mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 12:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

I've generaled enough games myself that I'm chiming in, though Nothing would make me happier than not feeling called upon to.

Complain about a general attacking when he should be defending or defending when he should be attacking, recruiting, etc and I will have your back. Even when he's me.

But that's all frosting for the 'leaving the field' cake.

I've left the field to cool off.
I've talked others into leaving the field to cool off.
I've physically dragged people I know, away from a confrontation on the field.

I've also once defended a person being physically attacked, whereupon I subdued and slightly damaged the attacker, who was so stupid he WOULDN'T leave the field to cool off.

So if you complain about an American citizen going where he feels he needs to go because it inconveniences your little fun time, I'll be behind you but I won't be backing you up.
I'll be snickering at what a spoiled brat you sound like.

Agreeing to general has never had giving up my legal, civil, and personal rights on the little paper, that I have seen. I guess the sheet you all work from, has that on there?

The Ford Report? Impressive name.... GIGO. They like the drama, it gives them hits! They'll let any one who wants, rant however they want, as long as they can't be sued.

It cracks me up that this is in the sidearm section instead of the scenario section.
Way to make it obviously an attack on Angel personally, instead of pretending it's anything else! Not that the title leaves any doubt.

Once upon a time an attack thread like this would get you banned here.
I miss those days and wish they weren't so obviously gone forever....

Rob

Last edited by agentSmith; 06-24-2013 at 01:02 AM.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:08 AM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
Way to make it obviously an attack on Angel personally, instead of pretending it's anything else!
Seems the article did a fine enough job of that?
Old 06-24-2013, 06:07 AM   #13 (permalink)

For attention of "The $aint" - What exactly does this have to do with SIDEARMS? In fact what was the purpose of posting it here in the first place? Do you like to stir trouble for no benefit to anyone?

Antonio may have an ego you don't like or agree with but there is no point to this article what so ever. And posting it here??

I think the mods should close this thread immediately or move it to the Scenario section at least
Old 06-24-2013, 09:54 AM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

I didn't trust myself to go any further towards there last night after coming home from a weekend game, Biteweasel.
While what I had to say was true and would have performed the public service of getting this thread locked, my experience tells me my posts would have simply been deleted and $aint's would be left on forever.
I get the same level of support from our mod staff that Antonio seems to.

I must say that like generaling, being someone's friend is a tricky job that the taker often regrets.

If this is how the $aint treats 'somewhat a friend', then being his friend is a job even I'M not stupid enough to take, though I still consider generaling....

Dave Massey, one of the owners of Hell Survivors and I were just laughing this weekend about the former owner of a major paintball company that generaled at HS a few years ago. He was so falling down drunk by lunch saturday that his own employees had to hustle him away and too sick and hung over to even return at all on sunday.

Would you like to know how much chaos there was? How much drama?

NONE.

Because Hell Survivors is run by capable businessmen who advertise and control their own games.

If you general, your recruiting will be DONE BY THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE THE MONEY.

Not left up to a LONE guy who has already volunteered to help the business make money.

Noone gives one of our general's enough drama to cause that general to need to walk off, because the Drama Generator would be receding taillights by then with a lifetime BAN from the premises for company.

Blaming a player inside the game for how the game is being run from the outside is just stupid, but hey it gives them something to hack on someone about....

I guess I feel kind of the way about CPX that the $aint does about Antonio. From the honor system BS chaos of the chrono situation to the way they handle the business side, they could really use some mentoring from Blue Hanse, Dave massey and Ed Stapleton(none of whom of course, are perfect either, only way better and smarter) on how to run a major field.

Rob

Last edited by agentSmith; 06-24-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:37 AM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

What bearing does your perceived mishandling of the game by CPX have on Antonio agreeing to take the role of General then cancelling two days before the event based on lies, only to call back a few hours before the game to beg for a free hotel room and gas money, then hanging up like a dick when he met half way and offered more reasonable accommodations? He agreed to fill a role, do a job, take on a responsibility, accept an honor, and he failed to do so in a way that is disrespectful to literally everyone else involved.

When a field owner or event coordinator asks someone to be a General, they make the choice for very specific reasons. They want someone popular/famous enough in the community to draw a big crowd, someone with a means of widely promoting the event within the community, someone with a big personality and experience in the game. The experience is tailored to the General; I have enjoyed talking tech with Jack Rice and Tom Kaye, pounding beers with Bob Long and Greg Hastings, and ogling boobies with Nicky Cuba... All of whom do a great job of being over-the-top and fun while still fulfilling their promotional obligations.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:48 PM   #16 (permalink)

Maybe Antonio was just having a bad day? Maybe he didn't account for the cost of a hotel and gas?
He was essentially chosen as a General to pull in crowds, he did after all put CPX on the map so to speak.
And I don't think they pay Generals to play, they don't in the UK, if they do in the US that is a bit strange.
Maybe he took on more than he could handle and he got stressed out, whatever, I don't know, nor does he really have to explain himself to anyone.
And cancelling based on lies??? How on earth do you know that he lied??, were you there being lied to?
SPeculation Speculation Speculation!
I still don't see what this has to do with Sidearms. Oh I get it he uses pistols, and might come on here and read this.....

I'm not a MOD but I will now attempt to mentally lock this thread. hommmmmmm
Old 06-24-2013, 01:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

Did anyone actually read this article?

Quote:
Originally Posted by biteweasel View Post
Maybe he didn't account for the cost of a hotel and gas?

...And cancelling based on lies??? How on earth do you know that he lied??, were you there being lied to?
He claimed he couldn't go because didn't want to get a speeding ticket. Then he claimed his license had been suspended. A few days after the event he posted online that he had just got another speeding ticket.

He was offered free bus tickets and a place to stay at a house nearby. He said he wanted a free hotel room and gas money instead and hung up when he didn't get what he wanted (at 10pm the night before the event, literally hours from the start of the event). Those are things that should have been discussed well in advance if he felt they were an issue, but even then he was offered transportation and housing and decided to hold out for a bigger freebie.

Quote:
he did after all put CPX on the map so to speak.
What?

Quote:
Maybe Antonio was just having a bad day?

Maybe he took on more than he could handle and he got stressed out, whatever, I don't know, nor does he really have to explain himself to anyone
He made a commitment... All the other issues aside, he made a commitment well in advanced and bailed on it hours before the start of the event. A mature person understands that "a bad day" is something you buck up and deal with when you've made a commitment, grit your teeth and get it done. Being married, having a job, etc require that particular skill set. It's part of being an adult.

As for explaining himself, well, several thousand people showed up and paid good money to play that day - many traveled from across the country, took time of from work, got hotels, rented cars took planes... These people were all disrespected by him and his behavior. Yes, an explanation and apology are due.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
all work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
Did anyone actually read this article?
I did, what a poorly written butthurt character (akimbo)assasination piece.

I don't know the principals beyond their internet personnas but I can smell a steaming pile when I'm near it. Kelly Chavers Brenna(the author of this schlok) seems to think a fellow who's business is promoting himself has an obligation to do the work of the event promoter. He then goes on to launch personal attacks in a whiny tone all the while claiming "** Everything I have stated is true. I have emails and text messages supporting each of his quoted statements.**" This phrase alone causes me to reflexively dismiss any of the author's claims. It's like a used car sales pitch. If you have the data grow a sack and publish it or else STFU.

Notoriety begets haters and that's all I'm seeing.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #19 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"

Freedom goes both ways. Sometimes people will use their freedoms/rights in ways you won't like. That's the nature of things.

So sure, you're free to leave the field, walk out of an event, whatever. People do it all the time.

But that also means people should be free to speak up about such behaviors.

Trampling one freedom or right in the process of defending another shows a badly stunted thought process.
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
This thread is already being discussed elsewhere. Maybe a mod will see fit to take this out of the sidearms section and do a thread merge.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms