mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 07-29-2013, 01:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

TiPXBALL

The Great Lakes Rangers ran the TiPX Challenge at the Monster Game. Sponsored by Tippmann of course, but also by Milsig too. The Stark Pursuit guys were there demoing their new zetamags, so it worked out perfect for me. I conned Tippmann and Hell Survivors into changing the TiPX Challenge from a simple one on one quickdraw to something more fun, TiPXBall! !
We used the Speedball/Xball field and played 2 on 2 total elimination games. Each player started with 1 fully loaded Zetamag. We did normal barrel touch to deadbox starts. All paint exhausted with players in on both teams meant a rematch.
In addition, another fully loaded Zetamag was placed on the ground, under the arch bunker at midfield. The winners in our single elimination tourney each won a free Zetamag.
We had loaner TiPXs with remoted tanks or anyone with their own TiPX that had a valid daily chrono sticker on it's trigger could use their own pistol. One guy had a 16" barrel and a foregrip(didn't help him).
Ammo was simply limited to the single Zetamag, unless you got to the center.

Saturday we had to wait for speedballers to clear out, then had 7 teams competing.
We booted the speedballers sunday and commandeered the field right at the start of lunch hour.
21 TEAMS! There was a great mix of experienced pistol players and those who'd never shot a TiPX, all had a great time. We WILL be doing the 2 on 2 format at Tippmann World Challenge in sep!!

Everyone had a blast, it's a really interesting game type. I didn't mind working and reffing it, i'm too old for all that 'running about' behavior. I think this game format really shows off pistols and pistol play well and I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to promote pistol play at their field.

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
My Hands Shake

It was great fun! Never played a level field with only pistol players and makes me feel great to know I can handle myself on equal terms! Just wish I could have made it to the final for a free zetamag, those things are amazing!
Fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

got pics or vids?
k3nDinio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
My Hands Shake

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3nDinio View Post
got pics or vids?
Midnight Angel recorded Saturday and said he was going to post videos up soon.
Fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

Was a blast on Saturday. Thanks to Hellcat, I was on the winning team and had a great two on one afterwards with MidnightAngel.
Samurai Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

I had a great time.

tim
leperchaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

That Hellcat is one bad paintball player.
I consider myself lucky we snagged her as a Ranger! Her son Hunter's a great player too, thank him for getting all green around the gills or they'd have been a team!
The Stark pursuit guys were doing stills and Skeletor filmed all of it for Tippmann and Blue'sCrew TV plus what Angel got. There should be photographic evidence galore soon!

Rob

Old 07-30-2013, 09:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

A few shots from Stark Pursuit, the top one is me(I reffed) showing off a muzzle elimination. At 40' one player shot another right in the co2 plug. Some here will recognize the guy in the bottom photo even from the back...

For Facebookers
https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/se...5625330&type=1

Rob

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms