mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 03-26-2014, 11:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
I used to paintball...?

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Armotech Zeus or Warsensor Zeus G2+ (and differences)?

Howdy folks - my Zeus quest(ions) continues!

I've recently acquired two Zeus's: and Armotech (no leaks) and a Warsensor G2+ (leaks from the pierce pin and cup seal). I'm looking to build up one into my primary and keep the other for parts, possibly eventually repair it as a backup. What should I consider in terms of which gets the overhaul? Is one noticeably better/different? Any recommendations? I will admit to liking the rails on the G2+ but I'm guessing I could swap those over by tapping the body on the Armotech if that's the superior pistol.

I thought I found some information on this stuff before but couldn't track down the thread: what are the differences between these two? I think Warsensor changed some threading sizes, right? Are the internals cross-compatible still?

Thanks all!
matteekay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

I think besides threads they're the same internally. I like the plain slab sided bodies without the hooks on the frame. Less stuff to snag on holsters and brush.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
I used to paintball...?

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Cool - which threads were those? The pierce pin block and the CO2 plug or something? I'm wondering if I can swap the internals of the Armotech into the G2+.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

A lot of them!
The Armotech uses standard threads. The pierce pin block is already tapped 1/4-28 so it can use phantom pierce pins, the co2 plug is tank threads-so any ASA plug can be used as a replacement.

The later warsensors use all wierdo propietary threads, after I think a threatened lawsuit.

The Armotechs and Miltecs were always my first choice over the warsensors. The Miltecs are identical to the older armotechs.

Rob

agentSmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
I used to paintball...?

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Perfect, exactly the info I was looking for. Thank you!

I like the G2+ body more so I might swap the internals, and/or bring the rails and such over to the Armotech.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
I used to paintball...?

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Found the thread with more info!

My new Miltec G2

However, in there you say you had to re-thread the pin block to the CCI pin. Was that just the case with the Miltec G2's? I'm going to order spare pins and want to make sure I get the right ones.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
I used to paintball...?

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Actually, this is a pic of the one coming (thanks Braelito!). I think it's a G2 based off of the air transfer port - does that change anything?

Old 03-28-2014, 10:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

That is a G2, a G1 will not have the stub barrel and will have a single straight line of porting on the barrel.

One other thing I did was cut that stub barrel down so it didn't stick out. This cleared access to the plug without leaving the threads exposed in there to collect spray.

That's a real workhorse you've got there. One thing I did to mine was remove all the innards and the detent and flexhoned the whole body.

The disadvantages of them are that you have to block the top of the pistol to load it and the lack of a regulator, but they give good service.

Rob

Old 03-28-2014, 10:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
I used to paintball...?

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Awesome, thanks again Rob. So I'm looking at Phantom pierce pins and a ASA-threaded knob? I think this one will be the primary and the G2+ will be the parts gun/backup.

It should be getting here today... and then the modding begins!
Old 03-28-2014, 11:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

I once shot 600paintballs in a 1 hour game with one of those. I was defending our home base and it felt like Custer's last stand out there.

You can see the empties starting to pile up in front of my knees. My teammates kept me in paintballs as they inserted past me.

I had a great 8 years with them as a primary. They came along at a time where I was starting to feel I'd taken pistols as far as I could and gave me a whole new lease on life.
If not for the popularity of this style there'd have been no T8 or TiPX, IMO. They showed there was a market for pistols.

Rob

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms