mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

An old girl comes home to get ready to leave again.

When the TPX came out in 09 I gave my Miltec G2 to a young player at our local field. We called him Private Ryan and he had earned our respect on the field and off. He carried it with pride and honor and shot some serious folks with it.

Time and tide carry on and 'Private Ryan' may well soon be actual private Ryan.

Through the good offices of Tinman, I have her again and I must say she looks more well taken care than I could have dreamed.

A new Phantom pierce pin and a swab was all she needed.

She's a beauty:

That pistol has shot both Gardners, some Philly Americans, some dynasty players and a TON of great scenario players. It's run alongside Red and Blue(Hastings and Hanse that is...) and hundreds of other players I respect and admire.

It's got alot of shoot left, so what do I do????

My pair of coyote TiPXs are my true love, but a pistol that served me so well for so many years doesn't deserve a trip to ebay next to the cat turd shaped like Elvis!

Tinman even got my original COPS911 holster and barrelsock with it!!!

What do I do???

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rec Poster

He did take amazing care of it. I'd look to find another young person coming into the game. Pistol is great for younger folks that don't want to/can't haul a heavy marker around, and it teaches them not to "camp" while playing.

(And for us older, heavier, lazier guys, who don't need added bulk from tubes and big tanks lol)
Old 04-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I would say offer her up here so she can still be loved (maybe by someone who uses a slow loading First Strike Platform and is looking for a backup and has a name that could refer to a bottom feeding fish or perhaps a character in an older movie)

Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Don't offer her up here, too many whores who will pass it around for the next shiny object... Although I will say, she deserves to be sent off to Smiley for one of his CO2 changers; stainless on brass is soooooooo much smoother than aluminum on aluminum and much more user friendly for the next young buck to earn his or her shot with it. Plus, they're captured so no worries about ever losing it. Just put some blue loctite on the ASA threads and fuhgeddaboutit.

Keep the tradition going, even if you have to entrust the decision to one of your teammates who plays more often, I'd keep handing it off to young pistoleros-to-be with the promise that they do the same when they're ready to move on to something else.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Autocannibal

AKA Fan
Get a mid back or over shoulder holster setup on your pistol rig and keep it there in case you get caught reloading.

Feedback
tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Handgoon

Brass N Wood Fan
If you do put it up here I would suggest only putting it in the members section, and be careful who you sell it to. Some people are known whores (I say that with love) and I don't think that they would appreciate it in the way it deserves.

MY FEEDBACK
skullcandy1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Rain-Man005,
I agree, however at my own field I would loan out one of my TPX rigs now. It's nice having 6 of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flounder View Post
I would say offer her up here so she can still be loved (maybe by someone who uses a slow loading First Strike Platform and is looking for a backup and has a name that could refer to a bottom feeding fish or perhaps a character in an older movie)
Flounder, I would rather speed up your first strike platform than make her be a backup!

Here, take a mount that fits the feed of your gun. put a rail on the mount. make springloaded boxes with a U shaped trench for 5 sideways first strikes. They will go around the U and into the gun sideways. when the follower, which is pushing the first strikes gets to the end it unlocks that 5rd box and another is advanced behind it down the rail into position.

Like splatmaster rapide mag, but instead of rotating to a new slot, it will advance on a rail. combined with a 5rd burst this should put you at 20 or more bps with first strikes.

I'd patent that if I was you!!!

Rogue,
Mine is captured, though not nearly so attractive as Smileys!
That is the default plan, to hand it off, just fishing for all the alternatives. You know how us pistolfolk are, bein' one yer ownself!

Tiny,
I've always carried 2 pistols, haven't been shot while reloading in 27 years. That's what makes this pistol not a good fit for everyone, it's large enough that a smaller person would be tempted to carry only one... I bought 2 G2s when they came out in 02, replacing the punisher pistol which came a few years before them. I was never tempted to carry 2 of them, I always used a different model for pistol #2.

Skullcandy,
Wherever it goes, I'm not taking any money for it! so you can bet I'll be picky..

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
www.armorsquad.com

I say keep her for the memories and the times when it feels good to go back. My zeus will never leave me and even though I enjoy my TPX, I just don't think it measures up to it's pistol companion.

I just spent time rebuilding my chest rig as the rain fell tonight.

( If it has to go somewhere, I'll take care of her)
Matt

trueblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
My Hands Shake

This is very VERY out there and pretty awkward feeling for me to ask but, Is there a chance I could use it? I know you have no clue who I am, but I love using my TiPX and want to try some other pistols. I'd be willing to pay.
Fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
I'd be inclined to keep it for the memories. This one might be worth a spot on your wall.
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms