mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 12-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #11 (permalink)

Last update on these.

I'm done with these, too leakie and inconsistant. I think I'm done with pistols too now. Nobody make what I want and I don't want to waste anymore time modifying paintball markers to get them to work. I've tried all of the current offering's and nothing comes close performance, consistancy, and reliability wise to what I want to have a good day of paintball.

Getting a GOG eNMEy now. At least one positive from using pistols for all this time is I'll play very differently from your average speedballer/scenario player. I may even mod a springfeed to fit the eNMEy for some "pistol"play.
biteweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
HUG?!

Brass N Wood Fan
Try a Sydarm? Or tippmann or tiberius?
Acidpaintball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:22 PM   #13 (permalink)

I've tried TPX, did not like the mags and had two tibbs (T8 & T9) which never leaked but broke paint so often they became annoying to use. A sydarm would be hard for me to acquire. No I'm giving up on it for now until somebody comes out with a well designed springfed regulated pistol.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
Bestial Bowman

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by biteweasel View Post
I'm done with these, too leakie and inconsistant. I think I'm done with pistols too now.
And so we lose another UK pistol player. Lest we forget.
Haha, only kidding man, you've always got to go with what makes you happy, otherwise what's the point of playing! Said the same thing to Snake a few days ago when he said he was finding pistols too hard and wanted an SAR-12.

Think I might be the only one here soon!
Looking forward to seeing you on the field again sometime soon mate either way.

I'm with you on the TiPX (and Tib) front though; until they come up with a magfed .68 pistol that's ergonomically sound and will last more than 30 seconds I'll stick with the Eraser.

STRIDERS Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6m9S2HYH7A-YVZzoq9QkBw
STRIDERS on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stride...98060457001863

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcheb View Post
Despite their proximity, the Wolfman from Leeds is not related to any werewolf in London, but he is first cousins with the Northern Mi dogman.
Wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #15 (permalink)

If they brought out a 68cal eraser i would be interested. WIth those pistols the plan was to run them with air tanks with a Gommie styled kick up ASA. I'm finding that I don't fit with pistols but equally don't fit with full size markers. After a lot of research the eNMEy looks the best cheap platform to go with. My plan is to run one with a simple stickfeed giving me a high performance "pistol" at least until somebody crack the pistol world with a design that works really really well.
I love playing with a pistol but have found the current crop of marker simply not up to standard. Take the tibby as a case in point. On the surface its well designed but its very picky on paint and is "magfed" in the handle. WHat happens when you break paint? it gets into all of your mags as you play coating each paintball with small dabs of paint turning your super accurate marker into a random firing marker.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:44 AM   #16 (permalink)
Skeet Surfer!

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Does the eraser actually work pretty well? I've been trying to find a smaller pistol to carry since most things of late are getting so huge. I loved my splatmaster but I made the stupid mistake of selling it. In terms of the eraser though, how hard is it to find paint? Is there a brand you like that seems to be more consistent?

Not trying to hijack the thread, sorry.

Ganon's Armory

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
Welcome back buddy! And GanonsGrin is your brother? He is the devil
GanonsGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #17 (permalink)
Bestial Bowman

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanonsGrin View Post
Does the eraser actually work pretty well? I've been trying to find a smaller pistol to carry since most things of late are getting so huge. I loved my splatmaster but I made the stupid mistake of selling it. In terms of the eraser though, how hard is it to find paint? Is there a brand you like that seems to be more consistent?

Not trying to hijack the thread, sorry.
I'm quite fond of mine, shoots roughly on a par with a TiPX; but is more consistant at close range and less consistant at long range. The only real branding for the .43's however is RAP4's offering, which works well enough but is quite a hard shell - so you need to aim for masks/hoppers/etc. Kingman's own brand of .43's are quite brittle and break often.

Just as an aside though (incase it comes across as me hating the TiPX outright), with Snake giving it up I'm gonna work hard at giving it a proper run and see if I can change my mind - I mean, those Fazmags...

STRIDERS Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6m9S2HYH7A-YVZzoq9QkBw
STRIDERS on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stride...98060457001863

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcheb View Post
Despite their proximity, the Wolfman from Leeds is not related to any werewolf in London, but he is first cousins with the Northern Mi dogman.
Wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #18 (permalink)
HUG?!

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by biteweasel View Post
I've tried TPX, did not like the mags and had two tibbs (T8 & T9) which never leaked but broke paint so often they became annoying to use. A sydarm would be hard for me to acquire. No I'm giving up on it for now until somebody comes out with a well designed springfed regulated pistol.
Normally the reason why Tiberius markers would break paint often is that people tighten the screw in the grip frame way too tight. Back it out and it shouldn't break paint anymore.
Acidpaintball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:05 AM   #19 (permalink)

I tried that, my grip frame screws were just tight enough to hold together without unthreading but still it broke paint. Basically unless I used MArballizers the T9 broke 1 in every mag.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:53 AM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

what about a palmers squall? but if the sidearm is no go then this would most likely be as well.

If loud pipes save lives imagine what bright pink helmets could do.

my feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
K_Obeastly is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms