mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

SA17 is cocker threaded at the front. Won't be able to use Pipe tips, as they're female threaded, but you can use any cocker barrel for an extension if you want. The rifle kit they make comes with a mock suppressor that is also a barrel extension.

Although, if you want to stick a 10-12" barrel on it I have no idea why you want a pistol anyway, as the whole point is to be shorter and more maneuverable than a regular marker, particularly in CQB.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
SA17 is cocker threaded at the front. Won't be able to use Pipe tips, as they're female threaded, but you can use any cocker barrel for an extension if you want. The rifle kit they make comes with a mock suppressor that is also a barrel extension.

Although, if you want to stick a 10-12" barrel on it I have no idea why you want a pistol anyway, as the whole point is to be shorter and more maneuverable than a regular marker, particularly in CQB.
The USP is the one that has the Pipe threads up front. I had a USP for a while, but had leak issues. I had it as a secondary for when I wanted to be sneaky and crawl, but my primary was more reliable and not very cumbersome, so I stopped using the USP.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Like this...
Tactical Laser for T68 Paintball Pistol
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
That's a good catch, I'd forgotten about those things. Only thing is I'm not sure what threading the USP used for it's cap, as I've seen several different thread styles across different pistols. I know for sure the Zeus uses ASA threads but can't be certain about any other gun.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

There was another company that made them for the WSP, ACP and a few others.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

There's always the universal pistol lasers made for real guns that mounts on the trigger guard...

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #17 (permalink)
...?

I agree that the usp isn't the best choice, for all the predefined reasons. So instead of being productive to society for the last 10 minutes I dug through my parts box and made a laser mount for my old usp. I've been tinkering with it for a little while now (previous owner spray bombed it black... Terribly.) anyway I used the mounting holes on the bottom of the grip and and used some stone age drop forwards. Actually turned out ok. Very rough. But sturdy. So it "can" be done. Just not a rail on the body. I even taped the push but where your middle finger sits. So instead of you wasting your time I wasted mine. But central Illinois doesn't offer much for a Tuesday evening. I would post pics.. But I can not. And yes my usp is a leaky demon as well.
Big Kat 79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
Paint Dribbler

Wow, so much more to think about now!

The only reason I had wanted a barrel extension was if I wanted to do Semi Auto stock class, but there's no easy way to reload the USP. I'll have to do more research.

As for rails, I did manage to find a cheap no-drop rail as well as an ASA that has a rail integrated into it, but the ASA has no business being on a pistol really. I did stumble across the real pistol lasers.
spikeball is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms