mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

The external front thigh pockets hold 2 each, plus an extra can be put in each regular front pocket, they're quite deep.
Each back pocket holds 3 comfortably, will fit 6 in a pinch.

IF YOU'RE NOT ANTI-DENIM THESE ARE AWESOME!!!!!
Amazon.com: Woolrich- Elite 44909 Denim Discreet Pants: Clothing
The pockets on the sideseam are bottomload that will hold 3 zetas each.

For the price, you can have them hemmed to length at a seamstress. Other places on the web have various sizes of the denim and the regular tactical models.

AH! I forgot my beloved gloves! Duluth Trading carpenter's gloves! There's an extra pair in the mail for me!

I'm going to hit hell survivors every weekend if I can, the only out of town plan is Living Legends, for that I may only come for friday night and saturday. I'm hit on alloted time until june1, after that maybe someone will suggest something! Tippmann is expanding the TiPX Challenge with the finals at Hell Survivors in Sep, get to a challenge and come win! I'm making custom gunbelts for the winners, I will be the Judge.

What I need now is time behind my pistols. I finally woke up and got some stuff mailed out to be modified. The mods will not significantly affect my actual shooting, more smoothing out reloading steps. A lot of people may find it an odd look. Finally going to have exactly what I want, Smistols.

I'll keep my belt, but the modified pistols will need new holsters to fit them. In the right hand holster, I tried a steep forward cant last time, this put the zetamag right up behind my armpit out of the way, which helped rolling and moving through brush, but I found it did not draw as well. I'm going back to the normal 'FBI cant', trufeed mags would be preferable to a sticky holster.

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
So I bought one of those Propper Tac U combat shirts and man are they sweet. You can stuff all kinds of crap in the arm pockets. Only problem I had was the sleeves were way to tight.

I seriously felt like Arnold in Twins....

I ordered an extra large but luckily through amazon there's free shipping on returns. I just ordered a two XL. Hopefully my arms can fit in that.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 04:31 PM   #13 (permalink)

My first game of the year 2014 tomorrow, feels like this will be a good year from here on in. Start of this year was bad.
biteweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'm still thunderbirds are go for this weekend. Pump and Pistol day is sunday, I'm trying to swing that.

Mods that I'm having done to my pistol will be installed in time!
When I can show them off I will. I finally conquered my phobia and sent off a pistol to be worked on for the first time in 28 years of paintball. I finally hit that perfect combination of the right artist for the job and a concept that is simple but elegant.
The results are wildly exceeding my expectations.

Rob

Old 04-01-2014, 11:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
I'm still thunderbirds are go for this weekend. Pump and Pistol day is sunday, I'm trying to swing that.

Mods that I'm having done to my pistol will be installed in time!
When I can show them off I will. I finally conquered my phobia and sent off a pistol to be worked on for the first time in 28 years of paintball. I finally hit that perfect combination of the right artist for the job and a concept that is simple but elegant.
The results are wildly exceeding my expectations.

Rob
Let me know how the mod goes. I may have to send him my guns as well hahah!
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
simple but elegant.
I just commissioned a stock class pistol build with these exact words. I picked up a quote from CJ that I'll paraphrase: Perfection exists not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. Love this.

Can't wait to see what you have coming?
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:29 AM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

You know it Manning! Here's a selfie quote from the recent discussion.

"You can reach a point where you are at the mechanical limits for a given system. Not just the mechanical limits of the pistol condition and design, but of YOU too. When you can operate at that level when necessary, you find small details can have exponentially large effects. That the difference of 1/8th an inch can mean 100 more rounds over a 5 minute continuous attack. Having the capability to put out that extra 100 if necessary makes you calmer and more confident for the vast majority of situations, where it's not needed."

Like the front feed port mod on a zeus pistol. Those who've never used it say "Big Deal!". Those who've tried it know that adding one 7/8th inch hole makes it an all new gun and 10 times better. For me these things take the TiPX to where it would be if I had won Tippmann in a poker game, truly perfect. Only nicer looking than anything I've ever done by far.

This is also the first time I've ever got to be a tease about someone else's work, it's pretty cool!

Rob

Old 04-02-2014, 04:32 PM   #18 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Agree whole heartedly. With pistols, everything does matter. Minute differences really have their own synergy - both the good and the bad. Not fiddling with a plug for reloading a springfed marker saves precious seconds that otherwise leave you unable to fire and can result in an elimination. Shaving off three seconds of reload time exponentially decreases risk on the field.

I will patiently wait for the unveiling of your new system!
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:38 PM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

At least one of us is patient. I was ready to put a hide on the mailbox today and it didn't come. Watched pot never boils!

I can do this. I can do this.

Rob

Old 04-03-2014, 09:10 PM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

Sweet Saint Pete in sandaled feet!
The mail came.

I am speechless.

Rob

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms