mcarterbrown.com

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:34 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowZone View Post
I run an NXE upside down and loop a dropleg dump pouch through the suspenders loop. Works well!
That's an idea. I am getting into pistol only player and have been trying to get ideas on the rig.
visor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:40 PM   #22 (permalink)
Handgoon

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by visor View Post
That's an idea. I am getting into pistol only player and have been trying to get ideas on the rig.
be prepared to spend a decent chunk of coin and go through multiple rigs before you find the one that clicks

MY FEEDBACK
skullcandy1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:55 PM   #23 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
Multiple being the operative word.

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback
tlane77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:39 PM   #24 (permalink)

Yea I always spend a good deal of money on soft goods. I remember when I went from a pod pack to a molle vest. Then I remember going from electro/semi to a pump. I figure my first purchase won't be my last. It is why I am trying to find out all that I can and look at as many photos as possible.
visor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:49 PM   #25 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
It goes like this:

You go with a vest. Get the goodies for the vest. Spend hours getting everything in the correct order and column. Then most likely without using it.....you change it, and change it, and change it.

Then.....you say screw it and say you're going with a belt, minimal stuff, and reload on the field. Rinse and repeat the like vest for the belt.

Then.....you go back to the vest.

All the while you're buying and selling everything.

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback
Old 01-22-2013, 08:45 PM   #26 (permalink)
Stockclass player

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlane77 View Post
It goes like this:

You go with a vest. Get the goodies for the vest. Spend hours getting everything in the correct order and column. Then most likely without using it.....you change it, and change it, and change it.

Then.....you say screw it and say you're going with a belt, minimal stuff, and reload on the field. Rinse and repeat the like vest for the belt.

Then.....you go back to the vest.

All the while you're buying and selling everything.
Ain't that the truth! I find my biggest problem with vests versus belts are that my arms are too damn long to comfortably ever get anything out of a vest while crouching. I'm a lanky dude I guess. Never have that problem with belts.

MCB Feedback
Ebay Feedback
mailmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:50 PM   #27 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
I'm a little too tubby for a vest. Some fit but the will sit high on me.

With belts I have a big *** but no *** to hold it up. This is why I am thinking of grabbing something that's a pod pack more than a web belt.

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback
Old 01-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #28 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailmanmike View Post
Ain't that the truth! I find my biggest problem with vests versus belts are that my arms are too damn long to comfortably ever get anything out of a vest while crouching. I'm a lanky dude I guess. Never have that problem with belts.
Barrel up kydex holster that holds onto the trigger guard helps with otherwise awkward mounting positions.
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:02 PM   #29 (permalink)
Ambassador of the sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlane77 View Post
Multiple being the operative word.
For sure. Only been playing pistols for 3 months and I'm already on my fourth rig.

For me, full vests don't work because they make your target area larger and provide semi hard surfaces on which paint breaks easily. I like baggy clothing on top so that I promote bounces.
Belts move around too much and don't support a tank well while running (I prefer to play with a remote). Suspenders don't fix this problem as everything still bounces around.
I've found that the best weight/target profile/stability combo for the gear I like to use is pretty much going to be a double-kidney belt style system (this is the velcro/elastic combination that secures most modern pod packs).

Army Navy stores are a great place to get gear for pistol play. Gun shows also have been a boon for me. You can get a bunch of different gear with a relatively small cash investment- allowing you to play with different set ups.
Jaws is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms