mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:22 AM   #31 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

That would be why the bucket changer is there in the pic... That's not exactly where it'll be mounted, it'll be more to the back and probably a little lower, but that's the idea...
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:32 AM   #32 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
That would be why the bucket changer is there in the pic... That's not exactly where it'll be mounted, it'll be more to the back and probably a little lower, but that's the idea...
haha. Well I was on my phone and your pics didn't show. I got the general jist from what you typed. Now that I see the pic are you going to have an internal air line or one ala phantom/automag?
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #33 (permalink)

It'll be internal up to the top of the grip, after that, it will be at least partially exposed. I may channel the body so that it's at least not sticking out like a Phantom line but you'll still be able to see it. My main concern is just that it's not going to snag in a holster, if it doesn't look super-pretty I really don't mind in this case. This one's supposed to be a workhorse, and it already points so well and feels so right in the hand that I can forgive it for being a bit on the ugly side.
FEEDBACK
Old 04-04-2013, 01:48 PM   #34 (permalink)
Needs Nerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
It'll be internal up to the top of the grip, after that, it will be at least partially exposed. I may channel the body so that it's at least not sticking out like a Phantom line but you'll still be able to see it. My main concern is just that it's not going to snag in a holster, if it doesn't look super-pretty I really don't mind in this case. This one's supposed to be a workhorse, and it already points so well and feels so right in the hand that I can forgive it for being a bit on the ugly side.
I think this is gonna look really good. The mock up you did had just the right amount of milsim type edges and wood to look cool for a pistol. Good luck with building it.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:57 PM   #35 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
If the in the grip air doesn't work out, going in front of the trigger wouldn't be so bad on this design. It wouldn't raise the height of the gun at all.
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #36 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dundadun View Post
If the in the grip air doesn't work out, going in front of the trigger wouldn't be so bad on this design. It wouldn't raise the height of the gun at all.
Yea I see 3 places to put the 12 gram that all look decent but in the grip would be ideal.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #37 (permalink)
MCB Member

Have you thought about dumping the reg and filling the grip with the Palmer 12g CART regulator? It just combines the changer and reg into one piece for you.

This would clean up the look and do a fair job of blocking liquid. Combined with a horizontal shoulder holster, a good job I would say!

Either way, a good plan in the hands of the right guy to execute it!

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #38 (permalink)

The only thing keeping me from doing that is that the CART needs to have the 12g removed to make an adjustment, from what I've been told. So chronoing on different days at different fields with different field paint would be an absolute nightmare of wasted 12g's. In my mind, what I have mocked up thus far represents the best compromise of performance, profile, and everyday usability. Believe me, I've considered and shot down lots of ideas that seemed great in my head at first and then had to shoot them down when I realized what they might get in the way of.
FEEDBACK
Old 04-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #39 (permalink)
MCB Member

That's just bizarre. It must've been soooome bad plan that made that happen.
I guess with VAs on most guns why bother to make the same product so everyone can use it?

Like most things, we're nobody's target market.

I've done the same thing with guns I've built, people see the simple end result and never imagine the trail of destroyed ideas and cast off parts that led to there!

I can't wait to shoot it!

I'm doing friday night at LL6 and leaving. It conflicts with HS' Day of the Rangers game this year.

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:51 AM   #40 (permalink)

I won't be making it out that way this year. Not that I don't want to hang with everyone and participate in the madness but I have to admit I got left with a bit of a sour taste from it last year. And before anyone wants to spin that into something, that's just my opinion and mine alone, I'm not speaking for my team on that one. I believe there is a small group of us that will be there I just won't be one of them.

There any other big games out at HS this year that I could try convincing the team to look into, Rob?
FEEDBACK

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms