with the feed removed too
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
Real Nurse

Send a message via AIM to nickydp33

Brass N Wood Fan
remember when i was a kid always wanted one, might have to pick one up off the bay and work on it.
nickydp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

My son wanted a pistol to fool around with last year, his tastes and mine are not the same but I set him up and he likes it. The mag is now frontload, the 12g has the redesigned lever we made for the Delta68 and the polish all matches. This one uses phantom pierce pins but the rap4 t68 pierce pins will fit also.

Hi Ho Silver!
Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:17 AM   #15 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Ok, had a brainstorm last night and I need you guys to talk me out of it lol....

The idea is basically to mill out the 12g pocket to fit a Palmer's Stabilizer, replace the pierce seal on the stock valve assembly with a 1/8" npt threaded plug and use a short pipe nipple between the two to connect them. Then use hardline or microline out of the side input port of the Stab, through the grip into a CCI bucket changer. These will all of course require other mods to support the idea, but I'm looking at just the meat and potatoes right now. From my initial measurements, it looks like the Stab can fit at the front if I mill out the front and sides of the 12g pocket and would be centered so that the nipple could be used to connect it to the valve assembly.

Then of course other tricks would be required to get it to work on lower pressures, maybe changing out the valve to an LP spyder valve, adding the pictured external volume chamber, etc.

So what do you guys think? Worthwhile idea, or no? I've always been curious what could be achieved out of a regulated LP 12g setup on a blowback poppet valve, and if any significant increase in efficiency/consistency could be had. I may just mock up the components externally and plum them to the gun for testing to see if it's worth doing all the work to package it.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:20 PM   #16 (permalink)

In the words of Arnie in Predator
"Doooo It!"
biteweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:32 AM   #17 (permalink)
Ambassador of the sport

Yeah, do it for sure.
That will do wonders for performance if you are sticking with 12 grams and be a great conversation starter.
Jaws is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms