mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Sidearms (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/sidearms/)
-   -   Gathering Thoughts/Ideas: GOG eNMEy Pistol? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/sidearms/229146-gathering-thoughts-ideas-gog-enmey-pistol.html)

PistolRogue 03-19-2013 02:33 AM

Gathering Thoughts/Ideas: GOG eNMEy Pistol?

I'd like to preface this thread with: I don't normally do this. I really can't stand posting about what I'm planning to do, rather than just doing it first and posting the results. But as this subforum has become sort of a home for me (even though it gets slow at times), I figured I'd do this to get some feedback and ideas I might not have come up with so readily on my own, and avoid some trial and error.

Some of you have seen Calamity, my springfeed-converted TPX...

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e4...alamityCA3.jpg

The idea here will be similar. I've still got several ACP 2.0 mags that I bought when I was considering doing short-run Calamity conversions, and the majority of the other parts I either already have, or are already on the gun and just need to be relocated.

http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server23....1280.1280.jpg

The reg and vert ASA will simply be re-mounted so they point forward and the reg sits horizontal beneath the barrel, which will be a .683" Evil Pipe back with one of the old Spec Ops C-series tips on it. Conveniently enough this is the perfect length to mate up with the ACP mag when it's mounted over the feed.

The body will be replaced with 1.25" ID Delrin tubing for a cleaner look. I could hack up the existing body and use it but it would look like just that: a hackjob. For $12-15 I can get a foot of tubing and cut/drill/mill it to do what I need it to.

Air supply.... Is where things get tricky. I've got this sort of "glutton for punishment" thing when it comes to 12g's. I've hated them on every gun I've used them on so far, with the exception of the CCM SR1. Now understanding what a reg can do for a 12g setup, I'm going to test this setup by hooking a CCI bucket changer directly to the reg via macroline, chrono it in, and do as much of a torture/efficiency test as I can. I want to see how many shots per 12ie I can get, how long it takes the reg and internals to start freezing up, etc... At 190 psi, I shouldn't see any liquid through the gun, but theory and reality rarely coexist peacefully in my world. So, if I see 30+ shots and little evidence of reliability suffering, I'll got with a bucket changer-in-grip setup similar to Dukie's DSP frames.

If 12g's are again a miserable failure, I'll simply go with a remote line setup similar to my Zeus rig, with a QD nipple at the bottom of the frame, with line coming out of the frame at the top of the grips and down the side of the gun to the reg.

All told this should result in a pistol the is similar in height, if not a little shorter than a Zeus, slightly longer, with a removable barrel, WAY less weight, and regulated consistency. It will wind up a little funky looking but have a nice short trigger pull and integrated iron sights (which I may modify to accept fiber optic sight pipes).

Your thoughts?

Edit 3/28/13:

Mockup:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e4...psc1632808.jpg

Reg/ASA will be moved forward and tucked into the back of the feed so that it's flush with the back-cap. Breech will be covered with a relatively plain tube body, hardline from top of bucket to the reg fitting. This design keeps it a 2-tube height, allows easy access to the reg for adjustment and makes it almost impossible to hold the pistol at any angle where excessive amounts of liquid will enter the reg, even pointed down or holstered. The reg can supposedly handle CO2 but I like the extra safety of keeping liquid out of it.

Mar 03-19-2013 07:06 AM

GET OUT OF MY HEaD!

I was thinking side-saddling the reg or doing in like the AGD sydarm... been looking at this since it came out, and after my vibe pistol...

any figures with a twelvie?

PistolRogue 03-19-2013 08:24 AM

Not yet, I couldn't find what the hell I did with my bucket changer before work last night (aka my testing facility lol), but I just found it and will try to rig together a test tonight if I have the time. I'm hoping the low-pressure setup is going to result in good numbers, frankly if I can't get into the 30 plus (above 250 fps) range I'm not even going to bother.

Manning 03-19-2013 10:41 AM

Nice. Can you make the feed out of tubing and just toss the ACP mags? They just add bulk in my opinion and unless you are planning on swapping them during the game you don't need more than a normal spring fed tube attached to the body. It could (probably should) be removeable methinks, but you could make it a one piece job. 12gs at that pressure should get you 30 shots I think, depending in how the valve is.

Crimson Death 03-19-2013 01:44 PM

I've been thinking of this ever since I got my eNMEy lol.

PistolRogue 03-19-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manning (Post 2658668)
Nice. Can you make the feed out of tubing and just toss the ACP mags? They just add bulk in my opinion and unless you are planning on swapping them during the game you don't need more than a normal spring fed tube attached to the body. It could (probably should) be removeable methinks, but you could make it a one piece job. 12gs at that pressure should get you 30 shots I think, depending in how the valve is.

I like the ACP's simply because they're a one-shot solution I can still buy more of on ebay and I don't have to actually fabricate a damn thing :p They also "shroud" the barrel somewhat so that when I want to reholster I'm not catching the front of the holster between the barrel and the mag.

You want a tube feed? Have at it, I'm not stopping you :p

Manning 03-19-2013 06:46 PM

I want it, just need someone else to make it. :D

PistolRogue 03-20-2013 06:38 AM

Got my 12g testing rig all built (all of 5 minutes), loaded up a hopper, aired up the gun... Held the chrono over the barrel annnnddddd..... The chrono's battery is dead. Goddammit. Try again tomorrow.

For what it's worth, even dryfiring I couldn't get any kind of snow to come out of the barrel in 40 degree weather. That's more than I could say about any other gun I've ever used 12g's on. It is shooting low though, I'm 99.9% sure. With the Pipe back alone it should be much louder shooting at field speed, if my G1 is any indication. Of course that's got an L7 in it which have historically been louder than the L6's.

sQuidvision 03-21-2013 10:21 PM

i wouldn't be surprised if you discover its quieter than you'd expect. Cool idea btw! i was the owner of calamity for all of 3 days before i was convinced to trade it to str8boostn, but if its workmanship is an indication of whats to come i will be watching this thread closely!

PistolRogue 03-22-2013 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sQuidvision (Post 2661521)
i wouldn't be surprised if you discover its quieter than you'd expect. Cool idea btw! i was the owner of calamity for all of 3 days before i was convinced to trade it to str8boostn, but if its workmanship is an indication of whats to come i will be watching this thread closely!

Hahaha he was absolutely rabid about picking that up :ROTFL: But you made an offer first so it went to you.

Still haven't gotten to test it, it's been a zoo here at work and too many bigshots making surprise visits so I haven't been able to sneak out to the parking lot to do any testing. I might just hook up the bucket rig at the chrono range at Cousins this Sunday since I'm playing at the big game there anyway.

The more I think about this project though, the more excited I get. Besides not looking as much like real-steel as I'd like it to, this concept pretty much covers and fixes every flaw of every other pistol format I've tried. So even if I have to do a vert ASA with a 4 oz tank ala Calamity, instead of 12 grams, I could live with that for the other benefits. Now I just need to continue scraping cash together to fund this and a few other bucket list projects.