mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Exitus Acta Probat

CCM Fan
SA-17 - Undoing the Nerf

I picked up a refurb roxxor deal on an SA-17 just to check it out, as I haven't messed around with a blowback pistol since I sold my Overlord. I had heard there was a nerf to the quick change, what with it supposedly packing an underslung 12 Gram CO2 Rocket.

Looking at the one I have in front of me, was the only change the two sliding clip like things inside the 12'ie chamber?

If that's the case, thinking of trying to either sand down the clips for easier release of the co2 cartridge, or removing them entirely - if that would be safe. I have not had the pleasure of seeing the non-nerfed models in action (or how their non nerfed retention systems worked.

Thoughts are appreciated.

- Feedback -
Two-Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
I un-nerfed mine. Inside the 12g chamber there is one retainer clip and two safety clips. Before the nerf, there was just two retainer clips. You can order the retainer clips online and just remove the two safety clips and add one more retainer clip and you're golden. I tried it with just one retainer and the 12g wouldn't seal and leaked.
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

My recommendation is the same as always, though not directly nerf related:

The lever, like I put on that Delta. Of course repositioned and resized for the BT.

If you put a loop on the door with the catch inside the loop, it puts your hand in the right place to catch the 12 and then you can let the whole pistol hang from the lever as you get the new co2 ready and in, then it's an easy foldup.
This should cut the change time noticeably.

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exitus Acta Probat

CCM Fan
I was actually looking into repurposing/chopping up a weaver accessory ring mount and placing it directly on the bottom rail for just that purpose.

- Feedback -
Two-Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Mine has the old clip, none of the sliding retaining clip(?). I never had any shoot out when I was changing 12gs.

Back when I used it regularly I had a scope ring mounted on the door for a little extra grip when changing out, and fits fine in most of the holsters this marker will fit in. Everytime I had a full foregrip mounted there it was too easy to open it up on accident

http://www.xtremepaintballpark.com/

Main: Twin TipX
PGP or Enmey, depending on my mood
Grider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grider View Post
Mine has the old clip, none of the sliding retaining clip(?). I never had any shoot out when I was changing 12gs.

Back when I used it regularly I had a scope ring mounted on the door for a little extra grip when changing out, and fits fine in most of the holsters this marker will fit in. Everytime I had a full foregrip mounted there it was too easy to open it up on accident

I did the scope ring trick with mine, works a treat. I also removed the front retainer clip but left the back one in. It sealed fine (most of the time).I did my first scenario game without the scope ring and boy were my fingers sore at the end. I added the scope ring and after a lot of practice I got the change down to two seconds.
I also practiced enough times to make the mistake of closing the door on the skin of the palm of my hand with a full 12gram!. Had to shoot air off to get it to open
biteweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Yeeouchies!!!
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:18 AM   #8 (permalink)

Yep it hurt. Its not the only paintball misshap I have had (dropped two tibby mags on my left foot! and managed to launch a T9 barrel across the room) but it was the most painfull!
biteweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
Rec Poster

You had to open it to get your skin out? Ouch, never done that one. Now that I'm at the house I see that I still have the two original clips in, squeezed together and centered. Whenever I put a fresh 12g in I'd always slide it back to the seal before closing, the lever would drop the neck just enough to burst it before piercing. When I pulled the spent ones out I'd slide it forward and hook my thumb on the neck to strip it out.

http://www.xtremepaintballpark.com/

Main: Twin TipX
PGP or Enmey, depending on my mood
Grider is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms