mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Why is my luck so bad with (new) pistols...

Every pistol besides the old zeus TI I owned has treated me horrible.

2 TiPX out of box chopped (made a noise of air releasing out of the trigger guard as trigger pulled). Didn't have time to troubleshoot due to changing commands.

2 T8.1s (friends) broken on day one of use. (Friend who doesn't take care of them took them apart and probably didn't put them together right. (Didn't have time to troubleshoot but he says I can have em if I fix em.' I am going home soon for a week, so I am motivated to figure it out and get em fixed).

A few more here and there too. It seems like my problem is time to fix em'

I really enjoyed the times when the TPX's worked though... Really want to try again, but I took a hit on selling them and don't want a repeat...

Oooh, a splatmaster treated me great though!

Feedback +25|-0
YouTube|flickr
shadow_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

I'll never be convinced by magfed pistols. The Zeus treated you well because it's a much simpler and more reliable feed design.
If someone made a top-mag pistol with the 12ie in the grip (to cut down on height), I'd be sold. I loved the old Sidekick line.

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

I just talked to my cousin back home, apparently the T8.1's leak out the barrel and a little out the back (near the reg)

Feedback +25|-0
YouTube|flickr
Old 04-12-2013, 08:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf425 View Post
I'll never be convinced by magfed pistols. The Zeus treated you well because it's a much simpler and more reliable feed design.
If someone made a top-mag pistol with the 12ie in the grip (to cut down on height), I'd be sold. I loved the old Sidekick line.
make one out of an eNMEy
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Problem is I would like a reliable mag fed pistol. It's not like I don't maintain/take care of things either. :[

Feedback +25|-0
YouTube|flickr
Old 04-13-2013, 02:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
With my old Tpx I ran the living crap out of it. Dove into sand/paint used it as a cushion to dive on. It worked great until I traded it. I hope the one I have now works great too. It seems to be a 50/50 chance that you find one that works every time. Give it another shot. Try the TiPX it has the upgrades that were getting put into the TPXs while they were working on them.
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

I had the same issue/s, which is why 4 TPX's and 6 T8/8.1's later the Zeus is still firmly in the holster of my pistol belt.

Actually, my problems were never failures of the mechanicals so much as failures of the designs. T8's- mags too heavy to carry enough paint without reloading mags on the field and that was a pain in the balls. TPX- 8 round mags crushed paint and jammed. 7 round mags with the lighter springs got the slightest amount of sand/dirt/dust in them and jammed. Made my TPX an overhead springfeed like my Zeus and that was the most functional it ever was for me. Then the grip angle kept bothering me and back to the Zeus and a proper 1911 frame I went.

Now I'm building one out of an eNMEy, lighter than the Zeus, removable barrel, great frame, great trigger, regulated, and it'll be overhead spring feed for reliability. Just can't beat 10-round tubes, as far as I'm concerned.
FEEDBACK

Last edited by PistolRogue; 04-13-2013 at 03:09 AM.
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
Bestial Bowman

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Yeah, I found myself working my way back to using ten-shooters too after a relatively brief stint with the two main magfeds - less working parts, less things that can go wrong with it!
The first pistol I used (and my first actual marker) was a T68 pistol, so I guess using tubes will always feel more natural to me. Besides, this Nellie just shoots soooo good I can't see myself using anything else again (Smiley did an awesome job with it)!

My teammates TiPX though has never had a problem with it, I just don't find it comfortable to use. I borrowed it for a game last week while he tried out the Nellie and I was genuinely suprised at how well it performed after the amount of time I'd been using my 8.1. You barely notcied the mags on your hip.
Last game I ran with my 8.1, I somehow blew every O-ring in it bar two of the mags. I guess it didn't like the amount of mud you get on a field during the British winter!

STRIDERS Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6m9S2HYH7A-YVZzoq9QkBw
STRIDERS on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stride...98060457001863

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcheb View Post
Despite their proximity, the Wolfman from Leeds is not related to any werewolf in London, but he is first cousins with the Northern Mi dogman.

Last edited by Wolfman; 04-13-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

I think I've been lucky with respect to the pistols I have owned.

T68 pistol, never went wrong, reliable feed, simple.. oh so simple to maintain, never changed any o-rings, just a bit of oil. Brilliant.

SA-17 once I de-nerfed the co2 change, brilliant, good feed, heavy rain caused a leak, fixed by changing one oring, brilliant, but never really hit anyone with it...

T8.0 , bolt jammed forward on broken shell, caused by a fumbled mag change on the first time I used it. Cleaned, maintained never went wrong again.

And current T9.0 - no problems except a few barrel breaks, regulator works really well, I get silly consistency shot to shot over a big red, pretty much 0 variance up until the pressure drop, no seriously!, then it drops down by 3-10. When it jumps its between 3-5fps variance, when it jumps.....

It sounds like you have had bad luck, keep trying, you may get lucky!
biteweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Phantom Lords

CCM Fan
yeah, i never had any issues with my 8.1, and my TPX has performed perfectly. it does seem like the TPX tends to be more of a "hit or miss" marker though; i read about a decent amount of problems people have with them. most of them seem to be involved with HPA though, while i use solely 12 g's

my feedback
Reloadro is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms