mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Zetamag Bottomcap makes a great cap for any TiPX mag

I had to always manage my gear so that TiPX mags didn't shake loosely. When they flop too much they can drop a ball or 2 out of the mag. Even the zetas have popped one or two out when I get too crazy.
It's caused me to keep my Emdom 6o2 pouches steadily working since I bought them in march of 09, they tightly hold the mag. I have pockets that provided dump space, that were plenty big enough to just hold mags too and clear my belt, but didn't want to deal with that issue.

No longer.

I'll post pics tomorrow, but I found a way to tether the cap into a pocket. For the mag to pull out of the cap properly, the cap must be anchored from the opposite side of the ring on it. So now when I load up pregame, I'll put a mag into the pocket and seat it into it's boot. I'll have no worries about paint coming out and breaking in there and can just naturally pull the mags from my pockets.
SO, the only thing on the new belt I'm making is a brace of pistols! HooAH!!!

Milsig has them for $2, but if you buy over 5 they're $1! An all around great protective cap for TiPX mags of all kinds.

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

Yeah I lost all three of mine the first time I played lol, they pop off while I run along with about 3 or 4 of my paintballs, guess I'm just too fast....the Zetamag and Faz mag combo I purchased was just an overall dissapointment in general.
frotang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

I am not a big fan of combining zetamags with fazmags, but if I were going to do it, I would get some 1/8th inch bungee cord and tether the cap to the fazmag holder, so there was slight tension between the cap and the holder when the zetamag was in place.

This would not only keep you from losing the caps, but keep them from coming off and losing you paint as well. You just have to practice knocking the cap off as you draw the mag.

The devil is in the details with pistol play.
I can tell you honestly from 27 years of pistols-only experience, you are rarely, if ever, going to buy a piece of gear that is ready to use out of the box.
You left that world behind when you picked up a pistol!

Searching for small ways to overcome trouble and improve the efficiency of your gear, practicing methods that help you avoid these kinds of pitfalls is a way of life for the pistol player.

As far as paintball companies are concerned, pistol paintball is only 8 years old and noone that I know of at a paintball company at a decision making level plays primary pistol, has commited to finding out what these new odd fish are all about.
There is not a pool of experience yet to figure these little glitches out before you discover them on the field.

It will get better and better as we go now that the ball is rolling!

Until then it's:

Love that skit....

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms