mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 08-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Want to see my spaceship?

Scooter, I'll probably look into mounting the feed differently. Just planning it out but nothing concrete yet.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by biteweasel View Post
By dovetail you mean the four little hooks that the mags spring mechanism attaches too?
You should be able to buy just the body of a T68 pistol Though I see your point as that would still be around $50.
Best option would be to file and dremal the rip clip adapter to hook onto the mag attachment mechanism.
dove tail is a 11mm rail used on air rifles and .22 rifles its smaller than our weaver rails used on mil spec can just use dremell to shape a dove tail into the four hooks, if use aluminium dove tails.
these are dove tails

just gave myself an idea if i use these adapters can put a quick release on it attach mag to dove tail without needing gut out disconnect points,
then put standard weaver rail on rip clip mount. since these dove tails are adapters for weaver rails.

Last edited by Scooter139; 08-28-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Scooter139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix01 View Post
Scooter, I'll probably look into mounting the feed differently. Just planning it out but nothing concrete yet.
myself i want keep it quick disconect so can use like a magazine. and if i put some dove tails on marker can have my spare mags cliped to marker for quicker access.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix01 View Post
actualy i figured a easyer way to do it so ball drops right into stock feed neck, might need cut down neck but that fine
using

and

whitch then allow me use

with any side mounted feed neck.
and if have a5 or m98 need the non angled offset from rap4 cause it connects to dove tails.
for say a hammer 7 then only need the top pic. and mag of coarse .

Last edited by Scooter139; 08-28-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #15 (permalink)

Are you thinking of using the dove tail on top of the twenty round mag? if so, the last time I bought three of the mags they had changed the design from the picture you posted. My original twenty round mag was like that, but the newer ones were just longer ten round mags. I would check with rap4 before you buy.
biteweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by biteweasel View Post
Are you thinking of using the dove tail on top of the twenty round mag? if so, the last time I bought three of the mags they had changed the design from the picture you posted. My original twenty round mag was like that, but the newer ones were just longer ten round mags. I would check with rap4 before you buy.
the mags connect to a custom dovetail on the t68 pistol, going connect mag to dove tail then connect that to weaver rail.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:05 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter139 View Post
the mags connect to a custom dovetail on the t68 pistol, going connect mag to dove tail then connect that to weaver rail.
LOL You've lost me, I'll wait for pictures, goodluck with the project, its definitely an interesting one!
biteweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #18 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Dude, just do a top loading mod, buy some ten round tubes, and call it a day. I'm still not even sure what your describing but it just sounds way more bulky and complicated than it needs to be lol...
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:05 PM   #19 (permalink)

While the little clampy things that go on the weever rail sound cool, have you thought about an aftermarket sight rail from an old spyder? Should work with the dove tail
hhenson is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms