mcarterbrown.com

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'm the same way! I put a screw through the belt loop on the holster to size it tight on my belt. I switched to a pistol belt as soon as I was sure back then what I would carry, I still wear it. It's way more convenient than having it on my pants belt, I got the UTG 'elite'() belt with the mag holders for $12. Those mag holders are just silly... It is a well made belt though.

I use a heavy duty hole punch made for leather and put chicago screws through the belt and anything that I want to stay put.

Bulletproof, even if the velcro opens on the backstrap of the holster, it'll stay on my belt.

It's alot nicer to be able to casually take a belt off without having everything slide to the center, much easier to put it back on as well.
The UTG belt I use has soft side velcro on it's inner face, I could stick hook side velcro to the straps of pouches and holster and anchor them that way, but I prefer my old way.

EDIT: I just looked at that Whiskey two four universal holster, hey that's sweet too, with a 45 degree molle adaptor you could put it anywhere.

Rob

Last edited by agentSmith; 01-24-2013 at 10:26 AM.
agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #12 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
I'm the same way! I put a screw through the belt loop on the holster to size it tight on my belt. I switched to a pistol belt as soon as I was sure back then what I would carry, I still wear it. It's way more convenient than having it on my pants belt, I got the UTG 'elite'() belt with the mag holders for $12. Those mag holders are just silly... It is a well made belt though.

I use a heavy duty hole punch made for leather and put chicago screws through the belt and anything that I want to stay put.

http://assets.academy.com/mgen/28/10...jpg?is=500,500

Bulletproof, even if the velcro opens on the backstrap of the holster, it'll stay on my belt.

It's alot nicer to be able to casually take a belt off without having everything slide to the center, much easier to put it back on as well.
The UTG belt I use has soft side velcro on it's inner face, I could stick hook side velcro to the straps of pouches and holster and anchor them that way, but I prefer my old way.

EDIT: I just looked at that Whiskey two four universal holster, hey that's sweet too, with a 45 degree molle adaptor you could put it anywhere.

Rob
I love my WTF pistol holsters.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post

http://assets.academy.com/mgen/28/10...jpg?is=500,500

Rob
That is an awesome idea! Thanks so much for sharing, I'd never have thought of that myself :P

I'm really leaning towards doing the hole punch thing, as it seems like the easiest way to get everything to work together and stay together haha
Respect yourself, respect your teammates, respect those who we represent, respect all the other players, respect the spectators and respect the game. We play for the love of the game, winning is just an added bonus.

PBNation Feedback 41/0/0
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=473593
MCarterBrown Feedback 12/0/0
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Joe Cool 747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
all work

Smith is right about Chicago screws. They work well for securing your tack, though I use a soldering iron for making holes in nylon web gear.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

It's a sure thing and I love a sure thing. Good idea Nightstar, I do flame the edges to melt things together, but that would do a bangup job!

It does ride low in the tornado, my leather holsters ride higher but I've angled them to match. By angling the holsters you avoid any jab in the side from the long back end of the TPX. I'm able to keep them alot higher by angling them.:

It's a little tough to see the left pistol. I wear it crossdraw and it's angled so the grip runs right down the belt. This tilts the barrel in the back to keep it out of the dirt when I sit or roll over at prone.

The Tornado is high enough to work well on the ground though and it protects the muzzle better than my leather ones, which expose the muzzles on purpose, so I can load 12s in the holster.

Rob

Old 01-24-2013, 07:57 PM   #16 (permalink)
Ambassador of the sport

http://store.glennsarmysurplus.com/l...ster-p629.aspx

This is the one that I am talking about. Per my experience, this seems like a good price.
Jaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

It looks like a good choice. One of the other colors shows the construction better:

It could easily switch to hip or mount on any molle patch. Nice holster!

Rob

Old 01-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #18 (permalink)

Brass N Wood Fan
I use this UTG holster, has worked for my tpx as well as my delta 86. You can get it dirt cheap since it's a closeout model now

Salmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
Twin-Gun Terror

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
I'm a big fan of the Full Clip TiPX/T8 holsters, I mount mine to a BULLE UK drop leg panel:

Not the greatest pic in the world, but the holster is incredibly stable, nice quickdraw too!
Wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #20 (permalink)
Ranger of the South

I picked up a blackhawk thigh rig with my kydex holster. It worked well, especially with the top clips on a belt or on my vest. Works well and doesn't move, but makes it a little harder to squat like I often do. Besides, the only purpose would be to hold it there when walking to/from the field. It is also a bit bulky, even if it is pretty solid.

Look here at post #302. It's the second from the top. What I like about this setup is that there is a lot of flexibility with adjusting. Also, to remove, just push the two top buttons, and no more holster (once you remove it from the leg).

My MCB Feedback

Last edited by longhornjake; 02-03-2013 at 06:49 PM.
longhornjake is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms