mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 10-22-2013, 02:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

That sounds like a spring problem to me too.

If it'll help here's an old thread about tuning the valve and mainspring that should translate to your Ariakon pretty well:
zeus type spring tuning

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #12 (permalink)

Again thank you for the information. It will be a few days until I have time to check the valve spring and other ideas provided.

However I do have a question: if something is wrong with the valve, maybe a small nik that lets air through, where could I get a new one. I believe Ariakon is no longer in buisiness, and I don't know what parts would fit between companies. Would I be able to take parts from something like a Spyder, for example?
hhenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #13 (permalink)

Again, thanks for the advice. I now have a question:would oil on the pop up thingy (I think that's a new technical term in the valve cause a leak? I've been doing some research and think I saw this mentioned
Old 10-30-2013, 10:19 PM   #14 (permalink)

Well I have changed the cup seal, the valve spring, the o rings, oiled it, removed the oil, and did just about everything else I could think of. I am about ready to give up. I am currently looking for a new valve, but good luck with that. I am just about ready to sell this for parts or throw it into a lake. (Yes, I am irked and venting)

Is there a professional I could send it to? Maybe they would have better luck with it.

Again, any advice would be appreciated.

Signed,
Ticked off overlord owner. (yep, still venting. I apologize if this is not the appropriate location for it)
Old 10-31-2013, 08:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

From my experience, (i have a couple Delta 68's which are more or less the same gun with different outsides), the valve is the basic Spyder valve, atleast those have worked in my Delta's. Just make sure when you are removing/installing the valve to not use anything that will scratch/ding up the surface of the valve seat.

The slow leak down the barrel sounds to me like a valve thing. Likely its a very small surface imperfection in either cupseal or valve. (also i've found some of the 'new' cupseals don't like to seal straight off...might need just a little bit of 'break-in')

I would be willing to take a crack at it if you get too frustrated.
panhead4411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:31 PM   #16 (permalink)

Thanks for the idea.

I took the valve out of an old Spyder One (? My first marker, got it around 95.) The valve fits perfectly. However, the screw that goes into the bottom of the marker and holds the valve in place will not fit into the air flow opening (the one perpendicular to the cap seal and valve pin.)

This screw is also drilled out on the head to provide a place for the grip to screw onto the body.

(sorry such a poor picture)

I am wondering if I can take a drill, and very carefully expand that opening in the valve, or if this would just mess it up. Any ideas? It is a Spyder valve and they are common place and readily available.

Also, on a side note, while looking for a valve solution, I discovered the brass valve assembly from a PT Enforce will fit within an Overlord. However, due to the assembly containing both the valve and pierce pin all in one, once the item is inserted, it is just a touch short, and will not pierce the powerlet. A shim is needed to provide the extra length needed for the screw on cap to push far enough to pierce the powerlet. I did place the bottom screw that was mentioned earlier back onto the gun with this valve inserted. The marker successfully test fired, with no leaking. However the efficiency seems poor with only about 16 shots from the 12 gram.

So any ideas or comments? Should I go with the Spyder valve and modify, or go with the PT Enforcer valve?

Last edited by hhenson; 11-01-2013 at 10:35 PM. Reason: putting in pictures
Old 11-20-2013, 09:22 AM   #17 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhenson View Post
Thanks for the idea.

I took the valve out of an old Spyder One (? My first marker, got it around 95.) The valve fits perfectly. However, the screw that goes into the bottom of the marker and holds the valve in place will not fit into the air flow opening (the one perpendicular to the cap seal and valve pin.)

This screw is also drilled out on the head to provide a place for the grip to screw onto the body.

I am wondering if I can take a drill, and very carefully expand that opening in the valve, or if this would just mess it up. Any ideas? It is a Spyder valve and they are common place and readily available.

Also, on a side note, while looking for a valve solution, I discovered the brass valve assembly from a PT Enforce will fit within an Overlord. However, due to the assembly containing both the valve and pierce pin all in one, once the item is inserted, it is just a touch short, and will not pierce the powerlet. A shim is needed to provide the extra length needed for the screw on cap to push far enough to pierce the powerlet. I did place the bottom screw that was mentioned earlier back onto the gun with this valve inserted. The marker successfully test fired, with no leaking. However the efficiency seems poor with only about 16 shots from the 12 gram.

So any ideas or comments? Should I go with the Spyder valve and modify, or go with the PT Enforcer valve?
I hate that damn screw atm, My Overlord had the same issue as yours. I gave it to my local (**** show) Pro shop, they threw in an old spyder valve, found that the screw didn't thread in properly and filed the rest of the damn thing off so the grip frame would fit! The gun still doesn't work.

But, before I gave it to those morons, I popped in a spyder valve only to have the same issue. I didn't need to drill it out, I just used a round file and it worked fine.

Sadly I still haven't got it up and running yet I miss my old girl
TheHow7zer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:07 PM   #18 (permalink)

I have not posted for a while and thought I would do so. I have finally fixed the pistol. I had to redo the valve by changing it out for a spyder valve off of ebay. I then used the valve spring off of an elderly spyder, and it seems to keep air. I have been using it at the local field and find it works wonders. I have the ASA turned backwards and bought a dummy CO2 so I could run constant air. I may turn it around and run a remote line. Still undecided. Any other ideas of how I can modify this thing?
Old 06-21-2014, 04:03 AM   #19 (permalink)

I put a bottomlone on mine too. Havent touched it in yrs now. Mine is still shooting low, around 210 but it was close enough on yhe field that I didnt care. How many mags u got for urs?
slingshotted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:48 PM   #20 (permalink)

I have taken to running with a remote attached to the pistol. When i bought the thing off of ebay, it came with two extra magazines. I really don't use them that much, and refill from the 10 round tubes. As to how many shots i get from a tank, well I have no real idea because i am such a bad player I get tagged out very quickly.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms